“The right mix of Moroccan comfort, pool and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Jardins de la Medina

You added Les Jardins de la Medina to your Saves list
Les Jardins de la Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Chtouka, 21 | Kasbah de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #53 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
London
“The right mix of Moroccan comfort, pool and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

I was here for a four night break and was looking for somewhere with a pool (forecast was for 40 degrees) which ruled out many of the riads, but I did not want an out of town chain resort. This was a good mix of Moroccan style and amenities while still being reasonably central. Very pleasant and helpful staff, with good drivers (did day trip to mountains). Very nice garden setting and good food and service in the restaurant (which has water-mist cooling on the terrace). A relaxing stay and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I had a first floor room on South side which was very quiet even though opening onto street.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Brisbane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

When looking for a hotel in Marrakech with a wheelchair accessible room, we were faced with limited options. When I found Les Jardins de la Medina I was thrilled.
We opted for an airport transfer, and even though I requested a car, a van was sent to collect us. As I am in a wheelchair it was very difficult for me to get into the van, but with the help of a very nice driver and my husband we managed.
On arrival to the hotel, the reception area seemed quite disorganised and sent us to the bar where we were served a very pleasant welcome drink and some dried fruit/nut snacks. We did not get access to our room till 3:30pm and only after enquiring with the reception area (who seemed quite put out by the enquiry). The wheelchair access room is well set out, but needs a bar on the wall near the toilet in addition to the pull down bar. The shower has a low tiled seat (as per photo) which had limited use for me.
After settling in we went back to reception to see if they could help us organise a day trip. Given my need for a wheelchair we were hoping they might help suggest an appropriate tour. To our disappointment the gentleman at reception had no interest nor provided any help.
There was a smell coming from the drain in our room, but on reporting this to reception they did rectify this quickly.
I booked a facial in the spa and I cannot speak more highly of both the treatment and the lovely beautician who was more than happy to help in any way she could.
We ate in the restaurant on 2 occassions, and on both occassions it was fantastic - in fact in both occassions I had the chicken and pear tagine because it was so good!! The desserts were also fabulous.
We did request a late check out from reception as there is no disabled toilet at the hotel outside of the room, but were told this was not possible. Check out was 12pm, we were hoping to keep the room till 2pm as we were leaving for the airport at that time. Check in was 3pm so we were hoping they would try to help us out - but they didn't. Even the manager would not budge and when we suggest we had been delayed in check in by 30 minutes, she said she would check the footage they had. It was not a pleasant experience and given the cost and rating of this hotel, confirmed that the administrative side of the hotel needed improvement.
The hotel was responsive to the need for a car to transfer us back to the airport.

Room Tip: Room # 101 is the wheelchair accessible room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014 via mobile

Small hotel in the Kasbah district. Lush grounds, tranquil pool area and lovely room and shower. Rooms beautifully scented every day and rose petals scattered. Turn down service left pastries each night. The staff were really friendly. It was an easy walk to most things and a cheap taxi ride to the new city clubs and bars. Only downside was that we were not there long enough. Would definitely stay there again.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Wonderful 4 nights, every member of the hotel team was incredibly helpful in any and all ways. It is a place of peace and calm after the hustle and bustle of the souks and markets. Highly recommended and I hope I will be able to return.

Room Tip: Every room has a private balcony, I do believe every room is a great room!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I spent the last week of June in Les Jardins de la Medina with my boyfriend and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. From the moment you step through the door you leave the hustle bustle of Marrakech behind and enter into calm and gentile surroundings. The staff were lovely - so kind and welcoming. Our room was incredibly spacious with a large bed and seating area. We spent a great deal of time relaxing by the pool, which was surrounded by greenery. There were a number of extra perks including a small drinks party by the pool one evening. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic and we made the most of all the different options. I wish the hotel the very best of luck and I hope to return for a future visit. I have already recommended the hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Beautiful oasis in the Medina. We were upgraded to a room with private sitting patio and roof! Beds and showers were heavenly. Breakfast was leisurely and so many options. The last place we stayed in Morocco and it was a treat!

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

This riad was at one end of the Medina within walking distance to several places of interest; and a cab ride to the center of town and the souks. We had a very spacious room on the ground level with two french doors opening out to the lush gardens and a separate sitting room where we had our breakfast. There is a central walkway outside which can get a bit busy and noisy at times - so you might want to request a room on an upper level if you want absolute quiet. The workout area is outdoors but the equipment is a bit tired. The staff (especially Youssef) was warm and friendly; they even had staff serve complimentary refreshments poolside at times and someone to clean your sunglasses! We had most of our meals here - great selection and service -- the indoor/outdoor dining areas had a romantic ambience. Make sure you try their tagines and coconut shrimp. Overall - a lovely sanctuary to come back to after your daily adventures in magical Marrakech. I highly recommend getting a local Berber guide to take you around to see the real Marrakech.

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground level open out to the gardens and are very convenient. But they can be a bi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Jardins de la Medina? Share your experiences!