“Wonderfully relaxing setting with excellent food and spa” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa

You added Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa to your Saves list
Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mejjat 3/38 Cercle Ennakhil, Commune J'Nanate - BP 7272 | Sidi Abbad, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #44 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderfully relaxing setting with excellent food and spa”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We just came back from a one week family vacation with our two daughters aged 9 and 12 and had a great stay at the Mosaic Palais Aziza. We made our decision on the hotel based on the positive reviews, many of which noted the wonderful service and little touches. All the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, in particular the GM and the head waiter and staff at the spa. We love our food and the Maltese chef (Jonathan) made some of the best meals we have ever had on holidays. He even gave my daughters and I a cooking lesson for his wonderful scallops. The hotel experience exceeded our already high expectations.

• Stayed April 2014
Mosaic P, Director of Sales at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

We are so delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa & shall make sure to share your wonderful comments with our team.

We do hope you will choose to come back for a second stay in the near future!

Paola Vasta
Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is a lovely hotel so don't let my title put you off. The setting is great in the Palmerie and the gardens, pool and hotel in general are beautifully maintained. The service was good. We traveled as a couple in our late 30s and stayed for 5 nights over Easter. We had a really great stay and visit to Marrakech and this hotel added to it.

Airport transfer:
Comfortable, clean vehicle with a polite and helpful driver who drove safely.

Reception
Polite and welcoming and they made the arrival details simple and hassle-free whilst we had a drink of really tasty orange juice (with a hint of cinnamon?). We arrived late and were led to the restaurant before we went to our room. The reception is really lovely. In fact the whole place is decorated tastefully, the gardens are beautiful and well maintained (down to the friendly tortoise that wanders around) and the pool is clean (we didn't actually go in it though).

Supper
Food as good as any we had in the city in any of the great restaurants that the city offers. The menu is a little limited if you were going to stay more than a few days though. However, I went for a run and was starving after it around 1600 and the produced a cheese-burger for me in spite of the lunch being finished and supper not started. This was not on the menu as far as I could see - very good service in this respect.

Breakfast
Excellent and perfectly cooked poached eggs or omlette. Adequate buffet. Toaster needs replacing though as it is the slowest I have ever encountered. Service good.

Rooms
We had a low-end room as we figured (correctly) we would not be in it much. It had a garden (?) which was dark and gloomy. Otherwise it was comfortable with the various gadgets etc that should and did come as standard in rooms of this level (safe, iPod player, A/C etc). Bed and pillows were comfortable.

Spa and gym and local running
We eyeballed the spa which seems ok but didn't use it. I booked the place based on the fact it had a gym as I thought it might be too hot to go running (my preferred exercise) but as it was perfect for running I didn't use it or look at it. If you go in the cooler months (April for us) then the Palmerie is great as the roads are a blaze of colour. I found it easy to find my way around the area and the various palaces have wonder verge-gardens so you are running next to apple trees or flowering bougainvillaeas when you are not in the areas full of palms.

Location
A bit of a plus and a negative. You are around 20 minutes drive from the sights and action. There is a transfer to the Ville nouveaux at 10am and returning at 1700 but if you want the old town we found it easier to just get a cab from the hotel. This could be improved by the hotel to include several drop-offs I think and maybe more flexible timings. Taxis cost about 100MAD (about £8) each way. I imagine you could get it for less as the cabbies caved in pretty quick having started at 150MAD. Several got lost and we had to tell them the way - make sure you pay attention to your route as it paid off for us! These costs adds a bit to the trip if you do two return trips in a day. The Palmerie is a lovely area and the hotel spacious and quiet so it does depend what you want. We anticipated this as we wanted the rest.

Summary
This is a good hotel. It is not great as there are a few small things that they made errors with (small error with the bill - overcharging us - that they identified and sorted out, taxi booked that arrived 40 minutes late, another that arrived an hour early and a couple of other minor things). We would consider it again though if we were return. Again I would opt for the cheaper rooms though given we used it only really for sleeping and washing.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Having worked for an airline for over 20 years I have stayed in many luxury resorts around the world and this would have to be one of the best. We have 2 teenage children a boy and a girl so deciding where to go on holiday has become quite tricky, but this worked for all of us. It was quiet enough for us so we could relax, but enough to do for the kids so they didn't get bored. My son used the gym every morning and my daughter and I had wonderful treatments in the Spa. It was the best massage I have ever had and my daughter's skin looked radiant after her facial.
There is free and good wifi access in the rooms and even around the pool and in the restaurants.
The grounds are beautiful and well maintained including the pool area, the rooms are spacious, clean and amazingly decorated with good attention to detail, down to a basket you can use to put your things in to go to the pool.
The food was great and the service from all of the staff excellent, from the drinks on arrival, the welcome and help from reception (especially Ismail and Aziz), the wonderful room service ( the rose petals on the beds each day was such a lovely touch), Karim's warm welcome at the restaurant in the evening and the willingness to accommodate whatever the children wanted to eat.
It is only 15 mins in a taxi to the Medina but beware if you are a family of 4 like us you will require a larger taxi which will cost £15 each way, so an extra £30 per day that you need to factor into your budget.
We did a great Moroccan cookery course through La Maison Arabe which I would strongly recommend. We spent the morning cooking Moroccan salads and a tagine, then eat our efforts outside in a lovely garden. The team at reception were happy to organise this for us and suggest other places we would also like to visit. The only thing I would recommend to the hotel as an improvement would be heating the pool more, it really is freezing.
I would certainly visit again and have been recommending the hotel to all of my friends.

Room Tip: If you like to shower make sure you book a room with a rain shower as ours only had a handheld showe...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

We travelled to Marrakech for the first time for my 50th birthday and had a fantastic experience.We were picked up at the airport and when we arrived at the hotel were taken to our room where candles and rose petals adorned the bedroom and bathroom ,as well as a lovely surprise of a birthday cake which made us feel like special guests.
The room was very comfortable with regular servicing by maids twice a day.Breakfast was a very relaxing experience sitting outside on the terrace,where a wide selection of local meats ,cheeses and soup, alongside pastries breads and jams,fruit and cereals and a cooked menu of eggs or pancakes cooked to order.
The poolside was immaculately kept by the member of staff who worked extremely hard during the day, where attention was paid to people getting in and out of the pool and fresh towels were brought without being asked,alongside wonderful cocktails served at the bar. It was quiet and we were able to really relax and enjoy the peace and quiet from our loungers.
Lunch and snacks were served daily at the terrace where it would have been good to have this selection in the evening too as the restaurant menu was a bit limited,albeit lovely; however it was probably too cold at the time of year to eat al fresco.
All the staff were courteous and friendly and could not do enough for us.
However I did have a negative experience in the spa where my booking for a relaxing body massage was not communicated clearly by the lady at reception and the language barrier with the therapist meant this was only evident when the foot massage she provided was over and I was left wondering when the rest of my massage would happen.It was eventually reorganised after some debate at the desk where I then had a massage as requested ,but given it had caused an issue where there was some heated debate between the two;the massage was not as relaxing an experience as i had hoped for when the same therapist appeared to give me my massage and I was then charged for both which I felt was unfair.
The highlight however was the cocktails before dinner where Karim served us a selection from his repertoire and he was engaging and easy to chat too where we gained knowledge of local customs and origins of the food and drink we ate.However our recommendation would be mojitos during the hot day by the pool and the coffee martini at night!
The hotel is a bit out of the way from the hub of Marrakech but this quiet oasis suited us and allowed us to rejuvenate over the 4 days.We also booked a guide to take us round the souks which worked really well and I would definitely recommend this to anyone visiting for the first time.
We would definitely come back and think it would be a great place to bring our friends.Next time it would be good to stay in one of the Pavillion suites,but our Superior room was everything we needed this time round.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We had a wonderful week at the Mosaic Palais Aziza. Great room, service and food....and beautiful weather. I intended to work some of the time but failed to do so as it was all so relaxing and delightful.

Warmly recommend it to anyone wanting peace and quiet in a luxury environment but only a short journey into central Marrakech.

The service should be singled out for particular praise. Discrete but warm and professional.

Piers & Julia Hedley, London

Room Tip: our deluxe room with a terrace onto the pool was delightfully shady during the hot hours of the day
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

The first fundamental of a great holiday is to find a wonderful base. The Mosaic Palace Azziza is just that. Set in the Palmeria area of Marrakech it benefits from a tranquil setting away from the mad hustle and bustle that is found inside the walls of this ancient city.

The first thing that strikes as you fly into the airport is how green the immediate area is, and the Palmeria area is the greenest of all, with palm trees stretching as far as you can see and nestled within these are palaces, villas and hotels all contained within their own walled settings.

The greeting at the hotel is friendly and genuine and you are offered a welcoming and cooling drink. You are treated like a returning friend, which is emphasised during your stay as they get to know you, what you like and how you want to be treated. The hotel reception area and all of the hallways were fragranced with the smells of lemon and jasmine.

We were upgraded to a lovely spacious room with excellent bath and shower facilities and a large balcony with chairs and a sofa to enjoy the early morning, or late evening sun. Every day as the room was serviced we would return to a bed covered with fragrant rose petals.

There is a large sun lounging area which is immaculately serviced by the hard working staff who are always at hand to move loungers or parasols or indeed provide you with much needed water to help you manage the heat of the day. There are two pools, one heated, and the larger one not. Both are essential to help you cool off as the main heat of the day arrives in the middle of the afternoon. Surrounding the pool is a bar and a smaller restaurant that serves lunch. Attaching to the main hotel, but which completes the courtyard feeling, is the main restaurant where breakfast and dinner is served.

We spent 5 days here and we would have been more than happy not to move outside the ground of the hotel. The food was as good as a top end restaurant anywhere in the UK and there was an excellent, but limited, range of wines available to have with your meal. I wouldn't go beyond the Marroccan whites as they were fresh, crisp and dry and were very similar to French white burgundy. Prices were similar to those in Europe and Britain, but you have to take into account that this is a five star experience and for that you are paying significantly less than 5 star prices. Like most things in life, if you do your research you will not be shocked and in this establishment you will be very pleasantly surprised.

It is the little things that always make an experience outstanding and the hardest working of them all, the man who looked after you from the pool bar invariably came round with refreshing fruit and a mint based cooling during during the course of the day.

My partner had organised a yoga lesson and a session in the impressive spa. She enjoyed both and was extolling the virtues of the relaxing and rejuvenating time she experienced as a result.

To go into the Medina the hotel would organise a taxi, at a set price of £10 which would drop you off and arrange to meet you again to take you back all done quietly and without fuss.

We firmly believe that if you take folks as you find them, be pleasant and smile you will reap the rewards. From the reception staff, the restaurant staff, the pool staff and the senior management we met nothing but a welcoming and helpful attitude. Our short holiday was enhanced by the staff in this oasis of a hotel. The owner spoke to us at length about the hotel and his plans for the future. The main man, the maître’d, who seemed to be everywhere went out of his way to make sure we were well looked after and he marshalled his team well. In life you only get back what you put in. If things go wrong or are not perfect give people the chance to sort them out. If anything went wrong here we did not see it.

This hotel is perfect as a base and as a destination on its own. Highly recommended and we give it 10/10+!

SANTOS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The atmosphere is perfect. All styled like a Moroccan Palace Rooms are neat, most of them enormous with balconies and verandas facing a paradise pool area. Delicate and personal services gives a surplus to the premisses. The staff, including the manager have an unbelievable sense of professionalism with good will.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa? Share your experiences!