“what do you do when you find somewhere near perfection..” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

Save Saved
You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #116 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“what do you do when you find somewhere near perfection..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

.. but don't want it to be booked out when you next try to stay yourself? Having struggled with my conscience, I've decided to take the moral high ground and put on record here the high praise that the Deux Tours deserves. The bedrooms, gardens, pool area, dining areas, bar etc are all lovely .. the general ambience is one of staying in a old colonial / country villa belonging to a rich friend with very good taste .. old tiles, simple fireplaces that feel used (though not needed in the 35 degrees temperature when we were there), thick walls that keep rooms cool, lighting through clever skylights, courtyards with orange trees, bougainvillaea, frogs and turtles in the ponds .... and the beds were really comfortable. Perhaps the crowning glory is the cuisine - the quality of ingredients is very high (many vegetables grown in the garden which come fresh to your plate - at breakfast the kitchen staff walk past with a fist full of fresh herbs they've just picked and the scent is intoxicating) and the dishes are so well prepared .. and sufficiently varied that we happily ate there for virtually all meals during our stay (having tried a more lauded restaurant in town and found it wanting by comparison) ...and this is from someone who is a bit of a foody and has eaten at plenty of starred restaurants (though this is not, and does not aspire to be, a michelin star type dining experience). Having started cautiously by not eating salads, having drinks with ice in them etc, I was assured that the water was fine and so decided to eat everything - with no adverse consequences (best caesar salad I've ever had - the red mullet with artichoke salad was also fantastic). The massages were very good too. The only thing I sort of missed was a fitness centre (I'd come with the intention of doing some exercise to compensate for the sins of over-eating) .. but I can see that to put in a fitness centre building would be totally out of character with the style of the place so I was content enough to swim several lengths of the (delightful) pool instead. So, all in all, please don't too many of you book this place - I want it to be available when I next want to go!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

409 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

My partner and I were looking for a 5 day hit of winter sun. We wanted to be out of the Medina, the hustle and bustle, and wanted to get away from it all. Les Deux Tours not have delivered more in answer to what we needed. A gorgeous room with 2 private terraces...an enormous bed and bathroom were just the start. The staff are lovely, the communal areas, particularly the pool with 4 poster bed to boot- were dreamy. The restaurant was divine and we didn't feel the need to leave during our 5 day stay except for one evening- just for variety. Breakfast is included, and a help yourself buffet with a great deal of choice and Moroccan pancakes or omelettes cooked to your order. Our favourite thing about the hotel is that it can happily feel like your the only people there- so many and varied are the little nooks and hideaway rooms. We played Chess or pool in the evenings and had the rooms entirely to ourselves, even though the hotel was full. It was delightful and I hope we'll go back.

Room Tip: ask for one with a private terrace.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Les Deux Tours is a fabulously relaxing place to stay. The hotel was originally built as a group of luxury villas around courtyards and gardens...and this is what gives the place its unique feel. The accommodation is spread throughout the grounds, and as you walk around you discover delightful nooks and crannies for a quiet read of a book, contemplation or a romantic cup of Morrocan mint tea.

The manager Albrecht is an ever present presence, dispensing charm and informaton in equal measure, and the staff take their cue from him. They are helpful and on hand when needed without being intrusive. The food's great too! Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Book a ground floor room so you can pop out to the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

A real oasis in busy Marrakech. Travelled with my family and we were looking forward to some inspiration and luxury but still genuine and in style. We were amazed by the pool, the houses, patois, gardens and the atmosphere. Everything was very beautiful and well designed in a Marrakech style. We loved it. We had a spacious family room with a balcony and a fantastic bathroom. The birds' lovely singing woke us up every morning.
Everyone in the staff that we met were very kind and polite.
We had dinner twice at the hotel and it was absolutely ok but nothing spectacular. Go for the Tahine.
There was a shuttle bus for the Medina and central marrakech 3 times a day that we didn´t manage to catch since we were enjoying the breakfast on the terrace to long, but it is no problem to take a taxi from the hotel. It takes about 20 minutes.
So if you enjoy some genuine style, a bit of Marocko luxury, gardens and still life I definitely can recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Have just returned from our 2nd stay at this hotel within a month.. just cant stay away.. Hotel and grounds are lush and stunning, with a magical feel of lit candles at night. Good for a coupley romantic stay or alternatively for a nice group of friends.. Staff go out of their way to help you and accomodation covers all needs. If you are not lucky enough to stay in a pool side suite, the junior suites are also just a spacious.. Food was amazing.. we ended up eating here most nights as the quality and service was so good we did not need to look elsewhere.. I was especially looked after by the head waiter, having special dietary requirments, which goes a long way.. Overall, having worked in the travel industy and been fortunate enough to stay at a lot of 5* hotels, I would definately say this is one my one my fav's.. its ticks all the boxes.. extra advantage, its only 10 mins from the airport..

Suffolk, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We've just returned from 5 excellent nights with our two children staying at Les Deux Tours. Their first visit to Marrakech and it was the perfect location from which to explore this exciting city, whilst at the same time enjoy the tranquility and comfort of the hotel, pool and beautiful gardens. The hotel staff were brilliant at arranging us drivers and guides to explore and experience the many sights, which were just 20 mins drive away. The staff at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful and we were really happy with our room and the quality of food, especially the excellent lunch menu which was available until 6:30pm. We went to LDT based on personal recommendations and we are already planning the next trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Positives:
1) I was very impressed with the gardens. These days you learn not to trust too much what you read on a hotel's website or what you read in an advertorial about the place, but the gardens truly exceeded my expectations. I was still discovering parts of the hotel grounds on the last day of my 4 night stay.

2) Pool suite and rest of the hotel is very tastefully decorated

3) Restaurant staff are nice and respectful. Service can be a bit slow especially if you are ordering food to a location other than the restaurant. The live music at night is awesome and the musician is very nice too.

4) Food is at the quality you would expect for the price. Some interesting/unusual dishes worth trying. It's nice to see the chef personally going to the garden to pick ingredients for lunch.

5) Lots of rooms such as the parlour, the bar, games room, book room, relaxation den, terraces etc. to hang out in and explore

Negatives:
1) The level of service at the Spa is much much lower than the rest of the hotel. She was only in the room for about max 10 of the 60 minutes of our soin visage (she was also very heavy handed!). Same with the pedicure. I was left alone in the room for so long watching the minutes go by on my watch. I could have spent those precious minutes enjoying the gardens instead! Every time I arrived at the spa she would ask me to wait in the seating area while she chatted on her phone outside. Other staff also came into my treatment room to chat to her or hang out during my treatment which I found very odd. I have had many facials and pedicures in my time and this was the most unsatisfying experience, especially given the price. I wish I never bothered as I would otherwise have a better impression of my stay at the hotel

I notice that other reviewers have also picked up on how bad the service at the spa is every year since at least 2011.

2) Some reception staff were more helpful than others. With the others I pactically felt like I was disturbing their peace if I asked for anything and some pretty standard requests were not possible. (Tarik though was superb and always a pleasure to deal with!)

3) Before our stay here we stayed at another hotel in Morrocco where we also had a fireplace. It was lit without fail every night. At Les Deux Tours we had to ask for the fire to be started on all but one night. On a couple of nights we missed the 'Cut-off' time (once we missed it by just ONE minute!). On our last night the fire was lit but perhaps, according to another reviewer, the logs were too wet to keep the fire going so sadly, all we saw were embers and unburnt logs when we got back. If we were provided kindling and a lighter like at the other hotel, we would not have minded tending to the fireplace ourselves.

4) On one night the restaurant allowed a diner to smoke amongst other diners.

5) This is more a point to note as I'm not sure if this is protocol at the hotel, but on 2 of the mornings I was asked at breakfast by one of the head waiters what room we were in. I felt like he thought I was intruding and not supposed to be there, especially since we had told him our room number before...

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Deux Tours? Share your experiences!