“Excellent!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 529 restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Italian, Moroccan
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Le Comptoir du Pacha est un restaurant de charme à l'entrée de la Médina, non loin de l'ensemble artisanal et près de la grande Mosquée de Bab Doukkala (entre la mosquée et Dar EL Bacha).Il dispose de 4 salles intimistes. 2 salles esprit lounge au niveau du patio avec fontaines, une salle africaine et une salle marocaine au 1 er étage ainsi qu'une terrasse.Le Chef Amine Maine vous propose une cuisine marocaine inventive et totalement revisitée ainsi qu'une carte française et une carte italienne.Tous les mercredis (les autres jours à commander 24h à l'avance, sur place où à emporter), c'est le Chef Phan Quoc Tuan qui vous emmène à la découverte d'une authentique cuisine vietnamienne et thaïlandaise.
Veghel, Netherlands
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

A very nice restaurant, trendy interior but you feel right at home.
The food was really good, in my top 10 of best meals ever.
Went back for a second time.
Very friendly service, and this restaurant also serves wine.

• Visited December 2012

86% Recommend
Melbourne, Australia
“Great little find in Dar El Bacha neighbourhood!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed in a riad close to this restaurant & were so happy with the location (easy to find), the staff (very hospitable), the cosy place (many little rooms to choose your seating from with great ambience), the choice of food & the speediness of how quickly the food came, as well as the very reasonable prices! The quality of our meals were excellent. We had the lemon/olive chicken tagine & the lamb with almonds/prunes (so yummy!). We shared a chocolate mousse for dessert & can highly recommend this place to eat!!

• Visited November 2012
Redding, California
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a party of six the dinner and drinks were great. The entertainment was very fun and entertaining. We had a wonderful time here.

• Visited November 2012
La Rochelle, France
“Seriously disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had 2 separate recommendations to eat here and were looking forward to a wonderful meal. On arrival we ordered a drink and waited over 20 minutes for it to arrive, bearing in mind that there was only one other couple in the restaurant at this time this did not bode well. the blackboard menu was plonked down in front of us and the waited disappeared for another 20 minutes, we had to get up and turn it round ourselves to see what was on the reverse. When we finally ordered we waited another 45 minutes for our food to arrive. It came on stone cold plates and my fish, although cooked well, soon started to cool. Some of the vegtables were very under cooked and one lamb dish was inedible. The red wine was served chilled despite us pointing out to the owner that it clearly states on the label the temperaure it should be served at. In fairness we were offered a replacement bottle but by then we'd had enough. There were still only 3 tables occupied so there was really no excuse for the slow service or poor quality. We didn't pay the full bill!
Such a shame and it took the edge of our last night. Perhaps we were unlucky.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Just a few words to say that you were two couples coming from the same place and that the advice has already been given by the other couple.
But each of you can make a comment or even ask someone to make one. I just wonder what the purpose is !?
As I already said, I guess you didn't see the two other rooms on the first floor, but there were people when you arrived and all guests were entirely satisfied.
Anyway, the menu was shown to you both sides since you had two blackboards, one beside the other and you never had to get up and turn a blackboard round.
The drinks were served in less than 10 minutes with two offered appetizers as we do with every guest.
As you surely remember, you enjoyed the fish since you told me it was very good and you even commented on the sauce you had particularly liked ! What a sudden change !
As for the red wine, the waiter in charge of your table immediately proposed to change your bottle with another one at an ambient temperature but you refused, saying it was all right with the chilled one. So you hadn't had enough at that time.
And despite your comment and my opinion about this, once more I can tell you that the majority of our customers prefer it chilled. Anyway it's not a problem since we can serve it as people prefer, chilled or not. So, once more, I can't understand the purpose of your remark.
The "chef" came to you as she goes and meet every host and you gratefully thanked her for your dinner.
So, it's not worth writing for your friends.
You never ordered lamb meat and personally paid your full bill.
Kind regards.
Nuaille Sur Boutonne
“very poor-don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We(party of 4) tried to get a reservation at the restaurant but they were full !! We then made a reservation for our last night, what a mistake. When we arrived only 1 table taken of 2 people, an order for the drinks was taken they took 40 minutes to arrive, the menu is on a black board but they did not show us the other side until I got up to look myself.We ordered the food arrived about 9.20 on cold plates not a good sign, I had a lamb dish which was very fatty & a huge bone in it, 2 others ordered fish which was very bland & 1 ordered a pasta dish. We ordered a bottle of rose wine which was fine & a bottle of red, this had come straight from the fridge very cold, I have never had chilled red, we questioned it & was told by the owner that his customers preffered it that way. He did not charge me for my lamb dish so we asked for the corks to the wine so we could take them with us, paid & left. Very poor. The chef then came out to chat to another table but did not come over to us, I wonder why. There are plenty of good restaurants in Marrakech-avoid this one at all costs.

• Visited October 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your advice but I just want to make clear a few things as honesty seems important to me.
You never made a reservation to which we answered we were full. You simply made someone book for that evening. So I can't understand your remark.
Another point, I guess you didn't see the two other rooms on the first floor, but there were people when you arrived and all guests were entirely satisfied.
Anyway, the menu was shown to you both sides since you had two blackboards, one beside the other.
Maybe you make a mistake with another place but I can assure you that we don't have huge bones in our lamb meat and there was only a tiny one in your plate once you had finished your main course.
As you surely remember, the two ladies with you having fish told me it was very good and even commented on the sauce they had particularly liked ! What a sudden change !
As for the red wine, the waiter in charge of your table proposed to change your bottle with another one at an ambient temperature but you refused, saying it was all right with the chilled one.
The "chef" came to you as she goes and meet every host but she hardly speaks english and the two ladies dining with you and speaking a bit of french, gratefully thanked her for their dinner.
You also totally finished your diner (with the free main course) which lets me think it was surely not as bad as you pretend.
Kind regards.