“A pleasure and took all the hassle away” 5 of 5 stars

+212 699-392721
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: We take you off the beaten path, flexible custom tours to make your dreams come true.
Cork
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“A pleasure and took all the hassle away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Jalil was fantastic from my initial contact to even checking in with us after our holiday was over to conform we were happy with the drivers and the service etc. Found him from reviews on trip advisor and sent him a mail. Had a reply in minutes with good prices for the transfers we needed from RAK airport to Marrakech and then onto Essaouira and back again. He was very informative and friendly and when he couldn’t drive us the drivers used were great. No deposits needed etc and paid at the end of each transfer. Took all the hassle out of moving about in Morocco in comfortable vehicles. Very flexible as we changed pickup times a few times and always got instant replies to emails from Jalil and the attitude was always, “no problem”. Highly recommended and grateful for a great service. Thank you

Visited June 2013
1 Thank eskillington

Zuerich
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“A real guide, not only a driver, ...and now a friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I contacted Jalil on relatively short notice, to ask if he could provide us with a driver for a 4 day trip. ...Not only did he come through for us, but his driver – Abdel – was superb.
Jalil appologised up-front that he would not be able to drive us personally (very understandable given the short notice we gave him), but he assured me that “one of my guys” will drive you.
The morning of our departure, the driver phoned our Riad in Marrakesh 10 min before the appointment time to say that he had gotten as close as he could inside the winding streets of the Mediana… We found him just around the corner – which was in itself an incredible feat of driving such a minivan in the narrow back streets.
Our driver, Abdel, was extremely professional, very informative, and all around a great guy. He was a very calm and cautious driver, he used to be in the Moroccan Gendarmerie, and we felt extremely safe with him throughout the entire trip.
Jalil phoned before we left on that first day, just to confirm that we had met as planned, and to say that if there are any problems at all then we should just call …however there was no need. The trip was perfect.
The landscape south-east of Marrakech is very spectacular, the driving was comfortable, and arrangements were easy. Whenever we stopped at a sight we made a meeting point, and Abdel was always there before the time (with the van cooled, when it was hot). We had already made our own route-plan and accom arrangements for stops, but Abdel was still very flexible for a couple last minute changes, ...not to mention all the times we said… “Stop” and hopped out to take yet another set of photographs from the side of the road.
On our last day, as we were getting back into the chaos of traffic in Marrakech, Abdels mobile rang and it was Jalil again – he had calculated that we should be just about at the destination and was phoning to make sure that everything had gone well and that we were happy. I assured him that it had, and that yes, we were.
When we were this booking the trip, my wife and I had a few conversations about how “opulent” it was to book our own driver and an entire mini-van for only the two of us …and yes, it was pretty luxurious! As this was our first trip to Morocco, it was a great way to really see the country (without need to focus on the road), to get used to the local driving styles and hazards, to see how often there are speed-traps (and self-drive tourists pulled over at them), and to generally get a sense of the country and huge distances between places. If you really want to ENJOY a trip deep into the desert or through the mountains then I can highly recommend you hire a driver - like Jalil or Abdel - to do the “work” for you. You will get much more out of the experience, including a new friend.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank canswiss
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Totally trustworthy, proffessional and safe, an all round "nice guy".”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We have used Jalil on a number of occasions now, originally contacting him after a previous recommendation on TA. Jalil shows you the "Real Morocco" rather than just the tourist sites that most people would take you to. Jalil has a great vehicle, he is a really safe driver, which is very important especially when you are travelling with children and quite often some fairly wild Moroccan driving. You can rest assured he will not take you to his brothers shop! He has no hidden agenda. I have recommended him to many of my friends. You will not regret booking Jalil.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Caty2
Northern Ontario
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“He really is the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had Morocco on our list of places to visit and when plans for our Med cruise fell through this spring we decided on a last minute trip to Morocco. We travel extensively and I always book our own trips and guides. I could never imagine being herded around doing a group organized tour. I searched through TA and found glowing reviews for Jalil. I'm always the skeptic if the reviews are written by first time posters but many of the ones I found for him were from seasoned travelers.

Lucky for my husband and I Jalil was free for the time period we were going to be in Morocco. I normally like to have a defined agenda with all accommodations planned before ever leaving home but Jalil suggested that if we really wanted to experience Morocco, we should just have a fluid itinerary and allow him to book the accommodation. After messaging several of his former clients on TA and receiving assurances that he indeed has great contacts to make it happen I took his advice and came to Marrakech with only two nights pre booked in a Riad that he recommended.

Jallil was finishing up on a tour with other clients so he had an associate meet us at Marrakech airport on our arrival and take us to our Riad but phoned us several times that first day to make sure that everything was ok and to confirm that he would meet us the following morning to further discuss our plans.

Bright and early the following day, Jalil met us at our Riad. He gave us numerous suggestions for sights to see and we came up with an outline of what our next 6 days would see. He assured me that he would organize all accommodation after inquiring what standard we would prefer.

After a couple of days exploring Marrakech we set out on our tour of Morocco. Jalil has a very comfortable air conditioned van that had ample leg room and lots of space for our luggage. His driving skills are excellent and never once did I feel unsafe on the road. Throughout our time with Jalil, he explained all about Morocco from politics to history to geography to social programs to cooking tips. He was a wealth of information and never grew tired of our questions. We never once felt awkward or uncomfortable during our six days touring with him. He felt like a best friend that you enjoyed hanging out with. His english is excellent.

During our time with him we got to traverse the high Atlas Mountains, ride camels in the Sahara at sunset, staying overnight in Beduin style tents, visit out of the way towns and kasbahs, stay by the sea in Essouria in a gorgeous suite and see a more authentic Morocco. All of the accommodation exceeded our expectations.

I wanted to purchase some rugs, argon oil and other items and Jalil took us to the source that allowed us to get the best price for the highest quality items rather than having us buy them in the souk.

I honestly don't think we would have had the same appreciation of Morocco had we had a different guide. Out of all of the guides we have ever had on our numerous travels, Jalil certainly was the best.

When he dropped us at our resort in Agadir at the end of our six days with him I felt a sense of sadness when saying goodbye to him. Since we didn't get to see the Northeastern part of Morocco on that trip, we're planning to go back but only if Jalil is available to guide us around.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank coldweathergirl.1
Bowie, Maryland
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 260 helpful votes
“It couldn't have been any better, Jalil rocks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Ok, so I had read pages and pages of horror stories on Marrakech and what could go wrong, of course tons of what was good as well, but when everyone is relying on you to plan everything you want to check and double check to make sure all is perfect. I found Jalil through TA and I am so thankful to TA for leading me to Jalil, he always went above and beyond 24/7, let me tell you a little about Jalil….

Jalil is always on time, always well dressed and groomed, polite, easy going, easy to talk to, will never take advantage of you, will always try to haggle the best deal for you, will do exactly what you want, always take you to the best places to eat and will always make sure you are safe and happy. Jalil never made me feel like he was trying to make a buck, or trying to extort additional money from us, in fact, he found us a less expensive place to experience a “Fantazia” dinner/show (“Arabianight”–review to follow) that was way more private and more exclusive than what I had originally planned. Didn’t let us spend money on road-side minerals, he took us where we could gather our own, didn’t let us purchase from sketchy merchants but steered us to more reputable establishments that were actually less expensive and told us what to look for. He made sure always that no matter where we were that we were always treated like V.I.P’s. I think had we asked him to help us home he would have gladly done it. Like anywhere else, there are those who are in the business of tourism that just want to provide a service and move on to the next money to be made. Jalil is not like that; he is all about forming lasting friendships and alliances, which is apparent by all the greetings that come his way as he walks or drives by. We were with Jalil for a week and at the end, even at 3:30 a.m. he was still helping us, he helped with our bags brought them into the airport and put us in line. It was like saying goodbye to a family member.

ok, so this sounds like a commercial for Jalil, so if I had a complaint, it would be that he needs a more powerful back seat air-conditioner in his van and don't use that guide you used to show us around Marrakech. Apparently, in order to guide through certain historical parts, you need a special licensed guide and Jalil uses someone for that but that person wasn't available that day so he used someone else...and yup, that is it.

If you for a second have any doubts about hiring Jalil, I’m here to tell you, you won’t go wrong. In fact, a few days after I got back home, I received an email from Jalil, (ajalil197@yahoo.com) he wanted to thank us and let us know that he appreciated our business and then sent me a few recipes that I had wanted. He also let me know that if there was anything I had forgotten to purchase or would like for him to get for us to please just let him know……now that is customer service and now a great lifelong friend. Thanks Jalil for making our time in Marrakech so easy and so much fun....we will never forget you and hope to see you again one day. (E.,T.,F., & B.)

Visited April 2013