“My first day in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 410 activities in Marrakech
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Travel to Marrakech is a great experience; Click Excursions offers you large things to do during your stay in this magical city.Click Excursions Company has a team of certified and experienced and professionel drivers who will ensure your comfort, safety and enjoyment as you travel to your chosen Moroccan destinations. They are passionate about sharing their culture, heritage and history. The traveller can be assured of a visual discovery and narrative education of what makes Morocco legendary. Morocco is much more beatifull with Click Excursions
London, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“My first day in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was met by a very nice guy called Ahmed at my hotel and he explained the order of the day and due to this being a private tour I was able to listen intently and ask whatever questions I needed. Mahmet is originally from the Atlas therefore he knew his stuff and walked (literally) in their shoes growing up.
We stopped in various places for photo opportunities and our first stop was at the Association for Berber women who produce various items from Argan and the do all this by hand. Most of the women are estranged from their Husbands and this is the only income.
Next stop was along the river for the traditional Mint Tea to relax and take in the peaceful time. Again question where answered and lots of information shared.
Then we arrive into the village of Setti Fatma where I was met by another guide, he gave me info on the village where he and his family have always lived happily. We took the 30 minute trip up the atlas mountain and arrived and disappointedly low waterfall .. (It was out of season) but the walk up was fun and great as you can shop too!! On the walk down we was treated to a show of the Macau Monkeys who came down from high mountains to steal the nuts from the trees. It just so happens it was the bearing of walnut season and this display was quite rare!! Talking of walnuts, we found many ate many and brought home many!!

After the walk back down, which is a lot harder than going up, we stopped back for a traditional lunch set menu where I had my first Berber Tagine! Yummy!!

Then the journey back to Marrakech was quiet and I was able to take in all that I saw and learnt and left feeling satisfied that I had really journeyed into the Atlas Mountains.

Will defo recommend this tour and this company and recommend you do it!!

Visited September 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Trip to the Atlas Mountains”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our trip into the stunningly beautiful Atlas mountains was superb from beginning to end. Our driver/guide (Ahmed) was friendly and informative, spoke perfect English and helped us enjoy the day enormously. The vehicle we were taken in was modern, clean and comfortable. The stop-off at the argan oil co-operative was very nice, as was that to enjoy tea at a riverside cafe. The walk into the mountains to see the waterfall was great, as was our very nice and helpful guide, Mohammed. It is quite a challenging walk, if (like me) you're middle-aged and some distance from peak physical condition. Having both hands free for the steepest bits was useful, and it would not be suitable for small children. The waterfall itself and the views from it are lovely. The guide was patient and expert in getting us up and down. It is possible to carry on further and see up to 7 waterfalls, but we were happy to return to enjoy a pleasant and very reasonably-priced late lunch at a nearby restaurant, before going back to Marrakech.

Visited September 2013
Twickenham, United Kingdom
“Truly Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I booked with Click Excursions for my holiday in June 2013. We booked the camel ride and the day trip to the Ourika Valley. Both excursions were thoroughly enjoyed and we cannot fault anything.

The driver (I'm sorry I cannot remember his name) turned up 10 minutes before the allocated time for our camel ride booking, and dropped us off at the designated location. He waited whilst we went off for an hour and a half enjoying our camel ride. The man leading the camel ride was very friendly and took pictures and made videos for us. Upon our return to the base, the driver drove us to a restuarant where we could freshen up and have some mint tea - all part of the booking. He then dropped us off outside our Riad.

We also had the day trip to the Ourika Valley booked a couple of days after our Camel ride. On this day we were greeted by Ahmed at the Riad's reception desk. During our drive to the mountains he told us about the history of Marrakech, and the Ourika Valley. Ahmed took us to a Berber village where we spent time with the village ladies making Argan Oil. It was truly an amazing experience. The ladies even let my sister join in the oil making process! In between leaving the Berber village and reaching the Valley, we stopped for some mint tea, again, a part of the booking. After our break, Ahmed drove us to another Berber village where he appointed a tourguide, Hassan. Hassan was very friendly and polite - he even carried our water bottles for us! He guided us up to the Valley which was a wonderful experience, and kept us entertained throughout the walk up (in 40C this was quite a challenge!). Upon our return from the Valley, Ahmed took us to a Berber restaurant which served the most amazing Tagine ever! At no point throughout the day did we feel rushed. After lunch, we were driven back to our Riad. All in all, the day trip was from 9am to 4pm. It was perfect!

We were three women with no male companion and we felt safe during the entire experience and would definitely do it again!

On a separate note, the face masks we bought from the ladies in the Berber village have worked wonders! I would definitley recommend them. :-)

Visited June 2013
Rome, Italy
“Excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We used Click Excursion services both for our transfer from Casablanca to Marrakech and for an amazing 2 days desert tour from Marrakech to Zagora.
I can highly recommend our driver, Abdullah. He is honest, polite, professional and friendly and he drives a clean and confortable 4x4.

Visited August 2013
Nelson
“Atlas Mountains Day Trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We used this company for our airport transfers and had a very nice guy called Abdellah take us to our hotel. He told us about the trips available from Click Excursions and we decided to take him up on it.

We had our own car, very comfortable with essential air con and the whole day was excellent including our tour guide up the mountains (not a strenuous trip but worth wearing shoes not sandals) who was very knowledgeable. The whole trip was organised well with a call the day before from Ahmed who confirmed the times as well as the itinerary. I'm normally very wary of excursions and worrying about the extra you aren't told about but this was exactly as expected - couldn't recommend them enough !!

Btw - If you want to know anything about football just ask Abdellah !!!!

Visited August 2013