“A little haven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,092 Marrakech B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A little haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I found Riad Alnadine when I was planning a hen party for a close friend of mine. The were rated number 2 of all the bed and breakfasts in Morocco. The pictures and the reviews had me convinced that this was the place for us.

I was trying to organise a trip for a large group and Nadine was ever polite, responded to all my questions promptly. Nadine helped us organise our taxi, first night dinner and recommended a company for our quad biking experience and spa days.

Nadine arranged for a taxi to pick us up... It took over an hour to get through marrakesh customs. I would advice everyone to book a taxi through Nadine as we soon discovered that cars can only get so far in the medina. Alain and Nadine were awake waiting for us... They showed us to our rooms and invited us to dinner on the terrace a yummy Aubergine and chicken salad with mint tea and a cake that I had asked Nadine to purchase for our bride to be!!!!

Our rooms were gorgeous, each individually themed ensuite, very very clean. There is free wifi everywhere. The next day and every other day breakfast was served on the terrace. We feasted on eggs,sausages,creeps,chips,home made yogurts,freshly baked pastries,bread,fruit juice,fruits. It was all delicious and seemed endless. Nadine there personally serving you the meal.

Nadine provided us with a Map and highlighted all the attractions and routes to get back to the riad. As we were preparing to leave she offered to walk us into the square, showed us the spa, landmarks to recognise when trying to get back to the Riad and best place to buy argan oil. We were so grateful that she honestly went out of her way.

The Riad is beautiful.. The food is superb.. The hosts are lovely and go over and above what's required. We bought a few bottles of wine at €9 and Nadine threw in some roast almonds. There is a open bar and what's amazing is you tell the hosts what you have taken....

Alain and Nadine, many thanks for having us. Have a lovely vacation in France, you work so hard you deserve it !!!!!

I loved Morocco and the Riad was one of the best experiences I had of Morocco. I am definitely coming back later this year.

Room Tip: We chose the bigger rooms they are ensuite with a door. Our room was right above the terrace if you...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Lovely hostel - was quite a spontaneous choice to stay here but definetely a wise choice. Beatiful rooms and a very friendly feel, Alan and Nadine are always delighted to help in any way possible. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, August 23, 2014
With delay Thank you for taking your time to write a comment on these few days at Riad Alnadine. We hope to see you again this year ...Nadine and Alain
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I planned a henweekend in marrakesh for a dear friend of mine. I discovered Riad Alanadine on trip advisor and the pictures had me hooked.. the reviews complimented the pictures and there was a special offer on the rooms.....so we booked!

Prior to arriving in Marrakesh I had plenty of questions as I was managing the booking on behalf of a group, Nadine always responded to my endless questions politely.. promptly and tirelessly.

We arrived Marrakesh, Nadine had prebooked a taxi for us.. I would recommend to anyone travelling to the Medina to book with Nadine as it can be very tricky making your way around the Medina as a whole.

We arrived at the riad at 11.30pm we were tired and hungry.. Alain and Nadine were both up waiting for us.. we were served a delicious aubergine and chicken salad...on the terrace which we washed down with some mint tea.

The riad is gorgeous!!! Il up load some pictures shortly but I dont think they do the place justice.

We were looking forward to the breakfast based on the reviews and it did not dissapoint. Nadine prepares a feast.. we had scrabbled eggs...fresh milk... sausage..crepes..fresh pastries..freshly squeezed orange juice.....fresh fruit..and the famous home made yogurts (yummy!!!). Please note that this was breakfast everyday, we hardly had lunch.

Nadine and Alain are great hosts... on the first day Nadine personally walked us through the Medina and showed us where to change currency..by argan oil..the best spa to go to as well as coordinated our quad biking experience.

Throughout our stay we were given complimentary nuts.. the wine was delicious and well priced.

I could write an essay about Nadine and Alain but to sum it up..

We got the bigger rooms they were gorgeous each with individual themes with an en suite bathroom and doors rather than shower curtains.

I would encourage you to stay at Riad Alnadine...... this gorgeous Riad was one of the best thing about our weekend.

Thank you both see you later this year!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for choosing our home to celebrate the future wedding. We are delighted to have contributed to make your weekend enjoyable. Again thank you for your review so complete and so positive about our services and comfort of your rooms. We wish you a great day for this approaching wedding. Nadine and Alain
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

A beautifully restored riad. Lovely quiet characterful room (Chems). Delicious and varied breakfasts on the rooftop terrace, which was a brilliant place to relax with a cold beer from the fridge (honesty box) after a hectic day bartering in the souks. But what makes this riad so special are Alain and Nadine, such lovely and fun people, who made us feel so welcome in their home. It felt like staying with friends that we had known for ever! We particularly appreciated being taken and shown the way through the souks on our first evening by Nadine, her recommendations of places to visit and restaurants that serve beer! I'm also grateful for my newly acquired French vocab ... offside/goalie/belly dancer ... all will come in handy. Merci Alain et Nadine! A la prochaine fois!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your nice review of your stay at Riad Alnadine. We are glad you enjoy our services and comfort of your room. At a next time for another lesson in french !! Nadine and Alain
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

The hotel is an oasis in the middle of the medina. Beautifully decorated, spotless clean, and with all the amenities one needs. Just perfect!! Alan and Nadine are perfect hosts and very special people; I mean special like, human beings like them don't exist anymore!! Let me just start by saying that after a very long flight my suitcase did not arrive in Marrakech. I had nothing to wear, I just wanted to cry. The moment we entered the riad, and met the lovely hosts, it was a relief. Alan told me that he would personally drive me to airport next morning to get my luggage, and he did!! Nadine walked with us everywhere, we never got lost. They basically assisted us with everything we needed, and always with a friendly smile and a very relaxed attitude. The breakfast is great an Nadine's homemade yogurt is the BEST I have ever had!!! Healthy and delicious!! My husband and I travelled in Morocco for 2 weeks, and stayed in a few fancy hotels; Riad Al Nadine is by far the best in all categories! Thank you so much for everything, Alan and Nadine! You'll be forever in our hearts. Paula and Michael

Room Tip: They're all amazing!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
thank you both for your very warm presence in our home. After many adventures you could relax in our home and enjoy the comforts of your room. We will keep beautiful memories of your presence and of our discussions (English French ....). We wish you a safe journey home and also think of Michael. Nadine and Alain
Marlow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Just a stones throw from the middle of the centre of the old town but the tranquility of walking into their court yard is welcome after a tour around town. Breakfast on the roof was always a pleasure and often relaxed up there with a beer at the end of the day. Alain and Nadine are perfect hosts and will do anything to make your stay memorable, nothing is too much bother. Rooms are very nice and comfortable. Try eating in the main square kiosks in the evening, nice seafood and good atmosphere, all very clean. Had a really enjoyable long weekend and would return to Morocco again.

Room Tip: Ask Nadine to organise a trip up to the hills with Ali, take the lunch with Berber option in a lovel...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking your time to write us a good review. We are delighted to have contributed to make your weekend in Marrakech nice. Again thank you for appreciating our services and of course breakfast. See you soon. Nadine and Alain
Rome
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I travelled with my daughter to Marrakech for four nights in June. We had booked the Riad Alnadine because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. I contacted the Riad to organise transport between the airport and the riad and received a speedy reply. We came through arrivals one hour after our e.t.a. but the driver was waiting with our sign. He drove us in a very nice car to the Medina and I knew from my research that we would have to walk from there (as the riad is right within the walls of the medina, where cars are not allowed, but motorbikes seem to be!) On getting out of the car, Nadine herself was there to greet us! She walked us the short distance to the riad.
Our room was very nice and "Moroccan", the shower cubicle was brilliant! Nadine then talked to us about what we wanted to do while we were in Marrakech and within a few minutes she had raang everyone involved and arranged everything for us!
This included a private day trip to the coast, including a visit to a womens Argan oil co-operative; A full day cookery course; a hamam; a take away meal at 11pm and an afternoon by a private hotel pool!
Once everything was booked, she took us into the medina, pointing out local landmarks to ensure we could find our way. WE NEVER GOT LOST ONCE!!
Breakfast was delicious, consisting of breads, jams, etc and the best home made yoghurt I have ever tasted - delicious! All enjoyed on the roof top terrace.
We ate dinner at the riad on our last night and Al and Nadine made us a 3 course meal.
Some evenings when we came back from our travels, we would have a beer on the terrace - beer in the bottom fridge, glasses in the top fridge (ice cold) and then you sign the honesty book!!
I would recommend the riad Alnadine 100% to anyone. Thanks to all of the trip advisors for recommending it! Thank you so much Al and Nadine. You made what could have been a culturally shocking experience, relaxed andreally enjoyable. Thank you for all of your time, which you gave so generously.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your very thorough review of your stay at Riad Alnadine. We are delighted to have contributed to make your stay enjoyable. You enjoyed our services, the comfort of your room and also your getaway in Essaouira. we will keep wonderful memories of your presence in our home.Nadine and Alain

Been to Riad Alnadine? Share your experiences!