Dar Mansour

Juan Carl...
Barcelona, Spain
“Serenity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012 for a stay in June 2012
people found this review helpful

Just spent a couple of days at a new property the owners of Riad El Mansour were anxious for us to try.
We were booked into Riad El Mansour for a few days and while there we mentioned that we were looking to spend a couple of nights in the mountains away from the bustle of Marrakech, we were told that the owners had just acquired this new property in the country so we thought why not.

We could not compare the two properties as they are as different as chalk is to cheese.
Dar Mansour is a self catering 4 bedroomed villa set in bucolic surroundings.
As we did not have a car which is something you need if you are staying out here, we used the riad’s driver who brought us here and also to the local store to stock up on essentials. The furnishings are nice and comfortable, in Moroccan style

I did not think I would like this type of holiday but to my surprise it was so relaxing and comforting that I did not mind cooking the evening meal. For breakfast and lunch we ate lightly.

This is an idle place to escape to as the surroundings cannot prevent you from relaxing and taking it very slowly.
If I were a writer or painter, I think I cold stay here for a month or so, just absorbing the surroundings, but since I work in the City, two days there were enough to finish reading a book and recharge by batteries!
If we had friends with us, or family I know we could have stayed longer, maybe a week or two, but as it stood, we were happy to have experienced Dar Mansour and we wish the owners much luck and success as it certainly deserves it.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 5 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
5 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses 5 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils
5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness 4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities
5 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: The serene atmosphere and tranquility
Liked least: leaving
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Interested in this property?
Make Inquiry
Night
Week
Month
Book this property
Or, send the owner a message
Send Message
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 48 days ago
$10,000 Peace of Mind Guarantee
Learn more
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing