“Beautiful Place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Taj Palace Marrakech

Save Saved
You added Taj Palace Marrakech to your Saves list
Taj Palace Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Bp 12440 | P.O Box 12440 Annakhil, Palmeraie, Marrakech 40016, Morocco   |
Ranked #155 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
london
“Beautiful Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

A stunning hotel! The decor and layout is truly breathtaking. Amazing indian food in the restaurant.. Only a few minor moans, as with most hotels of this standard, the drinks where extremely expensive as was the mini bar and the noise from the rooms above could give riverdance a run for it's money at times. Overall a must visit place!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Angela M, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay with us at Taj Palace Marrakech.

We are glad you liked the design of the property and the Indian cuisine. Thank you also for expressing your constructive criticism, as this helps us to improve our services in order to better meet our guests expectations.

We do hope to welcome you back to Taj Palace Marrakech in the future.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

I spent 5 nights at the Taj Palce with my partner and we celebrated her Birthday whilst there. All in all we had an absolutely fantastic experience at this wonderful hotel and would highly recommend it to anyobe else. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were made to feel genuinely welcomed by all of the staff and were greeted with Mint Tea, a Tour of the Hotel and an upgrade to a fabuously spacious and gorgeous Atlas Suite.

We ate in the Indian Mantra Restaurant the first night and the food was delicious, the service was amazing and we really enjoyed this experience. This set the tone for all of the meals which we had whilst staying at the Taj.

Breakfasts were a truely wonderful experience where we were guided to our seats by Mazem and his team and continually topped up with coffee, fresh orange juice fresh knives, forks and napkins. The Morroccan breakfast was highly recommended by Mazem and lived up to its expectations.

The entire Hotel is immaculately clean and sells absolutely gorgeous. Fresh flowers are in abundance throughout the corridors, rooms and reception areas and the actual builing has a really fragrant smell about it.

The pool area is amazing, the sun loungers smart, comfortable and come provided with fresh towels. The pool bar staff serve you with water as soon as you arrive at the pool and are always on hand to bring you coffee or fresh fruit cocktails.

The indoor pool in the spa is free to use and is like swimming in a large warm bath. Once again the loungers, robes and towels are provided and the staff serve you with mint tea upon arrival.

The suite we were upgraded to was spacious, well decorated, extremely clean and had a coffee machine provided which is topped up each day free of charge. The suite had 2 large flat screen televisions with a wide array of channels to choose from and a large log fire which the staff will light for you every eveing if you ask them to.

The bed was huge and comfortable and the bathroom and balcony area once again were huge, comfortable and spotlessly clean.

On 1 particular night when it was my Partners Birthday we returned to find the following. The log fire lit, candles lit all around the room, swans made out of towels, rose petals scattered around the bath and bed. They also provided a birthday cake which was and all in all the staff had made a really big effort.

The Taj is located a bit outside Marrakech itself but a free shuttle mini bus takes you into Marrakech itself 3 or 4 times a day. The last time is 1700 and you'll have to get a taxi back which will generally cost you 200 dirham which is roughly about £15.

All in all we had an amazing time at the Taj Palace. We were absolutley spoiled by the staff from Angela McGuire the Guest Relations Manager through to Hassan the Receptionist and Mazem who ran the breakfast and Pool areas. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and all of them were extremely polite, helpful and courteous.

I'd highly recommend staying at the Taj Palace. Its definitely an amazing place to look at at and stay in. The smiles and courtesy of the staff really adds to your experience and you'll always remember stsying there.

Room Tip: Atlas view rooms have an amazing view over the pool are and of the Atlas Mountains
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TajPalaceMarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Mr. Paul,

Thank for your glowing feedback of your recent visit to Taj Palace Marrakech!

We are delighted that your special occasion was memorable, and I will be sure to pass along your lovely comments to the teams.

We hope to welcome you back for many years to come!

Best regards,

Guest Relations
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

As we arrived at the Taj Palace I couldn't stop saying "Wow". I am very well travelled but rarely does a hotel have this kind of impact right from the start.

We were upgraded to two Riadh suites which were enormous and abosolutely beautiful. Two points that could be improved - the extreme lack of lighting in the separate toilet made it hard to see anything. It was ridiculous. The toilets in the main building and the spa were just as bad. Black walls and poor lighting are not a good combination. The other point which nearly drove me to distraction was that the room above must have had wooden floors like ours. Very early every morning a child started playing, running and dropping things on the floor. At some point furniture also got moved and we could hear it all just above our heads! It woke me up every day apart from the last when I assume that the family above must have already left. I like a lie in when I am on holiday but I didn't get one.

The outdoor pool was magnificent and unheated. My crazy teenagers decided that they had to swim to the centre and back. Both came out with blue fingers and toes, though they claimed to have enjoyed the experience. Only one other crazy person ventured in to the pool over the five days that we were there. There is no pool scene. There were never more than 10 people around the pool. I assume that most people spend their days out touring, but we were there for a complete rest and enjoyed the wonderful peace and quiet. The indoor pool on the other hand was as warm as a bath and when the sun went in we all popped in there for a swim. The spa was in the same building and my husband and I both booked a massage which unfortunately impressed neither of us which was a shame as I was planning to have a massage every day.

The service in the restaurant at lunch time was beyond slow but amazingly on the last day when we told them that we were in a hurry to leave for the airport the service was incredibly fast. They can do it if they want to!

The staff were all very sweet and helpful though it would have been nice if they had contacted us after finding my son's wallet rather than waiting for him to find out that he had left it behind and call them. They initially quoted him a huge amount to have the wallet DHL'd home but luckily one of the staff was visiting a nearby city where we knew someone who could return the wallet to us and they were happy to drop it off there.

Location wise, if you want to spend lots of time in the Medina then you may be a little far out in this hotel, though they do provide a shuttle bus. We preferred a cab and the 20 minute journey into town didn't bother us.

Would I come back here again? It seems to be one of the most attractive luxury hotels from checking out the photos of the comparable hotels but if I come without kids I will probably opt for a Riadh in the centre of town. This place is a perfect escape from the city as long as you don't have anyone walking with shoes on in the room above when you are trying to sleep!

Room Tip: We had two suites in the Riadhs but I also visited a normal room and the biggest suite in the main p...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
TajPalaceMarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Dear Mrs. Ilana,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at Taj Palace Marrakech. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Taj Palace Marrakech, we continuously strive to meet your needs and expectations; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems you mentioned and prevent any future occurrences.

Launceston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

I've just come back from 8 days Trips to Marrakech (first time). Every thing went verry well. We picked from the airport & were really impressed with entry to the hotel. Were welcomed by iced tea in the hotel's magnificent beautiful lounge. I usually don't drink tea but this one I acceppted it away. Escorted to our room and WOW........beautifully decorated large room, walkin dressing room with big bathroom one side & seperate shower room the other side. All praise for the room. Coffee machine & a kettle for tea,
black coffee but my husband had to drink black tea. Iwe did'nt bother with milk for our rest of the stay. Indian restaurant at the hotel, food wz really tastey but not much choice. Swimming pool wz large but not open as cleaning in process. Managed to get time to pay a visit to the spa & it wz lovely. All in all ENJOYED THE STAY AT THE TAJ PALACE MARRAKECH. only down side wz, away from the city. finnally all was great and lovely. thank you very much Trek in Atlas .co.uk for your help and great service bokking you gaved us.we really want to com back and sty for longer time up oin the atlas mountains as we had spand enaugh time this holiday in Marrakech and we well never forget about it

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
TajPalaceMarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Ms. Catherine,

Warm greetings from Taj Palace Marrakech, and thank you for sharing your lovely comments about your stay with us.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed the room and your visit to Morocco, and do hope to welcome you back.

Angela Mcguire
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time here during the new year holidays. The hotel is beautifully designed by Stuart Church and all aspects of it are in elegant proportion to each other. It is opulent and grand without being vulgar. I hope it is well maintained to have the desired impact.

We had some room and service issues but management was determined to ensure we did not remain dissatisfied. The management effort was genuine and sincere which was refreshing.

I have to mention a couple of people that were very helpful over and above what was expected. I hope their attitude serves as an example to rest. These were Adil at concierge, and Mezan at the restaurants.
I would also definitely recommend the Hammam experience here. The staff were skilful and helpful.

One thing, which I hope something can be done about it, was that the kitchen and food smell floods the main corridors during the day which is not pleasant or classy.

Overall a great relaxing place that I would come back to, as management seems determined to make it better.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
TajPalaceMarrakech, Public Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear Mr. Farhan,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay at Taj Palace Marrakech.

We are delighted that your family enjoyed your New Year's break, and I will pass along your words of appreciation to Adil, Mezan and the Spa team. Thank you for your honest and constructive feedback; we will certainly endeavour to improve upon the points you mentioned.

Wishing you a happy New Year, and hopefully we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future.

Nairn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was a superb hotel but as other comments state , dinner expensive,no coffee shop,and the hotel was empty apart from 2/3 other parties. We were also upgraded to a suite in the main building I think due to the numerous other rooms being shut down and the room was lovely, and the staff could not be faulted.

Room Tip: Try for the suite upgrade.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TajPalaceMarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Dear Mr. Dave,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Taj Palace Marrakech, and for sharing your review on Trip Advisor.

We are so happy to hear that you appreciated our lovely staff and the upgrade to the suite. The fireplaces in the suites are simply devine in these cool winter months! I am sorry that we somehow did not show you our Bombay Club, from where we serve lunch, drinks, tea and coffee, etc. through out the day.

On behalf of the entire team, we wish you a Happy New Year, and look forward tko welcoming you back to Taj Palace Marrakech.

Nairn, Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We stayed for a 5 night stay here. We were upgraded to a suite which was beautiful. Breakfast was very good..just ask for what you want. The dinners available in November when we stayed were limited and expensive, but very good. No coffee shop open or even a light bite menu at lunch that we could find.. The staff were very attentive, but didn't have too much to do, which was a shame..It was a 25-30 mins ride into town by shuttle 4 times per day which was great. Good luck to the Taj and many thanks for the upgrade...you have fabulous rooms and pool and surrounds

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TajPalaceMarrakech, Guest Relations Manager at Taj Palace Marrakech, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay at Taj Palace Marrakech!

We are glad that you enjoyed the suite upgrade and found our staff to be helpful and attentive. Our Bombay Club is open throughout the day serving drinks, lunch, tea and coffee, etc. in the veranda and gardens. Perhaps we did not advise you of this location, for which I truly apologize.

We wish you a happy and prosperous New Year 2014, and hope that we may welcome you back to Taj Palace Marrakech again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Taj Palace Marrakech? Share your experiences!