“It really is a wonderful hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #109 of 470 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“It really is a wonderful hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We have just returned from a 4 day stay here and all three people with whom I travelled said they have never stayed anywhere so lovely. It is tranquil and in beautiful grounds. The staff are discreet, friendly and very efficient. Thoughtful and generous from the cleaners, waiting staff, pool attendants, spa staff to management. We spent our mornings enjoying the delicious fresh breakfasts, then moved on to lounge and read by the exquisite pool. Later in the day we took the comfortable free shuttle bus into the medina and souk. One day we had really excellent massages in the hotel spa. I cannot recommend this place highly enough whoever you are travelling with. It is very romantic. My cousin and I had taken our mothers in their 80s for a treat and holiday. They adored it. I will be returning with my husband (and if they are lucky maybe our children) as soon as I get the opportunity.

Room Tip: ALL the rooms were secluded and well equipped, set amongst the gardens in 5 or 6 attractive villas...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We had booked to stay at this hotel over Easter and were really looking forward to it having read all the great reviews on tripadvisor. We had booked a pool suite as we were traveling with two young children and I had read on previous reviews that some of these were in the shade so I phoned our tour operator to ask which room we were in. He then forwarded a response from the hotel manager to say that we were booked in pool suite 5 and there was no way this could be changed which I was happy about as room 5 had some great reviews. We arrived very relaxed after having spent a fantastic few days at Kasbah Tamadot only to be told that we were in room 28. I said this couldn't be possible as I had an email forwarded from the manager to say we were in room 5. The staff just shrugged their shoulders and said they would get the manager to come and see us and in the meantime took us to room 28. I was extremely disappointed when I saw it as sure enough the pool was shaded and grass area very overgrown. The room was also very small compared to pool suite 4 which one of the other guests kindly let us see as he was staying there with his family. The manager didn't appear so we want to find him and he told us that he didn't realise we were traveling with children and room 5 was therefore not suitable which is why he thought it in our best interest to move us to room 28. We then phoned our tour operator who said the manager would definitely have known that we were a family of four. We were very disappointed with the whole situation but decided to make the best of it and ate in the restaurant that night. However, the food was diabolical and as there are no other restaurants nearby, we checked out the following day. As an aside the pool and hotel itself are stunning but the hotel is let down by its arrogant manager and terrible food.

Room Tip: Avoid room 28. This should not be in the same price bracket as the other pool suites.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Leeds, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This hotel is amazing! It's a little gem of a hotel in the suburbs of Marrakech. It's calm and classy, the rooms are rustic, traditional and sumptuous with service to match.
I would stay here 100 times over given the chance.
If you fly into RAK use the hotels transport. It's quality at a reasonable price.
I booked a suite and was lucky enough to be upgraded to pool suite 1. Pure luxury and everything I needed plus some.
I loved the fluffy robes, huge bath and coffee machine.
Breakfast was served on the terrace. Great
Such a romantic place.

• Stayed June 2014
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I got married at this hotel in 2012 and each year since, have returned to Les Deux Tours to celebrate our wedding anniversary as it never disappoints. We searched high and low for a venue and this came up trumps as the hotel and grounds are simply stunning and the staff cannot do enough for you to ensure you have a really special stay.
We were lucky enough to stay in a pool suite which i highly recommend, however, all the rooms are lovely - all totally unique but much bigger than your average hotel room. The beds are insanely comfy and huge!
The communal pool area is always buzzing with atmosphere as guests catch some rays and enjoy lunch or a cocktail. You don't usually want to leave the hotel much if you can avoid it, but if you do want to venture out of the Palmerie area, a taxi ride to the centre of town is approx 20 mins so not far at all.
Food at the hotel is great, but if you do want to eat out, the staff are great at recommending a restaurant that will appeal to your tastes and budget.
I cannot recommend Les Deux Tours enough and will return again next year without fail as it really is the best there is.

Room Tip: Suite number 2 is stunning but all the rooms are a good size
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Came with mother, aunt and cousin and had a truly marvellous time. Charming friendly staff, beautiful spacious clean rooms. Wonderful gardens. Bougainvillea, palms and jacaranda scattered around beautiful tiled courtyards where you can lie on four poster beds draped with linen curtains. Traditional architecture with high roofs, arched windows in gentle pastel shades of terracotta and muted ceramics. Never before felt compelled to write a review!

• Stayed June 2014
Jersey Channel Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

My wife took me and my daughter to Les Deux Tours having previously visited with 7 girl friends. I was not disappointed. The staff were exceptional and provided wonderful service. The grounds and buildings are almost colonial and each villa/apartment is unique and remarkably quiet, apart from goats and chickens and the call for prayers. The restaurant for breakfast and dinner is beautifully located in the open air and the food was very good. Ahmed provided quiet guitar and song in the evening which delighted my daughter. The pool area is quiet and peaceful and very relaxing, a contrast to the bustle of the Medina. Mustafa, Mohammed and Anis were all very helpful in french and English and Chantelle, such an elegant and chic lady, made sure that everyone felt special. A lovely end to our Moroccan holiday.

Room Tip: All good from what we could see. Good spa facility. Lots of families over half term but more coupl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My husband and I stayed for 7 nights in May. I had mentioned to the hotel prior to arrival, that i was pregnant and would be very grateful if they could make sure our room was a comfortable one. We had booked the junior suite. Upon arrival we were surprised with a room upgrade to a Residence Pool Suite!! It was a stunning room, clean, very spacious, a beautiful fire place, a very large terrace and stairs down to a little pool.
The hotel is surround by beautiful, lush gardens which over the course of the week we could see were tended to daily by many hands which is obviously the reason behind it being such a beautiful place to wonder around. The main pool area is idyllic, it's very peaceful and the pool itself its large enough to do some laps in if you want to and has steps and little coves to bask in the sun while keeping cool in the water. The only thing which i found a little frustrating was the pool service. There were staff around who clearly had the responsibility of checking the guests had what they wanted but not only did they rarely come, when they did come round, they didnt turn their head to check that no one else was trying to get their attention. It was as though they didn't want to see that someone else had an order to make. On more than one occasion i had to walk to the near by bar to place my drink order despite having waved my arms, even saying "excuse me!" fairly loudly to no avail. This really would be my only gripe.
In the evening, the bar area is such a beautiful place to sit and have a drink (their virgin mojito is a MUSTHAVE pregnant or not!). Around the bar they have so many little nooks and crannys to sit and have a drink, its certainly worth a little look around. The outside dining area (doubles as where you sit for breakfast) is just gorgeous. All the tables face the gardens which is so lovely to look at over dinner, once again peaceful, beautiful and relaxing. The menu options are great, something to cater for everyone. Their tajines are delicious, meat is the definitely the star of the show here. Breakfasts are fine, not perhaps as nice as i was expecting but to be fair they do offer pretty much everything. Fruit, toast, sweet things, cereal etc. You can also order an omlete which is prepared for you outside near the table and only on the second to last day i realised you could also order pancakes - very nice.
The service (apart from around the pool) was excellent, they are all so friendly and clearly want to make your stay as comfortable as possible. They have excellent reception staff who are ready to help you with any request.
From the hotel you can hire a guide to meet you at the medina and take you on a trip round the souks etc and even drop you off at a restaurant of your choice or his recommendation and finally ensures you get in the taxi back to the hotel. Our guides name was Aziz - larger than life guy, clearly known around the medina. Very nice guy, great english and really listened to what we wanted to get out of our little trip into the medina.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay somewhere outside the crazy hustle and bustle of the city centre, a stunning pool, excellent service which is only 10 min drive by taxi from where all the action happens.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Deux Tours? Share your experiences!