“Outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Jardins de la Medina

Save Saved
You added Les Jardins de la Medina to your Saves list
Les Jardins de la Medina
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Derb Chtouka, 21 | Kasbah de Marrakech, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #68 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Toronto, Canada
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a wonderful two day stay at the hotel. The grounds are stunning and you feel like you are worlds away from the hustle and bustle of the medina. We stayed in the Sultans room as it was our honeymoon and if your budget can afford a splurge, this is the perfect place to do it. The room was covered in rose petals and it includesda private terrace. The night we arrived the hotel had welcome drinks and apps for all its guests. What a treat! It was one of the best hotels we stayed at during our trip to Morocco. Hakim from the front desk was amazing and gave us such personal attention. We really appreciated his help throughout our stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

885 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Wickford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

It was a wonderful experience to leave the frenetic world of the old town and enter the peace of this hotel. The rooms, food and staff were first class; the staff were not only good at their work but so friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

A beautiful little hotel at the south end of the Kasbah, close to the Royal Palace and Saadian Tombs. The rooms are tastefully decorated, very clean and comfotable. The bar, restaurant and heated pool are great places to eat, drink, relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of the old town after those long days out exploring. The food is very good- expect to pay about £35pp for three courses including wine. Though there are good inexpensive alternatives nearby, such as the Kasbah Cafe which is only a 5 minute walk away. Overall, this hotel is excellent, the staff very friendly, along with service to match. Only minor negative is the location, which is on the outskirts of the old town and many of the attractions, however if you don't mind walking then this shouldn't be a concern. It's about a 15 minute walk to the main square or a £1.50 taxi ride. Highly recommended.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

The higher end riads of Marrakech are all wonderful. If you are looking to be IN the action, get lost in the old town, etc, stay in a nice raid. This is one of the nicer ones. My only complaint is that on occasion, a sewage smell wafted thru the resort. Hard to know where it came from. But it was a little gross, but hard to know whether to blame the hotel or not in this region.

In the heat of the summer, the pool wasn't very deep so it wasn't very COOL. Was kinda hard to cool off when the pool was 96 degrees.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We couldn't have been more impressed with Les Jardins de la Medina - absolutely beautiful hotel, great location, beautiful gardens, heated swimming pool, and the staff were above and beyond fantastic. I can't recommend the hotel highly enough! Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Hertford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited for 4 days last week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We had a lovely room (No.120) which was spacious with a lovely terrace. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The roof terrace is beautiful and it was lovely to relax on the sofas especially as the weather during our stay was glorious. The grounds are very well maintained and it certainly did feel like paradise once inside the door, with the lush green foliage and birds singing in the trees. Although it is a good 20 minute walk to the souks, it is a fairly straightforward and interesting journey. If we visit Marrakech again we will definitely return here and will recommend to friends.

Room Tip: We had room 120 which was very spacious with a good sized terrace with table and parasol overlooking...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Port d'Andratx, Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel last week, upon arrival we were greeted with a tea and some dates and apricots in the little outside area. I think the only way for me to give this Hotel a good review is by doing a pros and cons list as there were so many good but also bad things.,
The good things are that the rooms are very clean (cleaned 2 a day), staff is f riendly and helpful and the roof terrace is great with amazing views.
The bad things unfortunately theres a lot more, service from the bar is very slow, one night we actually waited 25 mins for a cocktail with only one order before ours. The coktails are quite expensive compared to other places and a pack of crisps is 5 Euros, the bar doesnt have a big selection also when sat in the bar area in the winter time its quite smoky due to the open fire and on top people smoking inside it stings your eyes if youre not used to it.
Breakfast is not too bad even though dont come too early it says from 7:00 - 10:30 but we came at 7:30 and they were still decorating tables bringing food out and rearanging everything, the worse thing was as it was quite cold the gas heaters were only turned on when people started arriving so it wasalways very cold at breakfast and the who we thought might be the morning manager as he was always round breakfast in a suit was even worse because everytime he arrived he started moving tables, chairs just making a lot of noise in general which wasnt very nice when your trying to enjoy breakfast. Also scrambled egg was always cold but you can order an omlette if wanted at least thats hot. Selection of fresh fruit was good. The dinner in the Hotel was okay but overrated in my eyes, we had dinner in so many other places for less money and better quality, but I guess it depends on everyones taste.
If you like sleeping dont stay in 128 its directly over the kitchen and laundry room and gets very noisy from 6 am, which is why my mum had to change rooms. I was in 133, the room had no little terrace in fact i couldnt even open my windows because my privacy would have been invaded and when my neighbours came in at 2am the walls are that thin that i thought they were in my room, I could hear everything also when i was in the bathroom I could hear everything that happened on the roofterrace including conversations. Allthough the bed was okay, I couldnt sleep due to noise from everywhere like doors closing, (not one hotel door in this facility closes quietly) , the street, the roof terrace, my neighbours etc. After the room change my mum moved to 130, which was nice but very damp and cold, the heater in bathroom was behind a cupboard so it didnt heat at all and there was a lot of mold which I will include pictures of. Tv was very small but you dont need a tv on holiday, it had 2 english channels and one german all the other were french. Also big problem i had was the way to my room was not covered so I got wet everytime I had to walk to my room, but at least there was umbrellas in the room.
The Pool area and garden area is a big plus for this Hotel also the roof terrace, all in all I think this Hotel has a lot of potential but just needs some more TLC in general.
In my eyes its not a Rhiad, its a Hotel and at the moment it doesnt deserve the valuation it has, not due too staff but because of facilities and little things, it just seems that the staff are trying everything but there seems to be a manager missing that makes sure things are going like they should. One day while in the bar having a drink, we got asked to move tables 3 times because they were doing maintenace work, now Im a paying guest and want some peace and quiet but all I heard most afternoons was drilling etc. Would I stay again, probably not, I think there is better places in Marrakech for better value. Again its not the staff but everything else.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Les Jardins de la Medina? Share your experiences!