“An awesome once in a lifetime experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 447 activities in Marrakech
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: MOROCCO TRAVEL AND TOURISM Azulaventuras is a tour company with an alternative tourism experience around Morocco. Azulaventuras was made to offer a service for people who want to travel to the authentic Morocco. We offer different possibilities to go on a trip: individual or group trips, end of school-year trips, any time of the year and all around Morocco. We organize trips for all kind of tourism: Sun-and-beach tourism: Relax in the Atlantic and Mediterranean coasts. Cultural tourism in order to visit Imperial cities, villages, Berbers, museums and monuments. Places which have an artistic merit and historic value. Ecotourism: the main attraction of Morocco is the nature. Go sightseeing: Draa valley and Dades Valley of the Roses, Ourika valley, sand dunes, etc. Tourism for geologists: Lot of places which are rich in fossils. Sport and adventure tourism: You would be able to make 4x4 unknown off road tours , motorbikes, and quads/ATV; Go for camel rides in the desert, rural tourism… hiking, trekking, mountain bike, skiing crossing and Kayak. Gastronomic tourism: This is aimed at people who like Morocco ´s cuisine. It offer a wide range, mixing aromas and spices. Gastronomic tourism also offers the possibility of learning how to cook Moroccan food. Humanitarian aid tourism: It is addressed to people who intend to travel helping social projects or Non- Governmental Organizations. Azulaventuras is a travel agency which gives you the opportunity to plan any route through Morocco. Tell us your ideas and we’ll make sure you enjoy a holiday in Morocco you will never forget. Moreover, we have different accommodations such as hotels, riads, Kasbah, cottages and tents in the middle of the desert. Do you know where you want to travel to? "Morocco is ready to welcome you". The aim of our trips is to make all those travelling with us enjoy Morocco's landscape, people and cuisine. For all this, we always choose different tours to the classical tours in Morocco. Furthermore, we offer different difficulty levels. We can adapt them to changing rhythm and length depending of the requirements of the group. Morocco is a special paradise for artists and photographers.
Lafayette, Louisiana
14 attraction reviews
“An awesome once in a lifetime experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

After much review we chose the 4/day 3/night desert tour over the 3/day 2/night tour and we are SO GLAD WE DID! If I would have known just how awesome it was going to be and how much territory there was to cover I would have DEFINITELY chosen the 5/day 4/night tour! The hotels along the way were great as well as the food. The camel ride and camping in the desert was a very memorable experience. Mohammad was our driver and I can't say enough good about him! He really made our trip fun, personable, pleasant, interesting and exciting! He went out of his way to cater to our interests and make us feel like a Berber! It was so nice to sit back and let someone else do the work for you! Thank you Mohammad for a great tour! This company was very prompt in answering my emails as well as patiently answering all of my "first time in Morocco" questions. I would highly recommend Azul Aventuras to anyone going to Morocco.

Visited April 2013

Zagreb, Croatia
3 attraction reviews
“great interesting and flexible trip away from crowds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We took 4 days trip with Azul Aventuras from Marrakech to Fes via desert and Atlas mountains. With the unexpected weather (a lot of rain and floods), we felt really lucky to have decided on this 4x4 trip, cause we ended up being some of the rare ones that managed to pass to all the places we wanted to visit ;) it was also because Mohammed wasnt hesitating to do an extra effort and really use the car :)))
Hotels on the way were really good, beautiful, with great service, food and clean. We got the see places we probably wouldnt have visited ourselves, and enjoy many beautiful views.
One of the best parts was that we really got to move away from crowds and really do this trip under our own terms, with all our preferences being respected and with the chance to choose what we want to do. And we didnt have a single worry on our mind - everything was happening so smoothly :)
It was really fun and relaxed trip, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is about to explore Morocco :)

Visited March 2013
Milan, Italy
“great 4 days escape”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

After careful review, my friend and I decided to go for a 4 days/3nights tour from Marrakech to Fes with Azul Aventuras!
Couldn't expect any better - apart from the weather :D
Everything was well organized, the 4x4 perfect for the kind of trip, Mohammed and Hamid helpful and very knowledgeable!
Moreover, the hotel we stayed where really nice, clean and comfortable.

Just waiting for the next trip!

Visited March 2013
““The Most Memorable Experience Of My Life.””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

After careful research and review I hired Azul Aventuras Day Tours for my 4 day, 3 night trip to Sahara Desert. What a great choice I made!

I contacted Hamid, simply indicated to him what my desires were to see and he made all of the arrangements. He not only met my expectations, but exceeded them. Hamid was my guide. Hamid, as well as his other company guides, speak excellent English and are extremely knowledgeable of the areas, sites and culture, being that they grew up in and around Erfoud.

Hamid’s driving skills are second to none, driving through the mountains and the desert; I felt I was in very safe hands. We crossed over the snow-capped Atlas Mountains, viewing some of the most stunning scenery I have ever seen, making a couple stops along the way at perfect spots for eats and sightseeing. Without a doubt, Hamid knows the area well.

By the end of the day we arrived at the edges of the Sahara where we stayed at a wonderful Riad. The food was excellent and my room comfortable and clean, plus it had internet. The next couple of days, in the 4x4 we explored the unique orange colored sand dunes of the Erg Chebbi. I was absolutely captivated by the beauty of this desert and the spectacular views of the sand dunes. I could have spent hours watching how the wind captured the top layer of the sand, making it swirl and dance as it gracefully swept across the tops of sand dunes. We also visited an oasis in the middle of the desert, which was cool, green and lush, a very stark contrast to its surroundings. We saw all sorts of interesting fauna, plants and flowers, and many beautiful birds. In the evenings we watched the famous and most incredible sunsets over the ocean of sand of the Erg Chebbi.

Hamid also took me to some of the local villages to meet some of the Berber people, who are very friendly and have traditions of wonderful hospitality. Many of the tribes still maintain many of their customs that they have had for centuries and still follow many of the traditions of their culture.

During my stay I also did an overnight adventure, sleeping in a tent in the desert at night, which was an unforgettable wonderful experience. I highly recommend.

Hamid was very professional; he was an excellent guide and host throughout my entire trip. He arranged fantastic locations for sightseeing, views, adventures, and overnight stays. He provided me a most enjoyable trip.

I highly recommend hiring Azul Aventuras; they will give you an excellent tour in all respects and a fantastic life experience you will forever remember. As a nice added benefit, I found their rates were very reasonable. This trip was the highlight of my visit to Morocco.

Visited February 2013
Auckland, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
“Great company, and the best part of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

We cannot endorse these guys highly enough. Right from booking to conclusion everything went smoothly and was no trouble. I understand this to be a family business and despite our tour only touching the highlights we felt like we learnt so much about Morocco.

On email Hamid was very helpful answering all my “first timer” questions about Morrocco. And as arranged our guide Hamid (not to be confused with the first Hamid) picked us up from our Riad ready for our 2 night/3 day tour from Marrakesh to Fez via Dades and Merzouga (the Sahara)

Day 1 was from Marraesh to Dades, we seemed to go to a few places some other groups did not along the way including a Kasbah with Spanish influence yet to be restored. Day 2 was from Dades to Merzouga where Hamid left us with the Camel Camp staff for the night. Day 3 was from Merzouga to Fez where Hamid saw us safely to our Riad in the Medina.

Hamid was a very safe driver, and as a guide he was very informative, honest, easy going and happy to help out. A refreshing change from many tours he took us only to the places we wanted to go, there were no sales stops and rug shops or anything like that, and he would happily answer questions or give us his take on things. He is quietly passionate about his country and people and happy to share his stories which we loved.

The tour itself was well organised. The vehicle was comfortable, modern and well maintained with 4 of us plus our suitcases we had plenty of room inside their 6 seater + driver Toyota landcruiser. The accommodation used was great, Chez Pierre in the Dades Gorge and the Camel camp. We did feel a little rushed by the staff at the Camel camp but this was outside Hamids control.

Our only regret, not having longer to spend travelling around this part of Morrocco with Hamid and Azula.

Visited February 2013
Azulaventuras A, Owner at Azul Aventuras Private Day Tours, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review with your kind recommendation. We are glad to know that you had a great time exploring the landscape, & observing the culture & tradition that is unique to Morocco. The team at Azul Aventuras Company ensure that the personal wishes or preferences of the travellers are always considered & fulfilled whenever possible. We hope you will come back soon as there are more places to explore in Morocco.

Hamid