“Fantastic Weekend in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Riad Al-Bushra
14 Derb Snan | Mouassine, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #4 of 1,080 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Weekend in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

In May I had my fourth trip to Marrakech and it was my second time in Riad Al-Bushra. On the first occasion I had a house party for a group of friends for my birthday and we hired the whole riad. The riad had a great location which was close to everything we needed. Everyone was very impressed by the quality, decor, and cleanliness of the beautiful rooms. On the first night we wanted to have a pyjama party and a meal in the riad. This was no trouble to the hosts and I can highly recommend visitors try this. Their cook created a traditional Moroccan banquet which had obviously taken some time to prepare and was a great introduction for my friends.

The breakfasts were simply stunning. There were different elements every day but they were always fresh and consisted of pastries, fruit, eggs, bread and Moroccan pancakes. They were served wherever guests wanted and on the whole we opted to have them on the roof terrace. These were more substantial than the breakfasts in my previous stays in Marrakech even though the other riads were more expensive than Riad Al-Bushra.

The whole experience with my friends was so good and the location of the riad so perfect that I decided to stay at the same riad on my return trip as a single traveller in May. The riad has such a welcoming and comfortable atmosphere that I can highly recommend this riad for single travellers and for groups. One thing that makes this riad stand out from my previous trips is that the owner is present.and ensures the standards are maintained. He is mindful of the guests welfare and tries hard to ensure everyone has a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is most appreciated. When we bought the Riad we thought hard about buying in the right location and we are delighted you agree that we are conveniently located. We believe this makes it much easier for solo visitors.

Thank you for placing faith in us and visiting us on two separate occasions. I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again in the near future.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sutton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had a wonderful 4 days in this beautiful Riad with 7 friends in May. Gary was the most welcoming and helpful host I have ever experienced. He made sure that everyone within the group had the experience they wanted and took care of booking restaurants, taking us around the area and showing us all key landmarks to look out for when returning through the medina, arranging excursions, general info about the area and the culture and making our stay the most relaxed break I have ever had. I was not sure what to expect of Marrakech and after a couple of months of full on busy English life this was the perfect retreat and I did very little indeed which was just how I wanted it to be. Others in my group visited the Atlas Mountains and had a totally different experience and that was the joy of being there - you could do as much or as little as you wanted to do. I cannot thank Gary enough for his hospitality and this was very good value for money. Will definitely be returning and hope to do so with my husband next time. Perfect getaway and the food provided by Gary and his lovely house aid Fatti was second to none - if you are not sure take it from me - you need to book to Riad al-Bushra!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed Marrakech. We think it is a beautiful city and really want to support other people in their exploration and ensure they have a great time. I always think one of the benefits of staying in a Riad, rather than a Hotel, is you also get to know the host. We are delighted that Gary's knowledge was helpful and that he helped to make your trip a success. We also appreciate the kind words you expressed about Fatti our Housekeeper. She really is terrific. Thank you. We look forward to you and your husband returning.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We recently stayed at this beautiful Riad for a special (and much anticipated) few days away. Never having been to Morocco, we were a little uncertain what to expect and hoped our high expectations were going to be realised. We were not disappointed. Gary is a wonderful host ensuring airport pick ups, luggage transfers, a warm welcome and the most gorgeous home made pastries and mint tea on our arrival.
All the rooms are beautifully appointed with painstaking attention to original craftsmanship and detail.
The Riad, although very close to all the major attractions, is wonderfully tranquil and a perfect retreat when you have had enough of sightseeing and shopping.
The roof terrace is blissful, with views out over the city and the soothing sound of birdsong to accompany a wonderful breakfast and lots of places to sunbathe or to relax in the shade with your guidebook.
The fantastic plunge pool allows for a moments cooling off from the heat - if only for your feet!
Would happily recommended this lovely spot to anyone looking for somewhere special.

Room Tip: As we were staying with friends we managed to see quite a few of the rooms. All of them are quite un...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you Rob for your review. It was a pleasure hosting you and your friends and thank you for the kind words expressed in your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed the roof terrace (where we have now added additional shade since your visit). Hopefully we will see you back at Riad Al-Bushra soon.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I recently stayed at Gary's Riad with seven friends for a significant birthday. From the moment we arrived, Gary made us feel so welcome and clearly cared that we all should have an amazing time. From taking us to the cash exchange, teaching us some key phrases, sharing local delicacies, Gary really is the ultimate host. Every day and evening he would fill us in with key nuggets of information so that we could have a new adventure and really experience Marrakech.
The Riad itself is just beautiful and tastefully decorated. Nothing is too much trouble. This trip really exceeded my expectations and this was in no small part due to Gary's hospitality.

SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. It is most appreciated and thank you very much for the kind words expressed for Gary the Owner/Manager. Gary tries really hard to ensure people have a good Moroccan experience and take back positive memories of Morocco. We hopefully will see you return to Riad Al-Bushra soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The riad is stunningly beautiful, both the communal areas, and the bedrooms -- we were in the green twin-bedded room, which was elegant ,spacious, spotless, and impressive value for money. And a real choice of places to sit and relax in either sun or shade on the roof terrace, the internal galleries or the courtyard. Very calm and peaceful,and so relaxing.
Hard to believe that the riad is so close to the souks and the main square, and all the classic delights of Marrakesh.
I think this riad would particularly suit single travellers, or small groups of women, or people who may be apprehensive about coming to Marrakesh. The host Gary goes out of his way to make everything as easy as possible: arranging airport transfers, recommending lovely restaurants and reliable shops within walking distance -- and will even walk you there if the geography of the souk defeats you!

Room Tip: We loved the green room. (But peeked into the blue room, which looked perfect for a romantic weekend...
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Thank you for your kind review. It is most appreciated. Your comments about single people has given us something to consider and we will give this further thought. Thanks again. We look forward to welcoming you back to Riad Al-Bushra in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We had a lovely weekend break at this beautiful Riad set in the heart of the old city minutes from the souk and about a five minute walk from the square, yet incredibly quiet.
The rooms are large, very comfortable and beautifully decorated. The breakfast just fantastic and the hospitality superb, I shall go back again, it made such a convenient and good value break.

Room Tip: I stayed with a friend in the twin room which was a very good size, with a proper sitting area.
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are pleased you had a fantastic stay and are delighted that the Riad played its part in ensuring you had a good time. We are pleased you found the location good as this was one of the most important considerations when setting up the business. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Riad soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

The Riad was recommended by word of mouth and my expectations were more than met. The host is a lively friendly guy who makes you feel at home from the moment he collects you from your taxi. Marrakesh is an extraordinary city and the Riad offered the ideal location to explore it fully - with excellent restaurant recommendations from the host. The breakfast was truly amazing and sets you up for the day ahead - served on the roof terrace in the morning sun - then later a cup of tea is provided in the shaded court yard as you recount the days excursions in the comfort of the stylish Riad. The interiors are beautifully decorated - I felt like I was in a five star hotel - with five star comfort and service. I would highly recommend it to friends and family without hesitation and planning to take my parents there for their anniversary.

Room Tip: The blue room - it's magical
SteveLennox, Owner at Riad Al-Bushra, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are pleased you had a good stay and look forward to hosting you and your parents for their anniversary. We are delighted you enjoyed the breakfast as we do try to ensure we provide a good start to the day for our guests. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and having confidence in Riad Al-Bushra.

Been to Riad Al-Bushra? Share your experiences!