“Super Luxurious” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Palace Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Taj Palace Marrakech to your Saves list
Taj Palace Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bp 12440 | P.O Box 12440 Annakhil, Palmeraie, Marrakech 40016, Morocco   |
Ranked #163 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Sölvesborg
“Super Luxurious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent Hotel to recommend. Rooms har super big, more like an apartment, with separate bedroom, enourmos balcony with a huge sitting group and for first time in my life I also enjoyed steam bath in a separate steam bath room in my suite (not in a shower cabin).
Excellent staff, very helpful and wonderful garden dinner service for all my salesteam. Top quality food and good wine.
Pool outside but cool...in January 2014.
Worth coming back.
Only one small thing on the down side is you can't walk to city, taxi is required.
Peter

Room Tip: Ask for a Suite, excellent choice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dilpreet S, Front Office Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest

We thank you for your feedback and are happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Taj Palace Marrakech.

It is our constant endeavour to provide our guests with exceptional standards of products and services and such positive comments really motivate the entire Team.

We would like to inform you that we do have free shuttle service that operates daily (4 times per way at specified hours) between the town and the Palace

We look forward to welcoming you back at Taj Palace Marrakech.

Regards

Dilpreet Singh

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Am planning on hosting my son's wedding in marrakech in November and based on the reputation of the Taj hotels world wide thought this would be the ideal place. Went to visit them in early May this year and again recently. Although the property looked grand and ideal as a wedding venue the service we received was appaling. I ordered a cappucino and in the bottom of the cup was a used coffee capsule. Put me right off. Furthermore the management acted like they had a 100% occupancy when the hotel looked like it had under 5%. Understand the hotel is up for sale. Well the new owners are going to have a lot of work to build up the Taj reputation again. The current management have totally lost it. Am going with the Four Seasons instead.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk,UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This is a stunning looking hotel and first impressions were excellent. We stayed during Ramadan and although we expected it to be quiet, for the first night we were the only guests there. Many areas of the hotel seem unfinished, and some others not well maintained, with broken tiles and cracked paint here and there. Overall though we had a lovely holiday. The pool was very clean, rooms cleaned and tidied twice a day and the internal decor of the main part of the hotel good. Breakfast was excellent, although we found the evening menu limited in choice and quite pricey for what we got. We would recommend this, but go with the expectation of staying in a beautiful environment with limitations. It is some way from the centre of Marrakech, although there is a shuttle bus running during the day. A taxi back if you miss it is around 150DH. So it is a great place for several days of rest and relaxation, but after that you might want to go exploring further afield. The staff worked hard to please and although on occasions service was a little slow we were in no particular rush.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am delighted to hear that for the most part, your family enjoyed your time with us. I am, however, sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations in some areas; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Taj Palace Marrakech, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we have taken on board your constructive criticism, and are working to improve upon the points you mentioned.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed for 5 nights in July, we got a good deal and booked knowing that Ramadan would be a quiet period, however this hotel was like a ghost town. We only saw 2 other parties (couples) and we were a group of 6.
Location - The hotel is situated around 25 minutes from everything and the shuttle to the medina although good only goes around 4 times, which means you have to book taxis in advance of everything.
The resort is beautiful but some things just weren't right. The main thing being that no common parts of the hotel have air con and are decorated in thick rugs to make you feel even more hot. The gym and spa are also not sufficiently air conditioned either, and my sister who had a facial there, said it was more like torture than relaxation, as she was so hot.
The pool is lovely but the service by the pool is atrocious. I had to ask for a bottle of water 3 times and still didn't get it, also the hotel was half empty yet it took around 40 minutes to receive drinks (if you actually received them at all). The lunch service was also awful and there are also no fans in the shaded lunch area meaning there is no respite from the heat. Although the food for lunch was great.
The breakfast and dinner I could not fault apart from that the restaurant is the same for both and have no aircon or atmosphere. However the food is lovely and the staff/service great too.
It was a member of our party's birthday and the hotel made a good fuss they presented us with a cake at dinner and the waiters came out singing happy birthday which was a really nice touch. It was also made known to the staff that it was her birthday and many staff wished her a happy birthday.
The front desk staff and the concierge were faultless and really helpful with booking restaurants and information on things to do.
The rooms were decorated beautifully and extremely large but once again there was no air-conditioning in the bathroom or the dressing area, so getting ready was not comfortable at all. The power also went off and on every morning around 8am which meant the aircon turned off and the tv on and off around 5 times.
If I could sum up the stay I would say it is hit and miss, the hotel has the potential to be an amazing hotel, calm in the crazy of Marrakech however it is lacking a lot in terms of finishing touches and pool service.

Room Tip: rooms are nicer which face the pool area
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your honest reflection of your recent visit to Taj Palace Marrakech. I sincerely apologize that we let you down in many aspects of your stay, especially the poolside service and technical issues. As much as it pains us to read it, your constructive feedback is most helpful in recognizing which areas we need to improve.

Despite our shortcomings in this instance, we are delighted to hear that your sister's birthday was an enjoyable event. We do hope that you may one day return to give us a second chance.

Doha, Qatar
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

If I would have my 10 years old niece with me she would love it. A goldfish pink room full of mirrors and heavy curtains evoke the feeling that you have walked in into on of the Disney movies. But it finishes there. I have stayed there for about 3 nights and was glad we were leaving. Bathroom window could benefit from not being transparent considering the safety guard I saw walking up and down. The private Terrace would benefit from washing the mattress on the bed outside and not talking about the staff that have no idea what customer service is. Seeing a women dragging her suitcases at the end of the world one could think that if staff is staring at you they would at least say hello and not just look at you how u r struggling to get to your room, the same at breakfast which I though had quite poor choice. Gym quite limited.
The place has a beautiful setting with amazing view of atlas mountain and I could see few year ago it had it's good days but now it felt a bit abandoned and struggled. I wish the owner would invest into the manager who could explain the staff what customer service is and maybe invest a bit more love into the place that has so much potential. Oh yeah electricity power cut doesn't help if u have to go to work and have to take cold shower and can not see a thing in your room. Maybe it was time of the year....but the unprofessional manner how the situation was handle with was not nice at all and just the cherry on the cake to tell me....no, thank you for another time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear Ms. Anna,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay on Trip Advisor.

We are disappointed that you did not find Taj Palace Marrakech to your tastes, but have taken on board your constructive feedback so that we may better meet and exceed the expectations of our guests.

Taipei, Taiwan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My family and I traveled to Marrakech and stayed in the two bedroom suite in Taj Palace for two nights. The service and safety of the hotel was horrendous and unbelievably ridiculous. I filed the complaint twice before we checked out and once again via email after I got back to my home country, but was constantly told "we will get back to you"...

FIRST: At 9am in the morning, a member of the hotel staff barged into our room, without knocking. We had the "red tassel" hung on the door knob, which we were told meant "do not disturb". At 9am in the morning, my entire family was still sleeping and was awakened by the vigorous noise which the staff made when trying to open the door. When confronted, he said he needed to "check the mini bar", then left without any apologies or further explanation.

SECOND: The same morning, on our way to breakfast, my mum fell into a hole on the lawn which I believe was for the sprinklers. The lid was not covered properly, it scratched and bruised her feet and her new shoes were also destroyed. (See attached photos)

During breakfast, we raised the above issues to the restaurant manager and asked to speak to the hotel manager directly. After a few minutes, we were told that the hotel manager had just left for a meeting (how convenient...). The restaurant manager suggested that I leave my room number and email, he will ask the hotel manager to get back to me, and I did.

There was a two hour gap between the time I filed the complaint to the time we checked out... NO ONE came to ask if my mum was ok.

Before we left the hotel, I finally managed to speak to someone who said that she was the manager on duty. When I raised the issues to her again, she said she was aware of the complaints that I have filed, but couldn't find where we were...

I know "Taj Palace" is big, but it is not THAT big. There wasn't that many hotel guests and we were the only Asian guests in the entire hotel. What I find even more ridiculous was that both the restaurant manager and the duty manager knew our room number! So I find it hard to believe when the duty manager said she "could not locate us".

The room cost was NOT cheap, and I did NOT pay that amount of money to have some random male staff walk in and out of our suite whenever he feels like it, especially when my parents and both my sisters were still sleeping. Or to have my mum injured during our family vacation.

Following my email to Taj Palace and the Taj Hotel Group, I got a reply from Mr. Dino Van Eeckhaut, GM of Taj Palace Marrakech saying that he will get back to me within 24hrs...that email was sent on the 19th June, 2014...and I haven't received any relevant reply from any of their staff yet.

The rooms and facilities were also poorly managed and maintained. Dusty sofas and pillows, cracked marble in bathroom. Both our en-suite bathroom smelled a little funny, and our guest bathroom was leaking, which no one came to fix.

Obviously, since the management of the hotel doesn't care about their customers, why should their staff? I will NEVER recommend anyone to stay in this hotel, with the price you're paying, probably better off at the Aman or the Four Seasons.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest,

Once again, please accept our sincerest apologies for your experience at Taj Palace Marrakech. This is truly an unfortunate accident, which by no means reflects our normal levels of service and standards upon which we pride ourselves.

Both our General Manager and Front Office Manager have been in contact with you, and I hope you are satisfied with the recovery that has been offered. Despite our shortcomings in this regard, we hope to welcome you back to Taj Palace Marrakech.

Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Me and my Fiancée stayed at this hotel for 7 nights, and It was everything I had expected and more! The property was absolutely beautiful, just like a fairytale palace, making me feel like a true Princess, haha. The rooms are even BETTER than the pictures! We were both so in love with our suite and I think I took about a couple of dozen pictures of it.

The hotel is located around 20 min from central, but we rented a car and it was much easier to find the way, than we originally thought it would be. It is basically just a straight road, all the way to town (Giliz) from the hotel.

The staff were super friendly and accommodating and the concierge Adil, was one of the sweetest and most helpful persons we have ever met! He handled all our daily "challenges", as they indeed were, wholeheartedly. Everyday we wanted him to book us table reservations and other tour reservations, we would always give him a late notice - not on purpose! - but he always managed to find us exactly what we wanted. We could call him whenever we wanted, even on his days OFF, we would call him to help us with something, and he was more than honored to help! What a terrific human being!

We highly recommend this hotel, if you are looking for a luxurious, relaxing vacation. We cannot wait to be back and especially to see our friend Adil!

FUN FACT:
This is the hotel where Sex & the City 2 was filmed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Princess Gabriela,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent visit to Taj Palace Marrakech. The fact that you spent a week feeling like a fairytale princess is ever so rewarding and satisfying for us.

Sometimes one particular person / element / anecdote can truly make a vacation; providing you happy memories to look back on for years to come. In your case, this was Adil, who I must concur is a true gem of a person, colleague and Concierge all rolled into one. I will be sure to share your kind words with him, knowing that he will be honoured and humbled to receive them.

Adil and the rest of the team at Taj Palace Marrakech eagerly await your return!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Taj Palace Marrakech? Share your experiences!