“Interesting, private museum” 5 of 5 stars

More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: At this small, well organized, and informative museum, you’ll get the chance to learn about the history of Marrakech and the region in general. Stocked with artifacts from past centuries and other quality exhibits, you’ll leave feeling satisfied with your time spent there.
London, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“Interesting, private museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

This private museum is set up to show the artifacts and cultures you would come across on a trek across the Sahara. Each room focuses on a different region or tribe, showcasing the wealth of cultures and traditions Morocco has to offer.

Although small, we spent a good hour exploring the exhibition, aided by the museum's little guide booklet, which was admittedly not that informative - I was glad I could read the original French text next to the various artifacts.

Yet, the museum gave a fascinating glimpse into what is there to explore and sure made me wish I could follow the route myself.

Visited September 2013

Stafford, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
“quiet, very charming little riad style.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We are very lucky, this house is 2minutes walk from where we stayed. Quieter in the morning and you pay 20dh to go in. We did not learn very much about the history but I just liked to taking photos inside and enjoy the architecture. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Taipei, Taiwan
90 attraction reviews
“Interesting and serene”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We were staying right around the corner from the Dar Si Said so decided to pop in. Such a great find! It's 10 dirhams to enter. The hours on the door are a bit funny- we came when it was supposed to be open, but the door was shut. We wandered around a bit, then returned- door still shut so we knocked and it was unlocked and we were welcomed in. The elderly gentleman who runs the museum (I who the collection belongs to) speaks good English/French. Such a sweet man- we loved him. He was so happy to explain how the museum operated.

The collection is varied and interesting. We were actually the only people there for our entire visit- I suppose because the door was shut! I loved the artifacts and the information book that was given to us- very informative. Takes a while to read, but I learnt quite a lot in the process. A great place to come in the heat of the afternoon.

Visited August 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very sweet little gallery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

It's one street away from Riad Hayati and you can just duck in for a quick visit anytime. Small though it may be it has a very valuable colelction of textiles and crafts from all over Africa.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
10 attraction reviews
“great collection with good explanations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I really appreciated the very detailed explanations of all the objects on display, as well as the organization of the museum into rooms as a tour to Timbuktu. I probably learned more here than I did anywhere else in Marrakech.

Visited June 2013