“Sublime” 5 of 5 stars

Save €20 on select meals
Ranked #53 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
“Sublime”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2014 via mobile

I was here with my childeren in springtime. It was one big nice experience. The rooms of the riad are very nice and clean. The breakfast was extraordinair and the service was really friendly en good. Next time we will certainly come back.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014 via mobile

It's beautiful place and I enjoyed my stay there everything was perfect the service the staff and food. It was an amazing experience. I certainly gonna come back. it would be my usual place to go on my vacation

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2014

This riad really has the feel of a Marrakech courtyard home. In addition to your room, you have access to the salon (a living room) and a small travel library and the plunge pool on the ground floor. Then, two floors up is the rooftop terrace with tables and well-tended trees (orange and pomegranate and lemon). It's your choice to have breakfast up on the terrace or down by the pool, and there's no cutoff time if you feel like sleeping late. The bedrooms are beautiful. Expertly done mosaic tiles everywhere, even in the sink basins--I felt a little guilty brushing my teeth in what looked like a work of art. The shower was luxurious with no lack of high-end beauty products to complete the bathing experience. Nice and quiet at night, and during the day you're a short walk to the Palais Bahia and a couple of museums. While touring the palais it occurred to me that my room at the Riad Melhoun was better than a room at the palace. The staff is also very friendly and informative. I changed my reservation at the last minute from a hotel in the nouvelle ville to this riad, and I'm glad I did.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Santa Fe, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

Want to be well taken care of, stay in a nice - small place that is ideally located? This is the place. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, the cleanliness of the place and it's convenient location.

Room Tip: There are stairs, so like me, if you have bad knees, as for a lower floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Brno, Czech Republic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2014

A friend and i stayed 6 nights and loved it. The riad itself is beautiful and good location - walking distance to the square, matkets, bahia place etc. It has a very relaxing atmosphere. You can sit downstairs by the pool or on a roof terase. Rooms nicely decorated and well kept.

But what makes this place so special are the people, so increadibly nice. Mohammed aways with a big smile on his face and making sure you have all you need. I really apreciated that he walked with me at 10 pm to get a take away the first night i got in and then set a table for us on the roof so when my friend arrived after midnight we could have a nice diner. And the manager Youssef always ready to answer our questions and provide advice or direction.

Thank you for helping to make our holidays on Marrakesh special!

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Manchester, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014

There are so many postives about this fantastic riad. It was an oasis of calm to return to after the pace of Marrakech. The riad itself is nice and cool. Plus it has a wonderful plunge pool. In fact I found myself staying inside the riad for a whole day, lounging next to the pool whilst I read a book and listened to the riad music. Bliss.

However I feel the riad's strongest 'asset' is the lovely people who work there. They are the ones who made me feel so at home. They all felt like family by the end of the trip. Youssef, the manager, was always available - either on the phone or in person - and was so helpful. On the first day he and I made a list of things I wanted to do. It was plain that he wanted me to have the best holiday and he very much put this first - which is why he devoted time to helping me research trips for which he could get no commission. I trusted Youssef. We often shared tea together. So when I ran into trouble on the last day of the trip, he was the person I phoned for advice and assistance, even though I was no longer staying there. Yet without hesitation he was ready to help.

Youssef was assisted by the always smiling and friendly Mohammed - the first person to greet me after I walked through the riad door. He and I would often chat about our respective days and life generally!

And finally, but certainly by no means least, the amazing Hadija (I apologise if I have misspelled your name!), the lady who prepared the most amazing dinner for my arrival, as well as the tasty (and much too generous) breakfasts - available whenever you got up. You must have the dinner here at least once as Hadija is an amazing chef. Oh and she manages to keep the riad/bedrooms clean and tidy as well!

What was also notable was that I was regularly given tea, snacks (bread with honey, cakes, biscuits etc), bottles of water. They cleaned my clothes. And I was never charged for these things, even though I was expecting to be.

These are generous people who are trying to make your stay here amazing.

Finally, in terms of practicalities, I was able to email the riad with various queries prior to my arrival, including arranging a transfer to the riad. Youssef promptly emailed me back and arranged everything. The transfer was inexpensive and took the stress out of having to bargain with taxi drivers upon my arrival. My driver also escorted me to the riad. I paid at the end of my stay (in euros as I arranged with Youssef - I was given various options in terms of currency). The riad itself is close to the main square, about 5-10 minutes walk depending on your pace. You are fortunate that just around the corner from the riad is a taxi rank.

I would recommend you staying here. This is a 'true' riad - traditional architecture and the charm that I was hoping for. Relaxing and peaceful. Comfortable. A genuine home from home.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2014

Me and my friend really liked riad melhoun until the manager kept pressuring us to have a massage from him! When we checked out we realised we had been charged for tea we was offered they had also changed the bill to euros with the currency exchange we ended up paying a lot more! Riad melhoun had ordered us a taxi when we left to go to the bus station for the next part of our trip the taxi man instead of charging 20 dirham which is expected for a 2 minute cab ride demanded 100 dirham saying we owed riad mehoun for commision as they had ordered us 2 taxis! We was not impressed and ended up having a very uncomfortable phone call with the owner of the riad I just want to warn people they will rip you off!!

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Melhoun R, Propriétaire at Riad Melhoun, responded to this review, October 1, 2014
it's for the first time Riad melhoun get one very bad return and we are very shocking !
Miss, if I remember you were 2 youngs ladies and during this week I was in the riad (Owner).
I know before to entry in the riad you were very stressed due to a morrocan people in the street and one of you was cried. My manager Youssef spent time with you to make reconfort and bring a free tea for you but you can’t say wrong things on this riad !
Youssef the manager never done pressure for having massage and I don’t know how he can do.
The room you have choosed was Badis and we give you an upgrade room Dihya (more large).
The tea and expresso coffee you have paid was a service requested in the Patio.
1st time you request tickets for Supratour company (taxi travel to the train station to pickup the tickets) , and a transfert at night from the riad to a restaurant and come back to the riad. Please, nobody can paid 20 MAD for this Taxi service !
For the telephone call I’m very sorry but I don’t have this pleasure to talk with you by phone.
And we never ask to pay the sheets who was damaged with the "henne" you get from the Jamma El Fna !
The bill was in € and we have converted in MAD with exchange rate found in Google.
I accept that we cannot suit everybody, it is a matter of sensibility, expectations, education, taste… but we will continue to give 500% for everyone.
Owner

Been to Riad Melhoun? Share your experiences!