“Like a fairytale!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sahara Palace Marrakech

You added Sahara Palace Marrakech to your Saves list
Sahara Palace Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bp 12440 | P.O Box 12440 Annakhil, Palmeraie, Marrakech 40016, Morocco   |
Ranked #184 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Like a fairytale!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Me and my Fiancée stayed at this hotel for 7 nights, and It was everything I had expected and more! The property was absolutely beautiful, just like a fairytale palace, making me feel like a true Princess, haha. The rooms are even BETTER than the pictures! We were both so in love with our suite and I think I took about a couple of dozen pictures of it.

The hotel is located around 20 min from central, but we rented a car and it was much easier to find the way, than we originally thought it would be. It is basically just a straight road, all the way to town (Giliz) from the hotel.

The staff were super friendly and accommodating and the concierge Adil, was one of the sweetest and most helpful persons we have ever met! He handled all our daily "challenges", as they indeed were, wholeheartedly. Everyday we wanted him to book us table reservations and other tour reservations, we would always give him a late notice - not on purpose! - but he always managed to find us exactly what we wanted. We could call him whenever we wanted, even on his days OFF, we would call him to help us with something, and he was more than honored to help! What a terrific human being!

We highly recommend this hotel, if you are looking for a luxurious, relaxing vacation. We cannot wait to be back and especially to see our friend Adil!

FUN FACT:
This is the hotel where Sex & the City 2 was filmed!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Sahara Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Princess Gabriela,

Thank you for posting your review about your recent visit to Taj Palace Marrakech. The fact that you spent a week feeling like a fairytale princess is ever so rewarding and satisfying for us.

Sometimes one particular person / element / anecdote can truly make a vacation; providing you happy memories to look back on for years to come. In your case, this was Adil, who I must concur is a true gem of a person, colleague and Concierge all rolled into one. I will be sure to share your kind words with him, knowing that he will be honoured and humbled to receive them.

Adil and the rest of the team at Taj Palace Marrakech eagerly await your return!

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Mumbai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and myself stayed here for two nights between the 24th to the 26th of June 2014. From the beginning to the end of our stay, nothing was too much for the team at Taj to handle. Everything was very professional and very efficient.

Hotel description: Amazing location, superb rooms, we stayed in the Palace Atlas Room overlooking the pool and the atlas mountains and it was incredible. The property is huge and well managed.

Food: We are vegetarian jains and this is one area where the Taj Group and Team have an expertise. They got us in touch with the chefs directly and we were able to co-ordinate with them for whatever food we required. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner were a feast and an amzing experience. They sent a special cake to our room to commemorate our anniversary. Again a very special feeling and great touch by the Taj group.

Team and management: Angela Mcguire, thank you for everything. A big shout out to you for making our stay very special. Any request made to you was not only fulfilled but exceeded our expectation. You have managed to add the Taj Palace Marrakech back on our bucket list. Hope to see you again real soon.

Other kudos to, Mr. Khalid at reception, Mr. jaffar Ali in reservations, Mr. Mohammed at Mantra, Mr. Dolphy the chef at mantra, Mr. David the Head chef(the walnut tart was fabulous).
I apologize if I have forgotten anyone in my review but my memory is not what is used to be;@).

Thank you for an incredible stay and experience, we look forward to staying with you again soon.

Rushabh and Miral Parikh

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Parikh,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor.

Your praise is truly humbling, and I have already passed along your kind words to the team, who were indeed highly encouraged by your remarks. We are thrilled that your anniversary was memorable, and that we were able to meet your dietary requirements.

You are always welcome at Taj Palace Marrakech!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I'm currently staying at the Taj Palace Marrakech for four nights until the 14th of June 2014. It is a stunning property with the worst service except Abdil at the concierge who is brilliant and else everything is horrible. I've stayed at all the leading and luxury hotels and resorts from Maldives to Bora Bora but nothing as bad as this. Our room was stunning as we took a 1 bedroom Atlas Suite at the palace and I personally informed the hotel 1 month prior to my coming at the hotel via email of my preferences as I'm a Taj Innercircle Gold member as well. But nothing was ensured one bit to what was promised. The rooms and bathrooms are full of Mosquitos and water pressure is pathetic no privacy through the bathroom window as I could see people taking bath in the riads opposite butt as naked, cracked marble flooring. Any requests for anything takes between 30-45 mins and sometimes an hour. The Spa is the worst I spent nearly 2000 Moroccan dirhams on 3 treatments for me and my wife but it was as if we paid someone to drop oil on us. Without courtesies to offer towels water cover your eyes while getting a massage or even English speaking staff. I have 3 more days yet to go and I'm debating what to do. On top of that you will pay top dollar which one doesn't mind where you get service and personalisation often across top resorts of the world but not here. Go to Four Seasons or any random Riad it will be much better. You can't even see Atlas Mountains which they mention for their rod nowhere to be seen. No people to serve at the pool no life guards absolutely deserted waited for 45 mins for someone to come to us big in despair. Walked across the hotel to he reception to get a bill cancelled for which I signed to be served prior to getting the food as it never showed up. Pathetic!!'

• Stayed June 2014
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Sahara Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. Raghu,

Thank you for your constructive feedback.

It was a pleasure meeting with you to discuss your concerns, and I can only apologize that your stay did not get off to a positive start. I do hope that you enjoy the rest of your time with us and here in Morocco, and remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Guest Relations
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We recently hired out one of the restaurants at this hotel for a wedding brunch. The food was of the highest standard. We are used to world-class buffets and the brunch that the Taj hotel in Marrakech put on for us in May 2014 was certainly ranked in our top 3. The food was immaculately presented, tasted fantastic, and was constantly replenished. Moreover, the quality of the food was outstanding - oysters, bresaola, sushi, fois gras, truffled eggs, etc.

Kamil Ennadifi, the hotel F&B manager for our brunch provided service of the highest quality, accommodating our every need inlcuding a live violinist (all we said is that we like classical music. We thought they would play a classical mix, but instead organized a wonderful live violinist). The planning and execution world class and all at very affordable prices. Thank you again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Taj Palace Marrakech as the venue for your wedding brunch, and for taking the time to share your experience with other Trip Advisor users.

We are delighted that the day was memorable, and that you enjoyed the food, quality, service and entertainment. I will be sure to pass along your words of thanks to Mr. Kamil.

Wishing you a long life of love and happiness together.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Fabulous hotel situated around some amazing scenery. The atmosphere of the hotel is real quality.
Every detail in the design has been carefully planned giving a real sense of Maroc with hints of the hotels HQ India.
We stayed in the Grand Family suite which was spacious and more than comfortable. Our travelling companions stayed in luxury suites inside the Palace which was also spacious, very clean and extremely comfortable.
We did take a tour of the Royal Suite which was incredible!
The staff around the pool and restaurants were always on hand to make you relax as much as possible... nothing was ever too much trouble.
Our only regret is that there was not any entertainment in the evenings or for the kids, however we made our own and the kids never complained with the glorious swimming pool.
We were also lucky to witness the celebrations of the Rallye Du Maroc and meet some of the rally drivers.
Having stayed at a few different hotels in Marrakech now, I feel in a good position to highly recommend a stay at the Taj Palace.
Thank you too each and every member of the staff during our stay and especially the two duty managers who made sure that we were well looked after.

M. Silver

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Sahara Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Mr. Silver,

Warm greetings from Taj Palace Marrakech, and thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the suites comfortable, spacious and to your taste. We are also glad that you enjoyed the Rallye du Maroc - it was certainly a fantastic event and we were proud to be involved.

Come back and see us again soon... we are sure the little ones are still talking about the pool!

York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I am currently staying at this hotel for 7 nights for my honeymoon and it is most impressive!. I have been lucky enough to stay at many luxury hotels around the world, however the Taj palace wins, hands down, the award for best service!. The staff here cannot do enough for you, they are polite, friendly and best of all know the area well so can give you many personal views on what to see and do.

The rooms are all very large and luxuriously equipped, however the TV system sucks! (however your not here to watch TV!!). The hotel is kept immaculate and wherever you go a member of staff will greet you, make sure your ok and, best of all, remember your name…!

Now, one thing to consider, the food prices… they are simply to high, even for a Tokyo, London or New York hotel these prices would be top top end…. $7 for a can of coke… seriously Taj how can you justify this?. Also the breakfast, it’s very very average and weighs in at a hefty $35 per person, again not justifiable in my eyes especially based on quality!

Don’t let the location put you off, unless you LOVE hustle and bustle 24/7, being 30 minutes from the Medina is great, you can really relax here after a hectic day being accosted by snake charmers wanting $20 for a picture (even if your taking apicture in their general direction, they will want money!). Besides the hotel has a (quite) regular free shuttle service which is fantastic and while this finishes at 8pm a tax back is only $20 which is not bad given the distance.

Overall we love it here and would for sure come back, however Taj, please look at both your food and beverage pricing and quality, I’m not saying food is bad at all, but it for sure is overpriced – which seems to be the general feeling of all the guests we spoke to.

Room Tip: They are all great, you cannot go wrong!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Thank you for your valuable feedback about your recent stay with us at Taj Palace Marrakech. We are so thrilled that your honeymoon was a memorable occasion... we are always delighted when guests chose to celebrate such a special event with us!

With regards to our Food & Beverage pricing, it is in line with our competitors and the market, however we are always open to improvement and will certainly look into the points you mentioned.

We do hope that you enjoyed the remainder of your trip in Morocco, and are here waiting for you to return to celebrate your anniversary!

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

The first thing that strikes you is the very impressive view you get as you are entering the grounds. It definitely gets the WOW factor. It is truly palatial in scope and grandeur and set with the backdrop of the Atlas mountains is just the icing on the cake.

Talking of cake, the breakfast is probably the best in a hotel we have had. A large selection of food and fruit, and fresh juices makes for a treat. It is rather expensive though, so I suggest you get this included within your rate; there are no other places in the vicinity to eat so you'll be stuck otherwise. We didn't have lunch or dinner at the hotel, as there is a free shuttle bus to the main square which takes about 40 minutes, and there are lots of places to eat there. Beware scam artists pretending to be Taj officials to show you around once you get off the bus though.

As for the hotel itself, it really is something you'll be talking about for a long time afterwards. My wife was quite impressed that it was where Sex and the City 2 was filmed, but I was more impressed with the spa and fitness facilities - the indoor heated swimming pool is fantastic (set within a lovely authentically decorated room), and we had a hamman which was excellent. It has a gym with a small collection of mainly cardio and strengthening equipment. Unfortunately the screen and music on the equipment didn't really work, and there were no free weights. There are 2 outdoor pools, one centre huge one, and another hidden away behind it; both were freezing and more for show than for use in my opinion. It was really good just to sunbathe next to the main one though.

The foyer and the lounge are incredible and you really get a good idea what royals must feel like. We loved the tea man who would pour Moroccan tea in most late afternoons (free service), and also sitting by the real fire reading felt really relaxing.

The rooms were huge. I understand they are all excellent. Ours had a massive balcony, a huge King size bed, and a great bathroom; lots of space really. This description really doesn't do it justice; it was the best room in a hotel we have stayed in.

This is one of a handful of Taj hotels we have stayed in and each one has been without fault in the service and friendliness. The staff will do anything for you and they are to be highly commended. It was just great to get away from the madness of the main square and not get hassled every other minute by people trying to sell you stuff.

Room Tip: We were in the Riad which was excellent. I understand all the rooms are brilliant so whichever you g...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. Anjan,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your visit to Taj Palace Marrakech.

The team will be ever so encouraged by your lovely comments about the service and level of friendliness, which I assure you is genuine and a true reflection of Moroccan hospitality as a whole. Thank you also for your constructive feedback about our pool and gym facilities... we are always looking for ways we can improve our product and services, and comments such as yours highlight where we can do so.

We hope to welcome you back to Marrakech and the Taj in the not too distant future.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sahara Palace Marrakech? Share your experiences!