“Almost very good service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Pearl Marrakech

You added The Pearl Marrakech to your Saves list
The Pearl Marrakech
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Angle Avenue Echouhada et Rue du Temple, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #223 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Zurich, Switzerland
“Almost very good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Together with other 3 friends, I decided to spend long week-end in this beautiful city. Hotel is new, and has very nice and helpful staff (a part from an arrogant chief of concierge that is obviously thinking that clients can rank #1,2,3). Sky lounge is very nice, bar serves drinks and has good selection of wines. Guest relation manager tries to fix problems and accommodate requests. Executive suite large and comfortable. Breakfast served until 11am. We had dinner at Pomireu, a must if you want to taste good food. Overall very nice experience....Inshallah it will soon be like the Delano in Miami, Morgan Group standards

Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in the hotel 3 times during this month of February 2013 and can only recommend it! I travel very often to Marrakech and know very well most of the places to stay in the red city! And since I stayed at Delano I don't want to go anywhere else. Rooms are great and very comfortable, the spa is outstanding with a fantastic 25m indoor swimming pool, multiple Hammams, steam, massages...etc.
The roof top terrace hosts a great Japanese restaurant and an outdoor bar with a must see panoramic view of marrakech and the Atlas Mountains. The service is superb and people are very kind and willing to help you in anything you would need. A big thank you to Morad, Mehdi and Saadia who will show you any feature of the hotel and who will assist you in anything you would need inside or outside the hotel. And congratulations to Mr Aziz Bendriss who is the GM of the hotel and who is doing a fantastic job!

• Stayed February 2013
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of days and I only speak very highly of it. I forgot a swimtrunk at the SPA - and since I left the next morning very early, they sent it to me per mail (I live in Brussels!). Great service and very friendly attidtude. The restaurants (Japanese on the roof terrace and Italian on the Ground Level) both serve excellent food. The location is perfect for Marrakech. The only point of critique: The indoor pool is fantstic and very big - but it needs a completely new lighting. It is simply too dark, gloomy and unfriendly lit - despite the beauty of the room.

Room Tip: Take a Junior Suite - the are fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

We chose Delano Marrakech to celebrate Valentine's Day in Morocco.

Rate experience? - AMAZING x 6*!!

When we arrived - we were greeted by the Guest Relations/Concierge to walk us through check-in and furnish us with details concerning our stay.

Room:

We booked the Junior Suite and got upgraded to the executive one on arrival. (They knew were were celebrating Valentine's Day and sent us 2 bottles of champagne complimentary - once upon our arrival and the second on the evening of Valentine's Day which was a lovely touch)

Restaurants/Food:

Breakfast - Food is excellent and being vegetarian - the staff went out of their way to make me a vegetarian sandwich which was not a part of the daily buffet to cater to my dietary needs.

Japanese Restaurant - Namazake is on the roof top of the hotel - playing hip music while soaking in the Moroccan surrounding atmosphere. The food is excellent and the staff have a good knowledge of how to explain what goes in the food. (Again this bringing me back to my strict dietary restrictions)

Roof Top:

Excellent place to chill and listen to great music .. The in-house DJ spinning reminded me of the Delano's in Miami.

Location:

Fantastic - 10 mins from Airport, 5 mins walk from all the good 5* hotels (Royal Mansour, La Mamounia), Old Medina etc. They even have a Louis Vuitton store attached to the hotel.

Staff:

This hotel ROCKS not only because of the name Delano but because of the staff. They are simply amazing!

The Concierge - Mehdi and Guests Relations (Sarah and Murad) make staying in this property such an attractive place. A lot of hotel chains have staff that simply smile because of "professional courtesy" - These guys make an effort to find out what your needs are, whenever you want them. I can only say my Valentine's Day was made amazing because of the above mentioned people who really go above and beyond. They recommended wonderful activities such as taking a private car to Atlas Mountains, arranging Hot Air Balloon Ride etc. (Do trust their suggestions - we loved all the recommendations they had)

I believe the staff who go out of their way make a hotel property more desireable but it is the GM of the Delano Mr. Aziz is what makes this hotel such an amazing place. He is genuinely a people person and makes the effort to greet the guests in the evening when you see him make his rounds. I have stayed at many top notch resorts AND when the GM does rounds to mingle with customers and take care of their every want and need - nothing more can be said. It shows a genuine interest in ensuring customer satisfaction guaranteed at it's best.

Would I stay here again - MOST DEFINITELY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Aalsmeer, Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

On of the best hotels I've ever been to. Lovely and kind staff who will do their utmost to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The hotel has three restaurants, but we only went to the japanese restaurant on the roof.
The hotel has three pools, on one the roof, one downstairs and one in the spa. The spa was very beautiful and had very nice staff.
And the beds, they were very comfortable! I even checked the brand because I want something similar at home.

Then the location, just outside the medina. This was ideal for us, since I find the medina itself too busy. Very nice clubs and restaurants at walking distance.

If you go to Marrakech, you want to stay here!

Outstanding breakfast, very wide range of choice all made fresh. Very good coffee, also very important in the morning.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

My husband took me to Morocco as a Birthday gift and what an amazing and wonderful gift it was. The hotel was simple, modern, beautiful and with wonderful touches of Moroccan designs and finishes. We stayed in the Junior suite, which was simple, elegant, comfortable and you felt that you were being hugged with purple silks. The bed was very comfortable and we all slept like babies. The only issue I felt was that the lighting in the bathroom could have been brighter, but again not a big issue and the drains in the shower and bathtub did not drain very fast, so you would have lots of water around your ankles. However, over all the room was wonderful and very modern, complete with an touch ipad where you could make all your hotel requests, service requests, dinner reservations, spa reservations, view your bill and check the web.

The spa was stunning and services were good. The indoor pool was amazing, however, all three pools in the hotel were not heated, so we did not go swimming, which was a real shame, as we would have really enjoyed swimming in one of their three pools.

It would have also been nice if they had a kids play room, where our daughter could have played and not had to run around the hotel lobby. But I have to say the entire staff was so sweet and kind to our daughter Alia and made us feel right at home. Every day the staff gave Alia flowers and played with her. She seemed very happy there.

The food was good but not many options and not a lot of variety for our daughter, who ate pasta every day. It would have also been nice to have traditional Moroccan food there, but again not a big issue as they sent us to an incredible traditional Moroccan restaurant in the Medina and the food and ambiance there was a true Moroccan experience. We loved it!

The hotel staff were pretty amazing. They seemed to go beyond the call of duty when it came to their guests. They took care of anything we wanted and were always there if and when we needed or wanted something. They also made my birthday and Valentines day extra special, by gifting us a guided tour with a car and guide for one day and also gifted me a pair of traditional leather house slippers, which I thought was very sweet. They were all so loving and caring towards our daughter Alia and made her feel comfortable and safe in the hotel. We used one of their babysitters on Valentines day and although she was a bit costly at $20 an hour, she was worth it. She was gentle and warm and when we returned from our date night, we came back to a sleeping baby, which was nice.

All in all we had a wonderful stay and would come back and stay here again the next time we return to Morocco!

I would like to thank the wonderful and helpful staff of the Delano Marrakech, we really appreciate all the care and effort you put in to making our stay with you a great one! Alia also sends her love and thanks you all.

The Hames Family

Room Tip: We stayed in room 327 which was nice as it was far away from the elevators and stairs and it was on...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Marrakech
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

The Delano has been completely delightful. The staff is friendly and professional- so accommodating in every way. Mehdi is the manager and he is excellent and so helpful.
I agree with another reviewer about the rooms being dark, but its ok. There is a reading light by the bed. The rooftop bar is wonderful too.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Pearl Marrakech? Share your experiences!