“Beautiful property - wonderful people” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
15% off room rate
Ranked #2 of 1,035 Marrakech B&B and Inns
New York, US
“Beautiful property - wonderful people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

There are so many wonderful things that I can say about this Riad and its owners I'm not sure where to start.

First this riad is simply lovely! It's about 10 minutes from Jma Al Fnaa (the large shopping square in Marrakech) and is beautiful. The decor, the layout the feel is one that is very Moroccan and peaceful.

Nadine and Alain arranged a safe pickup from the airport for me as I arrived past midnight. When the transfer arrived to the street closest to the Riad, (The street of the old city are often small) he called Alain to come and pick me up and take me there.

Within a few minutes we were there, and oh what a sight when Nadine opened the door. It was like walking into a palace! My room was huge with a beautiful large dark wood door, and the doorways inside of the room were styled in a Moroccan manner. Stunning!

The breakfasts that are included in the price are fit for a queen, between that and a small lunch I was usually just fine for the day.

Nadine waited for me to come an excursion (that wound up arriving much later than planned) so that I wouldn't get lost getting back to the Riad at night as I was still unsure of me way. Alain walked me to the street to show me how to get to Marjorelle gardens and he even drove me to the bus station so that I could take a trip to Essaouira.

Talk about going above and beyone! Nadine and Alain really went out of their way to make sure I felt safe in getting around and comfortable, it felt like staying with friends and I look forward to getting back there, seeing them again and staying at lovely Riad Alnadine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Xena souvenirs your stay in our home. A big thank you for this wonderful review. We are delighted to have contributed to make your stay enjoyable and memorable. We will always remember good humor. Thank you for being English around a small glass of pink wine.....We looking forward to seeing you next time with your husband. Nadine and Alain

252 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed in this riad as a single female traveler and I felt entirely safe and welcome in Nadine's care. Nadine was so genuine with her welcome and really went out of her way to ensure that I was happy and had everything I could possibly want. I was really grateful to Nadine for showing me how to get to the main square, even accompanying me all the way there. The food for breakfast was absolutely delicious and exceeded expectations. A wonderful and peaceful oasis that was such a treat to return to after a day out in hectic, hot Marrakech!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Jane thank you for taking your time to write this nice review. It is a pleasure to meet you even if you're only stayed one night. I am delighted to have you to discover a bit of medina and some nice places to eat and do some last minute shopping. Good contination. Nadine
Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Nadine and Alan have created the most elegant and tasteful house in this old riad. The colours are mainly muted neutrals but the materials and designs are traditional, which combines to give the house a feeling of great calm and elegance. Every detail is just so beautifully done, and this also applies to Nadine's welcome and hospitality. As we were only there one night and wanted to make the most of such gorgeous surroundings we asked Nadine to give us supper, which was truly delicious, as was the breakfast. The children loved watching and feeding the tortoises on the roof terrace, and I only wish we had been there longer to make full use of the lovely loungers up there. A really special place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Laura thank you for this nice review. It was a pleasure to have with your children and Jacob Flo for this day in our house. Turtles are excited about their new home. You stayed one night and it was very rewarding to have your expert opinion decoration. Good luck in your artistic work. Nadine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

With an amazing french couple as the hosts, this riad felt like being home.
As we arrived, we were enthusiastic about the calming and comfortable environment this place offered in the middle of the Medina. We stayed there for 6 nights in total, while going to tours around Marrakech, it always felt so good to come back. The clean rooms and wonderful breakfast along with the caring and warm service from the owners, made our vacation just perfect!
For sure the best riad in Marrakech, and great value for money!

Room Tip: We stayed at two different rooms. One was the family room, and one was the double room. Although the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for visiting Riad Alnadine and for your very kind comments about your stay at the riad.
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the riad . It was a pleasure to received you . We hope you keep a good memories of your trip in Marroco.
A board for Avigail, avoid eating hamburgers when you're in Morocco.....
The best for you two.
Nadine and Alain
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

What a lovely Riad! We especially appreciated Nadine's care and thoughtful attention to every single detail - everything was done in good taste - food, decor, and hospitality! She helped us with our (detailed) questions and offered us tea at the right moments we needed it! Relaxing in the terrace, and the calm rooms really helped balance out the crowded Marrakech experience - it was such a pleasure to retreat 'home' after the unavoidable busy life outside. My foodie daughter says that she had the best breakfasts in Morocco ever, and my son loved watching the tortoises in the terrace.

We would not hesitate to recommend this Riad to all our friends and family. In fact, if it will hopefully become our 'usual' if we ever have the chance return to Marrakech. Many thanks Nadine, and hope to meet Alain next time!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Giovanna thank you for writing this beautiful view as quickly. It's very nice knowing all these compliments your activities in England. Next time I will take you to discover the cement tile factory. Turtles become accustomed to their new life and look forward to a little corner of earth. Foodie be delighted to enjoy every morning. See you soon for another stay of relaxation.Nadine and Alain
Majorca, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My Partner and I recently had the pleasure of staying at Riad Alnadine. What can I say but Wow! Our stay was absolutely wonderful in every single way from start to finish. Alan and Nadine went above and beyond to make sure we had the most enjoyable time possible while staying at their gorgeous Riad. Our daily breakfast was delightful and very much enjoyed each morning on their sunny roof top terrace. If you are looking at visiting Marrakech I could not speak more highly of Riad Alnadine and am certain that you will enjoy your stay as much as we did. Thank you so much Alain and Nadine we can't wait to see you again soon. Sommer. x

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Sommer and Ash Woah It is a pleasure to meet you and thank you again for this beautiful view. Your dynamism and your smile we were delighted . We are excited to have contributed to make your stay enjoyable. Bonne continuation to Palma de Mallorca between your yaucht and beauty cream!
Nadine et Alain
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed in Marrakech for 3 days at a different (also very nice) Riad, and we then travelled out of Marrakech to a 5 star spa which ended up being a complete nightmare - in search for help, we called our lovely Riad which was fully booked, however they recommended this one - and within 5 minutes they booked us in.
What a relief it was to step inside - it was so peaceful, clean and so beautiful. The hosts were understanding of our situation and extremely helpful.

The Riad is very new, and everything seems so perfect - it has a 'spa and zen' feeling to it. It is decorated with taste, and you can tell how much love and hard work the owners have put into it. It has an amazing, large terrace, where breakfast and tea is served. We spent half a day just relaxing on the sun beds - it was so quiet and peaceful, a nice break from the busy outside world.

The room was so beautiful, with a wonderful en-suite bathroom - it was just perfect, with a lovely Moroccan feel to it. We loved all the little details.

Our only regret is that we did not stay there for longer.
Thank you very much for having us (especially on such short notice) - we will be recommending it!

Best wishes, Ania and David

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nadine G, Propriétaire at Riad Alnadine, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Ania and Davis thank you for this beautiful view. We are delighted to have made ​​this stay enjoyable and as you say our wish is that our guests feel at home. We hope to see you during your next holiday or weekend.Nadine and Alain

Been to Riad Alnadine? Share your experiences!