“A Sunday lunch to forget” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Le Pavillon Restaurant - Hotel Selman Marrakech

Le Pavillon Restaurant - Hotel Selman Marrakech
Km 5, Route d'Amizmiz, Marrakech 40160, Morocco (Formerly Le Pavillon Hotel Selman)
+212 5244-59600
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #481 of 664 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Pizza, International, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: The Pavilion is the perfect place to restore your energy at any time of the day. At the other end of the pool, The Pavilion provides a stunning view over the stables and paddocks where the Selman's' thoroughbred Arabian horses roam freely. One can eat lunch just a few steps from these spectacular creatures, taking advantage of this unique show. The Pavilion offers a Mediterranean-inspired menu: simple, tasty and fresh. Every Sunday, the Pavillon invites you for the Sunday Brunch with equestrian show and access to the swimming pool
Marrakech, Morocco
“A Sunday lunch to forget”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

There are a number of flaws that this hotel/restaurant should address if it is to compete with other more established ( and at this moment in time much better) venues in Marrakech.

The venue itself is uncomfortable. Far too many covers packed into too small a space made it next to impossible to travers the restaurant. The staff did there utmost to accentuate the problem by stuffing yet more tables into an already over crowded space.

There is a distinct lack of shade in general. I would not like to spend any time here at hotter times of the year. This is not a petty complaint but a serious design flaw which will make any visit uncomfortable.

There is a stables next to the Pavillion which although pretty means the restaurant is infested with flies. The buffet area on this day was particularly unclean which magnified this problem.

The food itself was poor to mediocre and I would suggest often prepared by inexperienced or untrained kitchen staff ( I can think of no other explanation). Compared to other similar types of restaurant in Marrakech it is overpriced also.

It is possible that my experience was an isolated one. Who knows? However, I can only judge on what I have seen and tasted and my judgement leads me to recommend that you try elsewhere as for a lot less money you can have a much more enjoyable experience elsewhere in this wonderful city.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
SelmanMarrakech, Directeur général at Le Pavillon Restaurant - Hotel Selman Marrakech, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

As you noticed, we accommodate many guests at the very popular brunch, and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to each at a good value price. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy and did not enjoy the quality of meal. Please accept my sincere apology.

Regarding the cost of brunch, though generally perceived as good value since it includes the equestrian show and full day access to the pool, but you may not have made full use of the package. As to the seating, we have two distinct areas, one in the shadow and the other in the sun, which is usually much more popular, notably with foreign visitors who make the most of our fantastic weather. Perhaps you were not offered the alternative and apologize if this was the case.

I want you to know that the concerns of our guests are taken seriously and your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated. I would much appreciate if you could contact me personally to discuss this further and give us another chance to show you the true quality of our team and product.
In anticipation, kind regards.

Christian Langlade