“Another reviewer finds the place.....closed!!!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bleu d'Orange

Bleu d'Orange
1 Boulevard De La Menara | Four Seasons Resort Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #412 of 527 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Italian
London
“Another reviewer finds the place.....closed!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Three emails to four people at the Four Seasons were not enough to avert disaster - me and my friend rock up to find the hotel deserted, the Italian closed, and my table for two a table for none.

I had confirmed I wanted a table for two outside - the response I got from the restaurant was swift and even better, was copied in to no less than four people. Impressive, I thought. I confirmed to all on the email chain that I wanted the table that evening, but at a later time. Nothing beyond the wit of one person at a local cafe, let alone four people at the Four Seasons. Or so I thought. No response, no out of offices received. I send another email some hours later. No response, no out of offices received. Eight opportunities for someone to tell me that 'it's closed' to coin an oft-heard Moroccan phrase. Nothing. Assume all fine. How hard can it be?

Taxi to hotel. Next contact is at the hotel - a bemused staffer. Concierge comes over and says we can have something on the club-style terrace for free and would we want a drink while we wait, as long as I can show her the emails. She provides her email address and wifi code. Confirm again verbally that everything will be complimentary - we hear 'yes'. She departs and we email her our thanks for the complimentary food and drink to the email she gave us. Food was good, excellent choice of gins. Bill arrives.... guess what, only some drinks are complimentary. More tense waiting. Finally, all resolved - everything on the house. I've felt more relaxed in the company of carpet sellers in the souks.

All VERY awkward and embarrassing for me and everyone else. All could have been avoided had one of the four staffers responded to just one of my emails. It's the Four Seasons - you don't expect this.

Huge thanks to the staff who stayed and looked after us. They were great and the only ones there who got our cash. The hotel is amazing, it looks every bit like a luxury Four Seasons. Grounds are stunning. Foyer is imposingly beautiful. Friends stayed there earlier in the year and adored it. But clearly, something is not quite right with this restaurant and the people who are supposed to manage it. Having said that, thank you Four Seasons for a nice meal and (eventual) free hospitality.

Top Tip: quadruple check your booking but do visit as the premises are lovely. Just don't be hungry.

Visited June 2013

42% Recommend
Kinsale, Co. Cork Ireland
“worst meal in town”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

we had a dinner arranged in the Italian Restaurant, booked for a part of 4 via our friends Black American Express service. Upon arrival we were told the restaurant was closed. We questioned this as we had a confirmed booking but nobody bothered to get back or apologise. We ended up having dinner in the Moroccan Restaurant. The fod was only just ok but the wine service was terrible. We ordered a bottle of Montrachet and were presented with a bottle of Pommerol instead. We then opted for a Sancerre which was warm and we were told that the fridge had broken down........A meal for just under 4000.- MAD was a big waste of time and money.

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Surprise!! Closed.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had booked a reservation here for dinner with some friends only to arrive and find it closed. We were directed to the other restaurant, Solano, which was a huge disappointment (took them 4 tries to get the correct bottle of white wine which was not chilled, then brought a red which they promptly stuck into a bucket of ice!). The management never apologized or tried to explain what had happened. Certainly not up to our usual Four Seasons experience!

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Conwy, United Kingdom
“Magnificent Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We had the most fabulous dinner last week at Bleu d'Orange at the Four Seasons Hotel. I made the reservation before we left the UK and expecting a busy restaurant, thought it would be best to book in advance. I additionally added that we would take a drink in the rooftop bar prior to dinner.

Imagine my surprise then then when we arrived and escorted up to the bar which was totally empty! Unbeknown to us, the entire Four Seasons was booked out by BMW for a conference, and so everyone was eating in the main hotel restaurant. None the less Frederico and his amazing team opened the bar just for us. As it was cold, he suggested if we prefered, we coul go into the hotel's Cuban Bar for pre-dinner drinks. The Bleu D'Orange had no reservations apart from us, so once again we were treated to a private dining experience.

The food, the service, the general atmosphere was superb. We even went back up to the Cuban Bar later where there was live music (and by now, some hotel guests too).

Everything about the experience was amazing from start to finish. A definite treat (as it's not cheap)! But worth every penny for what we had.

Thank you for a marvelous evening.

• Visited February 2013