“Great location, good value.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel Sherazade
Derb Djama 3 t Riad Zitoun L'Kedim, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #223 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
London, England, United Kingdom
“Great location, good value.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Pretty riad, not too fancy and some basic rooms. We stayed in rooms 1 and 24 which are tiny but then the price does reflect that. Room 1 was less pretty but more comfortable than 24.
Staff were friendly and helpful.
Only drawback is breakfast. At 50 dm per person it is expensive (and not great), you can get better for 30 dm on the Jemaa el Fna with views over the square (les premises).
The location was great. You will be very close to the main square and won't need to go down dark alleys.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
Rotorua, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

My title says it all. Only a couple of minutes walk from the main square. Staff had great English and were willing to help in any way they could. We also switched our reservations around a bit before arriving and they were very understanding and accommodating. Would easily recommend.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Berlin, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

I fell in love with this place. The design is amazing and the moroccan staff working there super friendly even if some of the members don't speak english. They were always smiling and polite. It would be perfect if the guest would get the key to the front door while going back late at night. I felt really bad waking up the poor man in the reception. I was out one night with my friends who were staying at another hotel. I felt a little bit like a teenager coming back home late at night. Waiting for someone to open me the door... Would be more comfortable if there was a key to open the door for yourself. Dont forget ear plugs as if you are not used to the noise and the Mosques you will be waking up starting from 4am. You should defenitely check out the roof. Great space to distance yourself from the city and relax. very good idea.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

Sherazade is a great option. The peace and quiet makes it feel like you're far from the hustle and bustle of Marrakesh, when you're only minutes away from Jemaa el-Fnaa.

The breakfast offered a variety of options.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
united kindom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Stayed with my sone who was 9 at the time. Best to arrive in daytime to find this place as taxis will drop you far side of town and you have to walk through labrynth in the dark, not a great idea, and pray you find it. But once there it is perfectly placed for all tourist sites in city. The staff are very very helpful and friendly. The roof terrace is a delightful place to hang out away from the madness below. Rooms and small but clean and cheary. Breakfast very good.

Room Tip: Try and get one on roof terrace level
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Berlin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was in this beautiful Riad twice. Once as a solo traveller and once with a friend. Hotel itself is very nice, clean and quiet. ( well.... its close enough to one of the Mosques so better to take ear plugs with you / I'm quite used to the prayer calls so it didn't bother me )

Hotel itself is good organized, breakfast + fresh orange juice was very good, room service every day- keeps your room clean and fresh. The moroccan stuff was always super friendly and kind. The only thing that took the rating down was the international part of the stuff. I remember a girl in the reception who was not very friendly and kind of bored of her job. it's definitely something you don't want to see when you have a long trip behind you.. you are looking more for friendly and helpful faces.
I had 2 heavy bags and my room was on the 2nd floor ( the building has no lift- makes sense it's an old riad ) the stairs are quite small and no one helepd me with my luggage... whiich I found a little rude.. they just handed out me my key and I was on my own... would be nice if someone would offer help.
the man who was always in the night shifts taking care of the reception was always super nice and decent!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I stayed at the Hotel Sherazade three different times during my trip to Morocco (June 16-29, 2012), staying for a total of five nights. Of all the places I stayed in Morocco, this was my favorite!

Before arriving in Marrakesh, I emailed this riad a few times about my stay and airport transfer and they replied the same or next day. The airport transfer was well worth the price of 150 MAD, which is paid directly to the riad when you check out.

I stayed mainly on the terrace when I was there (room 14) and paid 180 MAD for a room with fan. The room was very clean and comfortable and nicely decorated with Moroccan crafts. I used a shared bathroom which was also very clean and had a nice hot shower. I would like to offer some advice....my last few nights here the temps in Marrakesh were close to 114! I thought the room would cool down in the evening but it didn't. One night I was upgraded to a room on the ground floor (room 24 I believe) which was cooler but a bit small. So if you are there when the temps are extremely high, a room on one of the lower floors or one with a/c may be more comfortable than a room on the terrace.

The staff at this riad, especially Anna and Dounia, are just fantastic and gave me so many helpful tips that I used throughout my trip. They arranged my bus/train tickets and recommended a good tour agency which I used for my trip to Merzouga and the desert.

I was traveling alone and as a female, felt very safe at the riad and walking to and from the main square, which is only a few minutes walk away.

They do serve breakfast on the terrace, however I chose to walk to the main square and have breakfast at a little cafe there for around 20 MAD.

Overall, this is a wonderful place to stay in Marrakesh to experience an authentic riad and warm hospitality. I will definitely stay here again when I return to Marrakesh!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Sherazade? Share your experiences!