“Oasis of service and style” 5 of 5 stars

Le Palais Rhoul & Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Fes, km 6 | Dar Tounsi, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #351 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Monte Carlo
“Oasis of service and style”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The first image that comes to your mind as you walk into the Palais Rhoul is that this nothing like you can imagine before you see the splendour with your own eyes. I'm met on arrival by a lady who leads the way up a path that winds up from the car entrance onto washed stone steps with a little waterway on the ground. The sound immediately calms you as you walk up to a wooden door, behind you are lead into darken antechamber that is perfumed with Amber musk, from here another door opens to the surreal main reception room with rose petals and original antiques from all over the world peppering the room. This exquisite high vaulted space leads to a circular building around the swimming pool, which is framed by the verdant gardens beyond. Some of the rooms are around the pool others are in the garden in the form of suites that are Berber "tents". I was in TENT 14 which was a romantic suite perfect for cocooning - isolated and discrete. It had a working fireplace, a huge black tiled bath tub for two, great shower gel, shampoos and fluffy towels and oh - a petalled strewn bed. Your mind will be blown when you realise you also get a small indoor swimming pool in your tent as well. All the modern needs were catered to, AC, satellite TV, free Wifi (throughout the hotel and tent) private terrace, and couches. The room service was excellent - so was the cooking in the main dining area by the pool. I ate three meals there and the quality was very good and consistent. The service was exemplary both in the rooms and throughout the property. The breakfast was also worth noting, homemade yoghurt, honey, fresh baked breads and the best orange juice I remember. A final note must be made about the gardens, they are fragrant and immaculate in Fact the Palais Rhoul is now my secret garden as well! I will return, return and return again. A great discovery!

Room Tip: I like the upstairs rooms around the pool as I visited one or two of those and the TENTS for romance
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I stayed here on a trip to Morocco for our honeymoon. This was our last stop after Riad Sultana, Sultana Oualidia, and Kasbah Tamadot in the Atlas Mountains. The property is gorgeous, the landscaping was beautiful, or berber tent was pure perfection. All that being said, something was off. We went out almost every night because the resort just had nothing to do, and we saw no one there. The service was a bit slow and you kind of just didn't know what the flow of the place was or what's going on. We thoroughly enjoyed it because of the beautiful tent and the privacy, being it was our honeymoon, but when I go to Morocco again, I would stay somewhere else.

There are so many beautiful properties, and it's just not that amazing that I feel the need to go back. If you do go, get a tent, it's amazing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

No wifi in the room. We pointed it out, because we had work to do. Not possible to get new room, we were advised to sit outside in dark garden to get Internet.
We booked and payed for 45 min hammam treatment at the spa, it only lasted 30 min.
Our room charge was already taken from credit card before we arrived, and they tried to charge us twice. This was corrected when we pointed it out.
We booked airport transfer with the hotel, we were told that it was 150dh, it turned out to be 250dh.
Not much staff to be seen, they hardly speak any English and service is not good.
We had dinner at the restaurant and we both got sick.
We would not stay at this place again.
Surroundings are very pretty, and the decor is very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had the best moment in my life at this wonderful hotel, a real paradise on earth . I had the best wedding in the world ! Noura and Syvia Rhoul helped me to organize everything, I had nothing to do just to enjoying my wedding !
The catering was excellent, the houppa was wonderful and all the wedding was magical ! Every guest enjoyed this special event !

After the wedding we stayed almost a week for our honeymoon in a luxury room by the pool and we will come back each year for our wedding anniversary !
The service is perfect, all the staff is so nice, efficient and honnest .
The maid came directly to give me back really expensive diamonds earrings that I forgot !

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Beirut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

One of the most beautifully designed hotels I've visited. This hotel will take you back in time, every detail looks antique and the fact that the rooms are in tents adds so much to the charm and authenticity of the place. You get to really experience Morocco as you should. The spa is great and so is the food. The only down is that it seemed empty at times.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

From the moment we set foot in the Palais Rhoul, we were made to feel instantly at home, literally, and we spent the next 5 days relaxing completely in the most beautiful pool we have ever seen...
The Palais is perfectly located in the most beautiful area of the Palmeraie,5 minute drive from the centre/medina
The pool merits a whole page of description but I shall try to condense in into 3 lines: made of the local Tadelak method, it has several different nuances of coulours which means it changes colour slightly throughout the day - always a fascinanting green-blue...I must have taken about 100 photos of it! It is a huge round warm pool surrounded by columns, but not of the naff type, and there are 5 bedrooms which surround the pool in the main building. Lots of flowering plants hang from the garden on top of the roof so you get a rain of flowers in the pool whenever the wind blows gently which gives the pool its magical feeling- the flowers then skittern on the surface and then collect at the edges of the pool as if it were deliberate morroccan decoration... There are other pools so this one is never crowded (2 other couples was the most we had in April)
We had Bedroom 4, and the kids had bedroom 3, a perfect solution if you have children as your garden view terrace adjoins theirs. Our room was a huge suite, one of the most beautiful ones we have ever seen due to it being completely 'transparent' - all glass on the side of the pool and all glass on the side of the garden (you step out of the bedroom and the pool is 1metre away - so you can actually supervise your kids from inside the bedroom!). The most enormous curtains ensure privacy when you want it.
Breakfast was plentiful and delicious with a new item everyday - all home made, and we pretty much ate lunch and dinner there everyday and it was all delicious (dinner can be next to the bedroom so again handy to supervise your sleeping kids)
The garden is amazing - full of coulourful bougainvillieas and other impressive plants and birds sing along all day adding to the feeling of being in paradise...
The pool was at 31 - 32° all the time so it felt like a huge jacuzzi and you felt like spending the day in it. The Spa looked gorgeous though we didn't use it
Service was perfect - all without exception very helpful and any request sorted in a minute. When you leave the pool you have stacks of towels available to help yourself - quite the opposite of the Selman where we had to beg for pool towels and freeze whilst we waited -we got an iphone charger delivered straight away upon requesting, all very efficient.
We look forward to coming back to the Palais Rhoul soon!

Room Tip: For a family - rooms 3 and 4 are perfect as they adjoin
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Without doubt the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in. All the amazing photos online don't do the place justice. Everything about it is stunning and the reviews saying the place is creepy are wide of the mark. Admittedly my girlfriend and me were there over new year so it was a busy time.

Generally, service was very good and the manager seemed to make a point of trying to speak to everyone to see how things were which was a nice touch.

There were a few minor issues though, hence why only 4 instead of 5 stars. Food was only ok and for the prices being charged it should've been better. We were pretty much forced to sign up for the the year's eve dinner party which in hindsight we're glad we did as it was very well done and nice to have something put on like that in the hotel but the food was only ok and there was far too much of it(not something I'd normally complain about!). In addition, room service was a bit sloppy, we ordered two sandiches and a drink on our first night at about 10pm which took almost an hour to come and even then we were given a glass of red wine instead of white. Also had some issues with the bill at check out being much too high but we quickly got to the bottom of it so no big problem in the end. The spa was also good but again maybe some small room for improvement (compared to the one we visited at Palais Faraj in Fez). Also, slightly strange complaint but in our room (one of the tents), while everything was fantastic it was surprisingly difficult to find the light switches.

Generally though, all the staff we dealt with were extremely friendly and helpful and if I were to visit Marrakech again I'd probably stay here, particlularly if it was the summer as I want to take advantage of the amazing pools!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Palais Rhoul & Spa? Share your experiences!