Amazing place in Marrakech old town. The Riad has been renovated recently and interior is very clean and stylish, but maintains local charm very well. Rooms are incredible and have lots of character. You can go on the rooftop where there is seating available to have drinks / dinner, and if it's too cold you can sit in the public area on ground floor where there are some nice sofas and even a speaker to connect your iphone / ipad to! Hosts are incredibly helpful and genuinely go out of their way to be helpful - they offered us snacks, drinks, they even went out to get some sweets for us one evening. I would even go as far as to say it's been the best service from the hosts I've had in any hotel, not even any B&B. There is free wifi available on the ground floor. Overall - fantastic experience with plenty of character, don't miss!
- Useful to ask for a pickup at the airport from the hosts - the place is impossible to find by yourself first time
- Language barrier is an issue if you don't speak French or Arabic. The hosts speak very little English, one solution we found was typing stuff up in google translate and showing to the hosts on the screen
- If you stay up late, it's not a problem - however beware that in the mornings the Riad can get a bit noisy as people come and go, and there is pretty much no sound isolation. Not a big issue at all, just something to be aware of
- There are no locks on the doors. There is no real security issue as the central door to the Riad is locked very securely and the hosts are incredibly nice people, but for the cautious among you it's still best to take a lock for the bag and put all valuables in there whenever you are out of the room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Riad Dar Thalge is situated in the heart of Marrakech and offers a perfect atmosphere for who wishes to discover the Moroccan lifestyle and visit the beautiful town of Marrakesh and its Medina. With a capacity of 10 people, you can chose either to take one room or the full Riad with the dedicated onsite personnel to answer to your every need.We speak English, French, Italian and Spanish ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Riad Dar Thalge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.