“Just don't bother with the spa...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

Save Saved
You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #115 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Just don't bother with the spa...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Positives:
1) I was very impressed with the gardens. These days you learn not to trust too much what you read on a hotel's website or what you read in an advertorial about the place, but the gardens truly exceeded my expectations. I was still discovering parts of the hotel grounds on the last day of my 4 night stay.

2) Pool suite and rest of the hotel is very tastefully decorated

3) Restaurant staff are nice and respectful. Service can be a bit slow especially if you are ordering food to a location other than the restaurant. The live music at night is awesome and the musician is very nice too.

4) Food is at the quality you would expect for the price. Some interesting/unusual dishes worth trying. It's nice to see the chef personally going to the garden to pick ingredients for lunch.

5) Lots of rooms such as the parlour, the bar, games room, book room, relaxation den, terraces etc. to hang out in and explore

Negatives:
1) The level of service at the Spa is much much lower than the rest of the hotel. She was only in the room for about max 10 of the 60 minutes of our soin visage (she was also very heavy handed!). Same with the pedicure. I was left alone in the room for so long watching the minutes go by on my watch. I could have spent those precious minutes enjoying the gardens instead! Every time I arrived at the spa she would ask me to wait in the seating area while she chatted on her phone outside. Other staff also came into my treatment room to chat to her or hang out during my treatment which I found very odd. I have had many facials and pedicures in my time and this was the most unsatisfying experience, especially given the price. I wish I never bothered as I would otherwise have a better impression of my stay at the hotel

I notice that other reviewers have also picked up on how bad the service at the spa is every year since at least 2011.

2) Some reception staff were more helpful than others. With the others I pactically felt like I was disturbing their peace if I asked for anything and some pretty standard requests were not possible. (Tarik though was superb and always a pleasure to deal with!)

3) Before our stay here we stayed at another hotel in Morrocco where we also had a fireplace. It was lit without fail every night. At Les Deux Tours we had to ask for the fire to be started on all but one night. On a couple of nights we missed the 'Cut-off' time (once we missed it by just ONE minute!). On our last night the fire was lit but perhaps, according to another reviewer, the logs were too wet to keep the fire going so sadly, all we saw were embers and unburnt logs when we got back. If we were provided kindling and a lighter like at the other hotel, we would not have minded tending to the fireplace ourselves.

4) On one night the restaurant allowed a diner to smoke amongst other diners.

5) This is more a point to note as I'm not sure if this is protocol at the hotel, but on 2 of the mornings I was asked at breakfast by one of the head waiters what room we were in. I felt like he thought I was intruding and not supposed to be there, especially since we had told him our room number before...

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Our stay was just excellent. We loved our room with plenty of light, a huge bathroom, cool during the day and heated in the evening. The whole property is very well managed and maintained, the garden is huge and perfect, the pool area is clean and with a lot of quick and efficient staff ready for a drink, an extra towel, or help you with the sunbed. There are usually a lot of kids in the pool but we didn't find it too disturbing. The hotel has also a lot of rooms for reading, a nice bar indoor and outdoor, a snooker room and a very well equipped library. The staff at the reception is extremely kind and helpful (dinner reservations, arranging golf classes at the nearby golf club, arranging taxis etc)
The only negative aspect in our opinion was the food, across breakfast, lunch and dinner, which was below our expectations. The bread loaves at breakfast seemed old, all the food had the same taste, we generally recommend to go out for dinner. The lunch at the pool (club sandwiches, barbecue etc) is also quite average. To be honest we also found all Moroccan restaurants pretty underwhelming, so maybe it's just us that we don't like Moroccan food. A final improvement point would be to provide slippers in the room as the floors are all in stone.
Apart of these minor points we really recommend this hotel, we stayed there 6 nights and would definitely go back.

Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

It's about 20 mins from Marrakech. Ideal for golf. Hotel set in about 5 acres. Superb heated outside pool next to excellent "cafe" serving drinks and food until about 6 pm.
The well trained staff served a party of about 60 people on the Saturday night for dinner and that certainly contributed to the success of the evening.
The breakfasts are good and the bedrooms(some with log fires and plunge pools) are quiet, clean and well appointed.
Do not hire a car in Marrakech, hiring a tank is the safest option.

Room Tip: Try for a bedroom with a log fire.....the nights can be chilly. A torch is handy.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

A lovely stay; our room was well appointed and comfortable, the grounds beautiful, the service attentive and friendly and the food good. The various courtyards, where the rooms are, were lovely. Minor niggles - you can hear the people walking around in the room above - luckily the kids went after the first night! Also, the shower, while stylish with it's 'wet room' like enclosure, was a bit too public (no curtains or door) for two friends!

• Stayed March 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

My girlfriend & I had an excellent stay at Les Deux Tours hotel - March 2013 - staff were very friendly, warm & welcoming - hotel had a lovely vibe, pool was big & clean, spa facilities were excellent & food was home grown, organic, & good prices.
10 out of 10
Andy & Debbie

Hindhead
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

A fabulous hotel that gets full marks from us for customer service and quality.
We were originally given a very nice room that had a bath rather than a shower...we asked if it was possible to change and we were upgraded to a superb pool suite at no extra cost!
The staff were charming and friendly,the food was excellent and the hotel is set in beautiful well maintained grounds....I would imagine it would be very difficult to find a better place to stay in Marrakech!

Room Tip: Remember to request a room with a shower or bath.
warwickshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel has very pleasing and efficient staff . It is set in the Palmerie and is therefore quite a distance from town - but I knew this when booking . This hotel is indeed delightful but be aware this is very much a western "dream" of what Morocco is like - much sanitized and altogether rather a fantasy - but in fairness if that is what you want this hotel will hit the spot!

Couldn't fault cleanliness or service in any way .

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Deux Tours? Share your experiences!