“Don't do it” 1 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Commune Rurale Ouahat, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #371 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012 via mobile

The worst hotel I've ever stayed in.
Breakfast was bread and salami if you complain you get some cheese.
Coffee machines pump out hot white water. Dessert was an orange. No salt and pepper. Phones in rooms do not work. Air con is broken. Miles from anywhere. I asked for fresh water so my daughter could take her medicine nobody in the hotel could find some fresh drinking water. Absolutely ruined our holiday. There is so much more I could add but I think this is enough for you to get the general idea. Oh must add the pool was never treated or cleaned

• Stayed April 2012

327 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
stockport
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012 via mobile

Please don't book this hotel, I made the mistake of booking first then going on trip advisor. I decided to go with an open mind, its awful. I've stayed in a variety of hotels over the years but never anywhere as awful as this. The manager and his reception staff are the rudest people I've ever met. There was no food. No cups, no drinks, infact one morning we drank a coffee out of sugar bowls because that was all they had. The only plus to this hotel is that your liver will be pleased cos there's no alcohol and you will loose weight as no fOod. People were getting taxis to town to buy there own stuff. There were mattresses and cots just thrown from hotels onto the grounds below and looked like a closed down orphanage. My friend and I both females felt very vulnerable and unsafe, the walk back to the room was pitch black you couldn't see infront of you. There were local men just lurking around. Please don't bOok this hotel

• Stayed March 2012
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This was by far the worst place I and my family have ever been. We thought the hotel looked nice from the pictures and was disgusted when we arrived. Food is covered by flies and as a result my youngest brother got very ill and ended up in hospital (you do not want to get sick out their, the hospital care was scary and left him to almost die luckily we got him back to U.K) Swimming pool is always freezing and dirty. Staff are rude. Air conditioning gets switched off in the afternoon and towels aren't replaced until later on. The water was also cold in the shower and room was dirty. If you can do no stay here although the price is tempting.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

What you read on the label of the Kenzi Club Oasis is NOT what you get!!!!!!

How can the Kenzi Club Oasis claim to be a four/five star ALL included when there was very little included and the stars were faded SO much they were barely visible.

I have many photos of the food (Breakfast for example, plate of cheese when begged for) and luncheon meat, a badly cooked omlette and sometimes some milk, also photos of advitised amenities that did not exist.

I really could give a more in depth complaint of this hotel, but life is TOO short.
George.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kilmarnock, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2012

Me and a friend wanted a cheap holiday,and what we got was worth every penny.this is not a 5 star hote; nore does it say it is.we found it clean and the staff wer great and we got the chance to see marrakech.we went out on our own and felt safe,aslong as u watch ur bag and dont let urself b taken in by beggers,and theres not, alot u r safe.but the hotel was great value for money.id go again.

Room Tip: make sure ur air con works..
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I've just come back from this resort 2 days ago and felt I had to post a review asap.

I travelled with a friend of mine, we are both in our early 20s. As young women travelling alone we decided we would be safer staying outside the city centre in a family based resort, how wrong we were. The biggest issue being the staff which I will explain towards the end. it was part of a package holiday and we paid just over £600 for the 2 of us for 6 nights.

Firstly note the hotel is a good 40mins from the airport and a taxi driver will probably expect you to pay 350MAD ish for the taxi ride. The original offer we recieved was 450MAD but after much negotiating and threatening to get out of the cab we agreed on 320MAD, however many of the other english guests we met paid well over 400, be firm.

First impressions - On arrival at the hotel the staff were very kind and we were impressed with the hotel gardens and the look of the pool. Lunch was a choice of salad cold vegtables and 2 dishes of hot rice between all the guests, however we figured as we'd got there late we must have missed most of the food, but in reality that was all they had.

Room - the room was nice they are almost set out like little chalets away from the main body of the hotel and the bathroom was fairly clean and always had hot water. We also took our own toilet roll based on friends advice and this was a wise move. Without it we would have had problems if one of us had become sick. The beds were comfy although the bedding was abit old and the fitted sheet seemed too small so every time you sat or laid on the bed it would ping off the corners and prove a real mission to put back on. We also saw no evidence of the flowers on the pillows or nicely folded towels etc visible in some of the photos on this site.

Housekeeping- the maid service was decent our beds were made each day and we recieved new toilet roll and claen towels. However the maid unlike in other hotels I have stayed in will not clean up any glasses or plates you take back to your room, so if you get coffee or take a bottle of water back be sure you get a tray so you can take all the empties back to the main bar yourself. (They will not accept them at the bar outside or in the restaurant).

Gardens- the hotel gardens were fairly nice, although they are watered regularly even if you are sitting on the grass, you will be expected to move out of the gardeners way. This also attracts a lot of flies, so be careful if you like wearing any scented deoderant.

The Pool - it looked lovely but at this time of year it was freezing cold, there was no covering over it at night at all and no heating, even the children in the resort wouldn't go near it.There was also a sharp almost pebble dash surround to the pool and it was not pleasant underfoot and I imagien would be dangerous with children running around. I ventured into the pool once and found it to be quite dangerous with sudden changes in depth, I didn't see anyone dip more than a toe into it for the whole of our stay.

Food - initially the food choice was pretty poor and not what I expected from a 4 star all inclusive, especially after a summer in spain in a 3 star resort which in comparison was a foodie heaven. The food improved as more guests arrived throughout the week, to the point where at most meals there was a choice of 3/4 hot dishes of either veg or potato, a salad bar or lettuce, cucumber, tomatoe, olives and colslaw plus the previous nights left over vegtables cold. There was usually a dish of plan pasta and one or 2 forms of meat/fish dish. I would suggest you stick to the chicken and fish as the lamb and beef were very tough. However if you have children be extra careful as all of the meat etc is very boney and some of them are extremely small and a choking hazard. As an all inclusive resort it was also advertised that you could get snacks all day, in fact these snacks are merely the same pastries you get at breakfast minus jams etc to go with them. It gets very boring after a few days. breakfast also only consisted of pancakes - very stodgy, pastries and one day an omelette maker appeared but that didn't last long. In reality although meals are advertised to last a long time, if you don't get there within half an hour of the start and you get to breakfast after 9.15am there won't be anything hot left for for. Sometimes you could get fruit throughout the day but you were limited to one/two bits per person depending on who you asked and this would only be oranges (sometimes mouldy) and very small apples.
Also be careful if you eat outside as there are many wasps and you will probably get covered in bird poo. Oh and the wild cats and birds will walk into the restaurant whilst you eat and openly scavenge off empty tables before they are cleared - the staff will ignore this.

Drink - the situation here was probably the most dire of any hotel I have ever been too. There weren't even fizz drinks on offer after our first day and the ones we had then were flat and watered down to the point of zero taste being present. There was no fruit juice at all, not even at breakfast. There was mint tea on offer all day which after some sugar was quite nice and there were nescafe coffee machines around but the cleanliness of these left a little to be desired. On the positive side you could get litre bottles of water throughout the day at any point.

In terms of alcohol - what alcohol? My friend and i did not intend to go on holiday and drink but a glass of wine with dinner wouldn't have gone a miss. All the spirits they had were watered down and the choice was very limited, once they ran out from what we could tell they were not replaced. The wine on offer was also watery and there was only red and rose available. However this is not because the hotel lacks a supply, my friend was invited by the staff to see the back of the kitchen and saw a huge wine cellar which the staff seem to regularly drink from themselves!

Entertainment - was fairly non-existant, each night there was a disco but the sawe music was played each night and the same dances performed. It would be bearable after a few drinks (assuming you can get them) and you could have quite a laugh in a group giving it all a go, we did at first - but some of the staff spoilt it for us as I will explain. There was also a karaoke night but I suggest this be avoided at all costs, we got a taxi into town and went to a bar called Berts which we had found near the coach driop off point instead. (Make sure you only pay about 150 at night for a taxi to or from the hotel and between 100-130 for a one way trip in the day.)

The staff - probably the biggest cause of upset on our holiday was the treatment we recived from SOME of the staff, particularly the men. On the first day a porter showed us to our room and the hotel staff at check in were pleasant. The male entertainment staff introduced themselves and seemed fairly nice. However in the evening several became very pushy that we dance with them - they have a very low opinion of english women - they became extremely pushy, grabbing our hands and arms and dragging us onto the dance floor. My friend and I felt a little uncomfortable but figured after they understood we were not going to go back to their rooms with them they would leave us alone. Instead our dismissal of their offers to go back to their rooms to drink, smoke and try 'hashish' were met with disbelief, so we quickly excused ourselves from the bar and entertainment we went back to our room.
However later on at about 2.15am in the morning our hotel room was knocked on by several members of the staff waking us up and asking if we wanted to let them in. Needless to say this was very scary and this happened regularly each night throughout the holiday. We actually ended up barricading ourselves in using the furniture and tying the shutters on the window together because leaving them open meant we were only protected by some thin mosquito net. During the day time we also caught several men, although one in particular repeatedly looking through the double doors spying on us, when we were drying out hair or wearing our biknis in our room. This was very easy for them to do as we were right round the back of the hotel and nobody else was around. We ended up constantly locked in our room when we weren't with the other english guests, hiding indoors with all the curtains shut. We eventually found out the staff live in rooms next to the guests and that several of the male staff were in rooms either side of us and next to some other english girls we met there who were in a different section of the hotels.
The male staff also pestered us and the other english girls and couples we befriended during our stay, almost constantly when we were by the pool. Although some of them were friendly teaching us to play cards and joining us to play table tennis, I felt very uncomfortable as at any opportunity the majority of the staff would sit too close for comfort and try and touch our legs or arms whilst we were playing games. They would also grab our shoulders and suggest we take off our tops for a massage. The other english guests all left before us and on the final part of our holiday we spent our last night in our room after dinner watching a film, as we no longer felt we had safety in numbers, then we checked out first thing and spent the day in town.

After complaining about the staffs behaviour earlier in the week we were told that the guy who had been spying on us was the brother of the hotel owner so nothing would happen and it was no problem because we were not being hurt by it! We were also told that the entertainment guy who kept pestering us was his best friend. We tried to ring out holiday company but got no response from their emergency number, other english couples in the resort got transfers out of there and I wish we had been able to get through and demand the same thing. I should also add none of the room phones worked so if something had happened at night we would have been unable to ring reception for assistance. We have now made a formal complaint to the holiday company.

I do not want people to think all the staff behaved in this way, some of them were very polite, perfectly friendly and professional and the women our age who were in couples were left well alone and the men wouldn't even speak to them without their boyfriends permission. A similar approach was taken in the shops, restaurants and the souk. Single women are given no respect, even if you are covered head to toe liek the locals, as we were. All in all I just think morocco is the wrong place for a holiday unless you are married or male. I will not be going back without a male companion in the future.

Overall the hotel has the potential to be very nice, its abit rough around the edges and could use a refurbishment, some of the photos from 2008 summer on this site look very nice and a world away from what I saw, clearly the hotel was fairly reputable at some stage. For now I would say this is a family hotel or for older couples and is definitely not a 4 star resort.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Telford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

We went all inclusive, guess what, NO food, NO drink, Rude staff, miles from town. Staff were just sat playing cards & smoking, their uniforms were dirty, they refused to help anyone. Birds were in the cafe area & yes muck everywhere. Coffee from 2 very dirty machines, if working. We were told to go in a Taxi to town some 20 minutes away to get beer if we wanted a drink. This place obviously was,nt bombed in the 2nd world war but should be. The management are Moroccan mafia & don,t care. There friends were prominent in the so called resort. A black family from London were told to leave because they complained, we dont know what happened to them, reps refused to attend the resort. We are claiming a full refund.

Room Tip: Ideal site for al qieda training
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kenzi Club Oasis? Share your experiences!