“Reviewing the Del Cafe downstairs, not the accommodation” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Marrakech

Save Saved
You added The Pearl Marrakech to your Saves list
The Pearl Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Echouhada et Rue du Temple, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #244 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Reviewing the Del Cafe downstairs, not the accommodation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

As the Del Cafe (one of The Pearl's restaurants) doesn't have its own TripAdvisor page, I thought I should review it here. Located on a quiet street of one of the busiest roads of the Hivernage district, Del Cafe is a delightful little haunt for the well-healed traveller. It serves reasonably-authentic Italian food with ample portions, speedy service and good value. The deserts are French (and fresh), so pure indulgence! Good wine and excellent cocktails with (uncharacteristic of alcohol-serving establishments in the country) lots of booze poured in!

Strange decor but you get used to it (not shabby, I just didn't understand the amount of picture frames). Very stylish seating and toilets with individual hand-towels. Good pricing and a very nice meal. The outside seating is also quiet and comfortable with more than enough waiting staff. I'll be returning again and ate there more than once on my last trip to Marrakech. The Moroccan restaurant next-door is also owned by The Pearl, so presumably it's equally as good.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We splashed out at the end of our holiday and had 2 nights here. The rooms are gorgeous and the pool area on the roof is essential due to the heat in Marrakech. The only downside were the cocktails served in the roof bar, we really wanted to enjoy a cocktail overlooking Marrakech at night but the drinks were expensive and very disappointing. We had a Margarita and a Martini and they hardly tasted of alcohol so we felt ripped out as they were £9 each. This could have been just unlucky on our part as we didnt order another drink there so don't let this disuede you from staying as overall it was very good

Milan, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We were there for 5 nights: the building is brand new, the rooms are very nice and the sky bar is great.

The bads:
- all the staff is SUPER SLOW (usually 20/25 minitues waiting for a coffee)
- most of them DON'T SPEAK ENGLISH, INCREDIBILE!!
- wifi is slow and not always working, if you need a good internet connection don't go there.
- rooms on the third floor ("normal rooms" not the suites) are subject to the sky bar music and various noise till 2:00 am every morning!!

Room Tip: take the suite or come back after 2am if you wanna sleep :)
Brussels, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Pearl hotel and have been utterly disappointed by the service as well as by the cleanliness. We stayed there 3 nights and they neither hoovered the room nor wiped the floor in the bathroom for the whole stay. Since we had breakfasts in our room, there were visible bread crumbles on the floor. Still no one seemed to bother.
Given the fact from the pictures they feature on their website, I certainly did not expect to find shower curtains in the bathroom of a 5 Star hotel. On top of it, it smelled and I had to ask changing it.
In my reservation, I specifically asked for a quiet room, since I read about the noisy music on the rooftop from earlier reviews. However, we could hear the loud music every night.
Also bad experience with the concierge: on the first night, we wanted to take a taxi to a restaurant which was close by. We asked the concierge about how much a taxi would cost (we were not accustomed to the taxi fares at that point). He said 50 DHM (about 5 Euro) and waved to a taxi which was parked opposite the hotel. As we found out on our way home the whole journey should not have cost more than 15 DHM! He just took advantage of us believing him. This kind of service I would not expect in a 5 Star hotel. (tip: if you take a taxi, go a bit further away from the hotel to the corner of the place Bab Djadid and NOT take one of the taxis waiting at the hotel).
Finally, when we wanted to check out, the hotel wanted to charge us a higher price than the email confirmation stated. It took over half an hour for the problem to be solved. The only positive point I can think of that experience is the guy at the reception who finally apologized for messing up the bill.
It's a shame, because the hotel has the potential to be a very nice hotel. But the service definitely has to be improved.

london
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Really lovely hotel with a great, romantic indoor pool. unfortunately, no one does extortionate prices like this hotel-everything is a minimum of 4 times more expensive. Do NOT have the hammam and massage on site as its over 6000 dhirums for a couple ( you ave to pay an additional 3000 dhirums to have a hammam with your husband/wife) and we had this in the new city (10 minutes by taxi) for 1000 dhirums. Our entire experience was spoilt on our last morning when their was just 1 waiter to serve everyone that was having breakfast (eventually 6 couples). We waited 20 minutes for him to bring us cheese, cuts of meat, fruit and the cakes but we had not received the bread or tea/coffee after 30 minutes. My husband got upset as I wasn't eating anything (I know it's just my way but I have to have my tea first) and asked for my tea and his coffee-especially as 2 other couples after us had been served first. The waiter simply said that we'd have to wait. I got some tea after 40 minutes-it was Moroccan night tea when I asked for breakfast tea and my husband got his coffee without milk...we never got any bread and eventually left after 50 minutes. That's not 5 star service. Similar experience in their cafe the night before. I would not recommend.

Casablanca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I have been there once, That was amazing. We enjoyed the sushi bar, the restaurant and also the pool at the rooftop. The location is Perfect and central. Thanks for the team and the people working there, they sur strive for the best!!!!!

• Stayed June 2014
Barnet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We just returned from a 3 night stay at the Pearl in June. I really enjoyed staying at this hotel. We were in a suite with a separate living area and bedroom. The bathroom was fantastic as well. The hotel is very dimly lit ( in keeping with the rest of marrakech) but that didn't bother us too much.

The staff were very helpful and attentive and helped us with all our queries about where to go.

Breakfast was good. The hot selection was not massive but there is enough choice.

The spa is lovely. The gym has all the equipment that you would need and the hammam area is just great. The indoor pool is lovely and most of the time we had it to ourselves.

Will definitely be returning here

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Been to The Pearl Marrakech? Share your experiences!