We had a reasonably good stay here, but probably felt overall we could have found somewhere with better customer service and more of a sense of luxury given the fairly steep prices:
* the staff were friendly enough, but weren't particularly attentive - there's no reception desk, only an office (often empty), so often had to ask kitchen staff to go and find people, which was a bit awkward!
* quality of breakfast was quite variable - and the bread we were given was a bit stale on a couple of occasions
* I was surprised that there didn't seem to be a restaurant up and running downstairs for lunch or dinner - we asked about this on our 1st day, and were told it wasn't possible (and I never saw anyone eating there for the rest of our 5 day trip)
*location in medina is good (if a bit confusing initially), and the overall feel is quite charming and historic
* that said, i felt that the decor overall could use a lick of paint - and downstairs was a bit dusty
*the swimming pool is ok for a quick cool off, but it's pretty small!
*we nearly missed our flight because the clocks had changed - this was obviously our responsibility, but I'd had a fairly lengthy talk with the receptionist earlier in the morning about what time our flight was and what time the taxi should collect us, and she didn't think to mention it -or make us aware subsequently when the taxi was waiting downstairs!
* spa treatment in the Hammam - the steam in there wasn't working, so it was a bit disappointing that they didn't make us aware of this beforehand
Overall, I probably wouldn't recommend this place - it's pretty pricey, and I felt that the service and overall finish didn't really justify it. We stopped off at Dar Si Said (nearby) for a coffee and it felt a lot more luxurious.