“Great Place to Eat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 577 Restaurants in Marrakech
Cuisines: French, Italian, Moroccan
Good for: Romance
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Le Comptoir du Pacha est un restaurant de charme a l'entree de la Medina, non loin de l'ensemble artisanal et pres de la grande Mosquee de Bab Doukkala (entre la mosquee et Dar EL Bacha).Il dispose de 4 salles intimistes. 2 Salles esprit lounge au niveau du patio avec fontaines, une salle africaine et une salle marocaine au 1 er etage ainsi qu'une terrasse. Son Chef vous propose une cuisine marocaine fusion, inventive et totalement revisitee ainsi qu'une carte francaise et une carte italienne.
Redding, California
“Great Place to Eat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We had a party of six the dinner and drinks were great. The entertainment was very fun and entertaining. We had a wonderful time here.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

La Rochelle, France
“Seriously disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We had 2 separate recommendations to eat here and were looking forward to a wonderful meal. On arrival we ordered a drink and waited over 20 minutes for it to arrive, bearing in mind that there was only one other couple in the restaurant at this time this did not bode well. the blackboard menu was plonked down in front of us and the waited disappeared for another 20 minutes, we had to get up and turn it round ourselves to see what was on the reverse. When we finally ordered we waited another 45 minutes for our food to arrive. It came on stone cold plates and my fish, although cooked well, soon started to cool. Some of the vegtables were very under cooked and one lamb dish was inedible. The red wine was served chilled despite us pointing out to the owner that it clearly states on the label the temperaure it should be served at. In fairness we were offered a replacement bottle but by then we'd had enough. There were still only 3 tables occupied so there was really no excuse for the slow service or poor quality. We didn't pay the full bill!
Such a shame and it took the edge of our last night. Perhaps we were unlucky.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Just a few words to say that you were two couples coming from the same place and that the advice has already been given by the other couple.
But each of you can make a comment or even ask someone to make one. I just wonder what the purpose is !?
As I already said, I guess you didn't see the two other rooms on the first floor, but there were people when you arrived and all guests were entirely satisfied.
Anyway, the menu was shown to you both sides since you had two blackboards, one beside the other and you never had to get up and turn a blackboard round.
The drinks were served in less than 10 minutes with two offered appetizers as we do with every guest.
As you surely remember, you enjoyed the fish since you told me it was very good and you even commented on the sauce you had particularly liked ! What a sudden change !
As for the red wine, the waiter in charge of your table immediately proposed to change your bottle with another one at an ambient temperature but you refused, saying it was all right with the chilled one. So you hadn't had enough at that time.
And despite your comment and my opinion about this, once more I can tell you that the majority of our customers prefer it chilled. Anyway it's not a problem since we can serve it as people prefer, chilled or not. So, once more, I can't understand the purpose of your remark.
The "chef" came to you as she goes and meet every host and you gratefully thanked her for your dinner.
So, it's not worth writing for your friends.
You never ordered lamb meat and personally paid your full bill.
Kind regards.
Nuaille Sur Boutonne
“very poor-don't bother”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We(party of 4) tried to get a reservation at the restaurant but they were full !! We then made a reservation for our last night, what a mistake. When we arrived only 1 table taken of 2 people, an order for the drinks was taken they took 40 minutes to arrive, the menu is on a black board but they did not show us the other side until I got up to look myself.We ordered the food arrived about 9.20 on cold plates not a good sign, I had a lamb dish which was very fatty & a huge bone in it, 2 others ordered fish which was very bland & 1 ordered a pasta dish. We ordered a bottle of rose wine which was fine & a bottle of red, this had come straight from the fridge very cold, I have never had chilled red, we questioned it & was told by the owner that his customers preffered it that way. He did not charge me for my lamb dish so we asked for the corks to the wine so we could take them with us, paid & left. Very poor. The chef then came out to chat to another table but did not come over to us, I wonder why. There are plenty of good restaurants in Marrakech-avoid this one at all costs.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
lecomptoirdupacha, Gérant at Le Comptoir du Pacha, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for your advice but I just want to make clear a few things as honesty seems important to me.
You never made a reservation to which we answered we were full. You simply made someone book for that evening. So I can't understand your remark.
Another point, I guess you didn't see the two other rooms on the first floor, but there were people when you arrived and all guests were entirely satisfied.
Anyway, the menu was shown to you both sides since you had two blackboards, one beside the other.
Maybe you make a mistake with another place but I can assure you that we don't have huge bones in our lamb meat and there was only a tiny one in your plate once you had finished your main course.
As you surely remember, the two ladies with you having fish told me it was very good and even commented on the sauce they had particularly liked ! What a sudden change !
As for the red wine, the waiter in charge of your table proposed to change your bottle with another one at an ambient temperature but you refused, saying it was all right with the chilled one.
The "chef" came to you as she goes and meet every host but she hardly speaks english and the two ladies dining with you and speaking a bit of french, gratefully thanked her for their dinner.
You also totally finished your diner (with the free main course) which lets me think it was surely not as bad as you pretend.
Kind regards.
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Beautiful food in beautiful surroundings without a high price tag”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Whilst in Marrakesh we wanted to eat in a good restaurant for a special occasion without paying the ludicrous prices charged by some of the high end restaurants found in Marrakesh. We saw the reviews for this restaurant on tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. The only downside for this restaurant is that it does not have outdoor seating. The restaurant is quite easy to find if you stick to the main roads. From the square find the Islane hotel walk down the back side of this hotel along Rue Fatima Zitoun and at a Y junction take the right hand down Rue du Bacha (you can't miss this as there is a walled building with soldiers in guard box) at the end of this road you will see a sign on the road straight in front of you which points down to the left - take this small back road and look out for a second sign on the left just above an arch. the restaurant is behind a wooden door on the left. The rooms are themed the bottom floor french pavement cafe style, upstairs an african room and around the central courtyard a Morrocan style room. The menu is written up on a blackboard which is brought to your table. We were given a small starter of olive paste and aubergine paste with toast to munch on while we made our choice. We ordered a bottle of wine which was 170 dirham and a beer which cost 30 dirham which we found general for most of the hotels we stayed in. The food was excellent and our choice of a shared seafood pastilla (100 dirham) Beef Tanjiia (100 dirham) and (my favourite) a duck tagine (120 dirham). You could quite easily pay those prices at a touristy place on the square and the experience would not be half as good as in this restaurant. I think it is building itself a good reputation as more people are hearing about it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Sidi Ifni
“Just the place that was needed in the Dar El Pacha area!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The French owner struggled to rebuild and decorate this charming new restaurant in the Medina, but it was worth it from a diner's point of view. Moroccan cuisine by a jovial female chef, attentive service, reasonable prices and pleasant atmosphere -- just the type of place that is so hard to find in Marrakech's now overly touristy Medina. By all means go. The best offering on the night we were there was the lamb tagine with figs, ginger and walnuts. Short but adequate wine list -- the wines from La Ferme Rouge were excellent to accompany our food. Off on a side street but not that hard to find.

• 4 of 5 stars Food