“Allot of hype & lovely surroundings for average experience” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Allot of hype & lovely surroundings for average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2015

We visited this spa/hammam in early march as a couple package deal...
My wife has been to several spa's, for me it was a first...
Overall we thought it an average experience,though relaxing.... Allot of hype & lovely surroundings/decor but the staff seemed flustered or tired...
We had been a couple of days before to check the place out & price's,and were very impressed by the welcome and price's layout etc, on returning for our treatment/spa weather it was busy or not the staff appeared rushed/confused/tired, when we and another couple turned up at similar time... We were in the waiting area with other couple for at least 10min before being ushered into the changing room's and then taken upstairs to the deck and told to wait... Shortly after we were taken into the steam rm and 3 ladies/spa staff appeared flustered and confused as they got organised... then the hamman/body scrub started with my wife & i being attended by an old woman & young lady that appeared to be doing 2 rms at once, i gather the other couple were in steam rm opposite. 3 girls/staff to 2 couples... Although the scrub/steam rm was nice one only imagines if it was busier how the staff would manage... We got a good 40-min steam & scrub and the last 15 min the staff were just sitting in rm with us chatting amongst themselves.... a bit disappointing..
On the positive; the massage downstairs was great, i nearly fell asleep... The 2 girls that looked after my wife and i were great...
Then we were moved to another rm with 4 beds and candles and were told nothing...
Apparently this was the chill out rm... but with 4 men & 2 woman with 4 beds was more uncomfortable than chill out... (my wife explained this is the norm in spa's to have a chill rm after your massage)...
Overall for 780dhs i expected a little more service/staff organisation, average experience...

Visited March 2015

Dundee, Scotland
120 attraction reviews
“Great Relaxing experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

After careful consideration we decided on Isis Spa as we felt we wanted a couples experience that we both could enjoy and that would not break the Bank and I am happy to say this is what we got.
We were quite lucky that the Spa was only a 10minute walk from our Riad, we went along the day before our treatment, just to suss the place out and know exactly where we were going.
We chose the couples treatment at 780 DH which meant we could have an hour long massage, we both loved the massage, it was heaven! The hamman was an experience in itself, my husband almost passed out with the heat!
We were washed, scrubbed and had a body mask treatment before being rinsed off and taking down for our massage, afterwards we were taken to a room to relax and given a refreshing tea and as much time as we needed to waken up!
The staff are all lovely and a credit to the spa, well worth the money and highly recommended.

Visited April 2015
Norwich
“Excellent service very relaxing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2015

Very good value for money. I recommend wearing a bikini /shorts for the hammam. We had a hammam then a massage. Good combination. After the massage you are put in a bed in a separate room to sleep and given tea. Excellent

3 attraction reviews
“The best Hamam experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

The place is beautiful, the staff really nice and friendly and the hamam + the massage was AMAZING!!! I would absolutely recommend it if you're in Marrakech. It's totally worth it!!!!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Very relaxing, very Morrocan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

My friends and I each had a 'traditional package' which included a 30 minute hamman and a 30 minute full body massage. I highly reccomend! I left the spa very relaxed. The spa is very clean and all staff were friendly and helpful. A hamman is definitely something to experience - you have to throw all british morals aside and be prepared for lots of nudity... but you settle into it and end up enjoying!

Visited March 2015