My wife and I travelled to Marrakech to enjoy the chaos of the city and the old town (Medina). So it was perfect that once we were ready to escape the mayhem and relax away from it all Riad Nashira was close by as our oasis. The building is unassuming from the outside (like most buildings in the old town but once you enter the beautiful door you know you are somewhere you can feel safe and relaxed.
The building itself is a very nice modern take on a Riad (Moroccan townhouse) style building but with all the mods and cons. The place is kept immaculately clean with staff cleaning every day, the fountain courtyard is lovely to relax and enjoy some mint tea, the swimming pool is just the right size to enjoy, and the sun terrace on the roof has plenty of space to relax in private even if there are other people on the roof.
Our room was lovely and a good size with a high roof, good air conditioning, a large bed, lovely decorations, a good size shower and toilet, along with a separate ‘bathroom/dress’ area interlinking the bathroom to the bedroom. In the room was an LCD TV, a computer in the room and free WiFi. And considering the building is in the old town where locals are living next door and nearby – importantly the rooms were absolutely silent and thick curtains blocked out the morning sunlight until you were ready for the day.
The location of the Riad is a 10min walk through the Souks to the main square and although not far, it will take you a time get familiar with the walk along the narrow confusing streets. Helpfully the staff member from the Riad will accompany you the first time you walk to the square to help you get your bearings and orient you.
We had lunch a few times by the pool and up on the terrace and the menu at the Riad is fairly basic but the food was nice. The dinner menu has more options on it so as a treat on our last night we decided to stay in and have dinner on the roof terrace with the sun setting. The staff set us up with a lovely table on the roof for us to enjoy our lovely meals of drinks. A perfect end to our lovely stay in Riad Nashira.
Although we never used the Spa services, the Spa area looked lovely and am sure that the service and experience on offer would be enjoyable.
Aside from the location and the lovely building, and enjoying out trip to Marrakech – the highlight of our Moroccan trip were the wonderful staff. All staff spoke English and were friendly in such a genuine manner that we were made to feel welcome as if we were staying with family and not in accommodation. They provided us with lots of information and helped with planning our onward journey to Rabat and nothing was ever a problem. Every day we had great chats with the staff at breakfast, sitting in the courtyard having lovely mint team and whenever we were planning something to do next. The level of customer service from Fatima, Btissam, Tarik at the front desk – along with the service from all the waiting and service staff was a breath of fresh air and would make us happily come back to Riad Nashira again.
Things To Do
- Do a camel ride at sunset
- Do a tour with a local guide (hotel can arrange) and you'll get to go off the beaten track through the old town
- Enjoy a meal nearby at 'Le Foundouk' for a lovely dinner on the restaurant roof terrace
- Go to nearby 'Café Arabe' and enjoy a nice meal and rooftop cocktails
- Dress up for a night out at 'Palais Jad Mahal' for a meal, belly dancing show, and then dance the night away in the bar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Riad Nashira & Spa brings a new dimension to hospitality in Marrakech, a concept that goes beyond other experiences.Riad Nashira & SPA inaugurates a new blend of style and values creating new sensations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Riad Nashira & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.