“Like a king” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa

You added Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa to your Saves list
Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Mejjat 3/38 Cercle Ennakhil, Commune J'Nanate - BP 7272 | Sidi Abbad, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #63 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
SANTOS
“Like a king”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The atmosphere is perfect. All styled like a Moroccan Palace Rooms are neat, most of them enormous with balconies and verandas facing a paradise pool area. Delicate and personal services gives a surplus to the premisses. The staff, including the manager have an unbelievable sense of professionalism with good will.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

We had a very special week at the Mosaic Palais Aziza. Special mention goes to the fabulous gardens, bird life and scent of jasmine that permeates this beautiful tranquil property. The pool area is glorious and so relaxing; the chap who looks after the area is exceptional and pours a lovely chilled rose wine. The hammam is a must and the face massages by the pool are a lovely touch. Karim is an exceptional restaurant manager who makes a mean martini. The chicken tagine is excellent. There are things that need adjusting / improving but I have every faith they will iron these things out in due course - this place is clearly run by people who care and invest time and effort into making this lovely hotel the perfect getaway. We were here for our tenth anniversay celebration - its perfect for couples wanting / needing a treat away from it all.

Room Tip: If you can, go for a Pavilion amongst the glorious gardens.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel from Wednesday 2nd April to Sunday 6th April 2014.
Hotel was just fab... it is outside the main city of Marrakesh, which really suited our needs. so we felt we had definitely the best of both worlds, the wonders of Marrakesh and the quiet surroundings of the Mosaic Aziza Palace.

The Hotel is on its own grounds, in a suburb of Marrakesh called Palmeria. A small hotel, with just 28 rooms and each one I would expect is different. We were two ladies travelling alone, so we shared a twin room. Room and bathroom were small, but had it own terrace which gave a feeling of space and lovely to walk out in the morning and evening. We noticed other quests getting their meals served on their own terrace, which was very nice.

From the moment we arrived we were made feel so welcome, Mohammed Aziz on reception was more than helpful, with both advise and getting us settled in and he appears to have a great team working with him and available for any of our requests. The bar and restaurant is managed by a gentleman called Karim and he really stood out in our minds and again nothing was too much trouble. Laila was the girl that served us breakfast and she remembered each morning exactly what we asked for, how we liked our eggs cooked, coffee served etc.

Of all the places we have stayed in over the years, all I can say is the service was exceptional, so many little touches that made you feel like you were the only guests in the world. The fruit drinks served to you as the sun was setting, towels by the pool folded when you left for a while. Rooms constantly checked when you were not there, either to replishing the water bottles or check for clean towels.

Food was delicious, menu not too extensive and you could order what you pleased outside of these. Continental breakfast, fresh juice, lovely breads - either served indoors in dining room or outside on the terrace and of course in your room if you wanted......

This is certainly a hotel for a quiet break, if you are looking for a party hotel, this is not for you. I don't think necessarily a place for children either..... a great base to see Marrakesh and to travel to other parts of Morocco. Lie by the pool, read, rest, recuperate......

I think the aim of this hotel, is about service and for us probably the best service we have come across in a long time. The staff are so well training and you can see they are learning from their manager all the time. The manager (who name I don't know) oversaw everything, and it was just attention to detail all of the time.... there is nothing pompous about this place, as it is off the beaten track, there is no one dropping in to the bar or restaurant so you feel you can build up a relationship with the staff.

The hotel has an amazing SpA and offers a wide range of treatments in the most authentic surroundings.

Would we go back, absolutely..... would i change anything - yes the shower head, not very practical/effective, but to me the only fault /

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We had a wonderful time staying at the hotel. It’s beautiful. The staff are very good, in particular Laila, who was our server in the restaurant. The general manager (not sure if he was GM of the restaurants or the whole hotel) wasn’t very nice to her though. I saw him shout at her one day and another guest said she saw him pull her hair.

The hotel is quite far from the medina, around 10-15 mins in a taxi. There is a free daily shuttle service from the hotel. Unfortunately, if you’re not quick enough to book it, you have to get a taxi at around £10 each way. It would be a good idea for the hotel to do a double shuttle run if the first shuttle is full, but they don’t.

The food in the hotel was fine. Breakfast could be more imaginative though. Dinner was good. Wine was expensive. The lighting in the restaurant is too bright, though.

The rooms are great. They all have their own private garden/courtyard too. We had a pavilion. They are huge. The bathrooms have a whirlpool and steam room.

I give the hotel 4 stars on here, however there were a couple of things that could have been better. Firstly, the heated pool. They don’t heat it. It’s as freezing as the cold water pool. We were there for 5 days and it was cold the whole time. I asked reception why and the response was “nobody is in it, so we don’t switch the heater on”. That’s why no-one is in it! I asked if it could be switched on, and was told yes. But it wasn’t. I noticed another reviewer on here made the same comments.

Secondly, the housekeeping was a bit sporadic. Some days they would replenish the tea and coffee in the room, some days they wouldn’t. Some days they would clean the glasses and cups, some days they wouldn’t. This is a basic.

Finally, although I loved the hotel and I’d stay again, it lacks atmosphere. As a start, I’d recommend some low-volume background music in and around the pool.

I’ll stay here when I’m next in Marrakech and hopefully give it 5 stars the next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Mosaic P, Director of Sales at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us your comments, we would also like to highlight that we consider every guest comment as gift and opportunity to challenge our service processes and to ultimately improve our services.

As far as your comment related to the incident in the restaurant:

We are proud with the fact that about 76% of our Mosaic team members have been with us since Mid 2012, this applies to both Laila the server whom you have been praising in your email as well as our Food and Beverage manager whom you have seen seemingly tough with her.

We have also investigated the fact that another guest had apparently seen our manager in question pulling the hair of the associate!!

We can firmly say this did not happen, and can never and will never be allowed to happen at our hotel, certainly such a claim is due to the imagination or perhaps misunderstanding.

In all cases, in our next sessions of training due soon we will talk more often about body language and all other issues.

As far as the complimentary shuttle service offered, it is actually mentioned and advertised at reception, and that it is based on first come first served during the scheduled timings, however and as much as we would like to increase the frequency from 2 to 3 or 4, we actually also have to take into consideration resources and profit margins.

With regards to the wines, it is indeed a fact that in some MENA countries including Kingdom of Morocco wine is expensive when comparing to Europe, this is a fact due to extra taxes charged by those MENA countries on alcohol, and that is why equivalent wines are often priced lower back in Europe, nevertheless according to our frequent surveys our prices are among the lowest in our category of hotels In the city of Marrakech. In fact knowing these facts we sacrifice our margins in order to actually be ore competitive.

With regards to the lighting in the restaurant we shall ensure that it more in the evening and accordingly not too bright.

As for our Pools, we do have two outdoor pools of which only one is heated and peaks at 27 Degrees C and this is featured in our collateral and website too, however as you rightly mentioned the week of your stay was indeed very cold and therefore the heated pool struggled to peak at 27 Degrees and usually this happens in the early afternoon after a cold night, to avoid any confusion with our team members we will ensure better communication and also more frequent temperature readings.

As far as the glasses and housekeeping being sporadic, we will further energize our processes and thank you for your comments once again.

Last but not least, the background Music, is indeed a debate issue and most of our clients have urged us to cancel such a concept, which we had originally implemented since the opening for about 1 year.

Once again we thank you for having taken the time and hope to be able to host you in the not too distant future.

Sincerely

Paola Vasta
Director of Sales and Marketing
London, SW18
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

My boyfriend and I have just returned from 7 nights in Marrakech, 5 of them at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa. The hotel is set in very well maintained beautiful peaceful gardens where tortoises happily roamed free. On our arrival we were upgraded to one of the Villas which was a wonderful surprise. The villa was huge and very stylish and the room was cleaned to perfection every day. We had our own garden too which we spent most mornings in before moving to the main pool area in the afternoon. The stunning pool was very well maintained and the guys at the Citron Bar were very attentive. The staff were lovely from housekeeping, reception and waiters/waitresses and couldn’t have been more helpful. However, there did seem to be an issue with the restaurant service in the evenings. There didn't seem to be any order to the service and waiting time for an order to be taken could vary from 5 to 20 minutes. There was a general manager who was regularly present and had an abrupt sulky manner about him. If I am honest I think he probably didn't do the restaurant any favours and the waiting staff would get on better without him. The food however was excellent and very tasty. We did think that a choice of 2 restaurants in the evening rather than 1 would be nice as it can get a bit monotonous.

The hotel gym was small but perfectly adequate for a good workout. The equipment all seemed to be fairly new.

I also had two spa treatments which is an area I think the hotel is also letting itself down. The spa itself looks and feels lovely and the girls that work there are friendly too however my treatments weren't great even though they had the potential to be. I had the distress massage which was initially good but it felt like the lady might have been doing something else at the same time (i.e. texting) and spent 40 minutes on my calves to then only spend 20 mins on the rest of me. She also went out of the room a couple of times during the treatment to talk to someone. I had the facial too and again the lady doing it was very good, however again a couple of times she left the room with me not knowing what was going on, someone came in to speak to her too and although I appreciate you need a special spotlight to see the skin I felt this was far too bright and without warning it kept giving me shock when turned on, I felt like something out of ET. I've had a lot of treatments and to be fair I am quite picky but I do think when you are giving a treatment you shouldn't just leave your client, if you have applied a face mask or something I would suggest that a head, hand or foot massage is given. Both times the rooms weren’t ready for the treatment and they spent a few minutes preparing the bed, lighting and music etc when this should really be done beforehand. Finally, as much as I love and appreciate Moroccan music I don’t think it is very calming when having a spa treatment.

If they can get the restaurant and spa sorted out I would definitely give the hotel 5 stars and would happily return. I have already recommended it to friends who are going in April.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mosaic P, Public Relations Manager at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First we would like to thank you for having taken the time to write about your experience at Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa.
We do take it as an opportunity as it does help us fine tune our service processes and improve.

We are glad to learn that you have appreciated the Villa Upgrade, the cleanliness to perfection and the attitude or our team members.
The point made about the attitude of what seems to be Food and Beverage supervisor has taken all out attention, we are currently working on coaching retraining to avoid such impressions in future.

Your comment about having our 2 restaurants open during the evening is indeed valid, however as you know “ La Pergola” is for al fresco dining, and with the weather being unstable and rather chilly in the evenings we believe that such a service can be examined in a warmer season.

Your comment about the Spa Therapists leaving the treatment rooms have allowed us to fine tune certain processes related to certain stocks which we have immediately seen to, as for the comment related to the using the telephone to text this is absolutely not allowed by our team members and has been energized.

Finally, we thank you for the positive comments and also the constructive suggestions made and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again to Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa in the not too distant future.

Personal Assistant to the General Manager
Khadija Doofi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

My wife and i have booked this hotel on the internet for our 25th wedding anniversary. They pick us up from the air port in 4 wheel drive. on arrival they give us tea and cookies while they do the paper work. Every night there is a surprise for us in our bed room. The candle lights to flowers on our bed. We feel special during our stay at this property. Breakfast was very good and food was normal but wee bit pricey. From hotel to town taxi usually takes 100 MD and for the air port it was 200 MD. It is a nice place to stay if you don't like to go to town too much. The staff was very helpful and very polite. The room was very clean and beds was very good and comfortable. I would say if you are going with your partner and don't bother to go around much it is a ideal place to stay.

Room Tip: use Hotel transfer from air port it cast the same as you take a taxi. when you arrive the hotel man...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely week's holiday at Palais Aziza.
The good: The hotel is set in a stunning location and the poolside is magnificent. Rooms are beautifully appointed in Moroccan style and the staff - particularly in the dining room and around the pool could not be more attentive. A very relaxing location.
The bad: There were a few things about the hotel that bothered me. The beds are VERY hard. I thought it was just me as I am pregnant but having returned to our own bed last night and had a lovely night's sleep, I realise that I felt like I was sleeping on a plank of wood all week. Perhaps we should have asked to switch rooms but I imagine all beds would have been the same. The shuttle service - what a performance! Yes the hotel offers one to get you into town which is great, but it only runs twice a day - at 10am and 5pm. So either way you will likely have to pay for a taxi in one direction. Furthermore you have to book the shuttle (essentially a landrover) and on a couple of occasions when we tried to use it we were told it was full already. It doesn't seem right to offer a shuttle service and then not be able to accommodate hotel guests. On one occasion we did book the shuttle - turned up a couple of minutes after the time and it had left already which we were very annoyed about. Although the guy on the front desk did call it back for us - you would think they would have just called the room to tell us it was leaving (since only 4 people were taking it anyway). A taxi trip each way is about 100 dirham and the cost did start adding up over the week. The pool - the hotel offers both a heated and unheated outdoor pool (one of the main reasons I booked it because I am pregnant and wanted to make sure I would be able to swim irrespective of the weather). Both pools were freezing when we arrived and after a day or two, I asked the hotel if the heated pool was broken. They told me it had been turned off because of the warm weather (yes it was breaking about 25 degrees, but the water was still far too cold to swim). I asked them to please turn it on which they seemed to oblige for one day when it started to heat up and a few guests were in the water. The next day it was cold again. I had hoped they would just leave it on for the rest of our trip but they must have turned it off and I couldn't be bothered to raise the issue again. Food in the dining room was average - but we ate there a few nights after deciding the taxi into town and back would make any other meal even more expensive. Hotel breakfast was good enough but selection was quite limited and one day I went to put toast in the toaster and the bread was still frozen - wasn't very impressed not to be served fresh bread in a hotel of this calibre.
All in all we had a lovely and very relaxing week and were pleased we had decided to stay out of the medina in the quiet, but these few issues did bother me for the amount we were paying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mosaic Palais Aziza & Spa? Share your experiences!