For a 5* Riad, I really wasn't impressed with its standards.
The staff were extremely welcoming and lovely.
In the heart of the Medina so very close to a great Souk.
The bathroom of our room was charmingly Moroccan.
- Stayed for 5 nights and did not have one ounce of hot water for a shower.
- Never had new towels. We would have to go to the manager to ask him, realising that even if we placed the used towels in the bath (like in most hotels to imply that they ARE used and we would like new ones) they would simply fold them back up and but them on the rack ready for the next day's use.
- There was no way to lock our rooms when we left each day. Considering the room we stayed in was on the ground floor, one would've hoped that they would provide one.
- The TV only had four channels. Now I know some people might say that you shouldn't need a tv on holiday, but the Olympics were on and not only were there just 4 channels, they were all in German! Considering it's a French & Arabic speaking country, German wouldn't be the language to come to mind.
- Staff's English isn't great either. Thankfully the people I was on holiday with were fluent in French, so that annoyance was easily avoided.
Bring your own shower gel
Lock everything in your suitcase when you go out each day (the cleaner just shoves everything that's left out into a cupboard)
Be cautious of closing/opening times of places in the time of Ramadan.
Hope this helps - have a good trip / bon voyage!
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.