1) I was very impressed with the gardens. These days you learn not to trust too much what you read on a hotel's website or what you read in an advertorial about the place, but the gardens truly exceeded my expectations. I was still discovering parts of the hotel grounds on the last day of my 4 night stay.
2) Pool suite and rest of the hotel is very tastefully decorated
3) Restaurant staff are nice and respectful. Service can be a bit slow especially if you are ordering food to a location other than the restaurant. The live music at night is awesome and the musician is very nice too.
4) Food is at the quality you would expect for the price. Some interesting/unusual dishes worth trying. It's nice to see the chef personally going to the garden to pick ingredients for lunch.
5) Lots of rooms such as the parlour, the bar, games room, book room, relaxation den, terraces etc. to hang out in and explore
1) The level of service at the Spa is much much lower than the rest of the hotel. She was only in the room for about max 10 of the 60 minutes of our soin visage (she was also very heavy handed!). Same with the pedicure. I was left alone in the room for so long watching the minutes go by on my watch. I could have spent those precious minutes enjoying the gardens instead! Every time I arrived at the spa she would ask me to wait in the seating area while she chatted on her phone outside. Other staff also came into my treatment room to chat to her or hang out during my treatment which I found very odd. I have had many facials and pedicures in my time and this was the most unsatisfying experience, especially given the price. I wish I never bothered as I would otherwise have a better impression of my stay at the hotel
I notice that other reviewers have also picked up on how bad the service at the spa is every year since at least 2011.
2) Some reception staff were more helpful than others. With the others I pactically felt like I was disturbing their peace if I asked for anything and some pretty standard requests were not possible. (Tarik though was superb and always a pleasure to deal with!)
3) Before our stay here we stayed at another hotel in Morrocco where we also had a fireplace. It was lit without fail every night. At Les Deux Tours we had to ask for the fire to be started on all but one night. On a couple of nights we missed the 'Cut-off' time (once we missed it by just ONE minute!). On our last night the fire was lit but perhaps, according to another reviewer, the logs were too wet to keep the fire going so sadly, all we saw were embers and unburnt logs when we got back. If we were provided kindling and a lighter like at the other hotel, we would not have minded tending to the fireplace ourselves.
4) On one night the restaurant allowed a diner to smoke amongst other diners.
5) This is more a point to note as I'm not sure if this is protocol at the hotel, but on 2 of the mornings I was asked at breakfast by one of the head waiters what room we were in. I felt like he thought I was intruding and not supposed to be there, especially since we had told him our room number before...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by a verdant domain of three hectares including Andalusian gardens, lily ponds and fountains. Les Deux Tours is impervious to fashion and the passage of time. We offer travelers seeking beauty and wellness a parenthesis out of time. Vaulted ceilings, arcades, terraces, hidden alcoves, colored tiles (zelliges), adobe walls and the whispering of fountains...Between shadow and light, Les Deux Tours creates an atmosphere imbued with the Orientalism of the best of times in Marrakech. This past was based on sensuous harmonies, gentleness, refinement and elegance. Les Deux Tours restores this past to the present combining the best elements of modern style, simplicity and good taste. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Les Deux Tours reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Les Deux Tours Marrakech
- Les Deux Tours Hotel Marrakech