“Lacking on all fronts” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Thaisu

Thaisu
Angle Avenue Mohammed VI & Hassan II | Opera Plaza Hotel, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
+212524351515
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #502 of 588 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Special occasions, Doing business, Scenic view, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Delivery
“Lacking on all fronts”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I don't think I have ever had a bad meal anywhere, however, Thai Su unfortunately claimed the title.
I would not recommend attending if you are expecting a Thai/Japanese experience. I have tried real Thai food made by Thai people and this was unlike anything from previous experience. Further to that, I do not think that it is even the Morrocan interpretation of Thai that let it down, but really the lack of any real flavours in the food and the ability to cook it well.
There was mention on the menu of being able to choose from rice OR vegetables, we were not given this option and both given rice (I would have actually preferred to have had vegetables). Also, the waiter seemed to be a lot more interested in a particular family further up the restaurant (I suspect he knew them personally) than he was in the other three tables in the restaurant that night.
After tring several places during our stay, i would recommend sticking to what the Morrocans do best - Morrocan food!

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
“ThaiSu where's the tofu???”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I wouldn’t normally write a negative review, if I don’t like somewhere I just don’t return but my ThaiSu experience was so bad I felt compelled to voice my views! As a vegetarian on holiday in Marrakesh I thought Thai would be a good alternative to the standard Moroccan veggie options of vegetable tagine or couscous. ThaiSu looks impressive but that’s about all I can say on the positive front as it is all style and no substance. On entering I asked about veggie options and was told they had an extensive range, It emerged this actually consisted of one dish, a yellow bean tofu curry, Fortunately I’m a tofu fan (not a phrase you hear often!) so opted for this and as the veggie starters were limited I requested a salad and asked them to add some tofu which I was assured was no problem. The salad arrived minus tofu, when I queried this the waiter advised the tofu was ‘hidden under the lettuce’ (and yes as I write this I realise how farcical it all sounds). After an extensive game of find the tofu the waiter admitted there was no tofu in the salad but that there would be ‘lots and lots’ in the curry. The curry came and was also notable only for the absence of any tofu. At first the waiter told me that the tofu ‘is cut up so small it is hard to see’ which was met with a suitably derisory response. He disappeared to the kitchen and on return admitted there was no tofu as they didn’t actually have any. He was completely unapologetic and unappreciative of the fact this was akin to serving a beef curry minus the beef. In fact the only point at which any of the staff showed any concern or interest was when I demanded the curry be removed from the bill (something which they should have done without my asking) at which point they sent me some sushi (fish, that well known veggie fodder) to make up for it. My advice is give this place a miss, there are actually lots of other decent places to eat with better veggie options and less drama.

• Visited March 2013