“Sanctuary” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

Save Saved
You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #115 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Sanctuary”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This luxurious hotel provided a sanctuary away from the hustle and bustle of busy Marrakech. There were 6 of us celebrating our friend's 50th and we couldn't have been better served by the kind and attentive staff. The rooms, pool and grounds were of a very high standard and we all enjoyed a massage and private dining for Ali's birthday! We made use of the free minibus into the city centre to sample the suks, restaurants and riads but were always pleased to get back to our lovely hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We were looking for a place that could accommodate our need of a bigger room (we are a family), not far away from the city centre and where to really relax. We found all of it at Les Deux Tours, a wonderful oasis of peace far away from the bustling of Marrakech.
The food and service was excellent, not to say of the spa with its fabulous hamam treatment and the pool!
We'd definitively recommend it to all those families (but also couples) who wish to treat themselves in a sort of heavenhly place.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Milano
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Small, cozy hotel in the heart of La Palmeraie.
Staff and management very helpful, willing to please the guest.
Rooms are nicely decorated, large, clean.
Restaurant at dinner very romantic, and food very tasty.
Definitely a nice experience.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I read in Lonely Planet that this was one of the better hammam experiences, so I decided to give it a shot and also enjoy a little respite from the Medina. I had a pretty easy time booking a 1-hour hammam and gommage via email (steam, soap, scrub, mask and soak), and I read that with any spa service you can also enjoy the pool before or after. When I arrived via a 100 MAD taxi from the Medina, I was shown where the spa and pool were located. I grabbed a towel and a chaise under an umbrella at the pool for a half hour before my spa appointment. Very lovely and low-key setting and crowd. You can order drinks from the pool, too, should you be inspired. When I arrived at the spa, I waited about 20 minutes after my appointment before being helped but I was in no rush. I was eventually led to a changing room and given a pair of disposable undies to put on. I then spent about 15 to 20 minutes in the hammam (like a sauna but gorgeous marble and tile instead of wood) before my beautician, for lack of a better term, came to soap me up and scrub me down. Kind of awkward to be washed by another person but when in Rome.... Scrub was great, although you lie on a marble slab topped with plastic mats and do worry about sliding off! After that comes the mask of something yummy smelling and brown. I expected it to be thick but it was quite thin and stayed on another 15 minutes while I sat on a little plastic mat again atop a tiny stool. I was then washed again and put in the tub/mini-pool to soak, which I quite liked. Finally, I was washed one last time, wrapped in a plush robe and sent to relax on a chaise with hot tea and European magazines in a sun room. After about an hour and a half all said and done, I put my swim suit back on and returned to my spot at the pool until my taxi came back for me a few hours later. A pretty affordable yet luxe afternoon in the Palmerie!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

If you are looking for a wonderful boutique hotel in the palmeraie this is the place.
We stayed in a suite with Jacuzzi which was beautiful, so much room, including courtyard, daybed, huge room, bathroom etc, really tastefully decorated. Comfy bed, with clean linen everyday.
Albrecht and his staff are so friendly and helpful, the level of service is outstanding, from the waiters around the pool, to breakfast staff, all are so happy to help, always with a smile.
The shuttle into Marrakech runs 3 times a day which means you can mix up your visits into Marrakech, morning, afternoon and night. It's great to be in the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and retreat back to the magnificent pool. I could have happily lazed by the pool or one of the daybeds all day.
Breakfast is great, lots of choice and again great service. Ate in the restaurant a few times which is lovely with superb staff, but as others have mentioned ever so slightly limited, but what you can choose from is top notch. Loved the gardens, veg patch, grounds, billiards rooms etc. There are so many beautiful spaces throughout this place, from the reading rooms to the bar, everywhere is so peaceful, it never feels busy or crowded.
Book here if you want a relaxing luxury base outside the hustle and bustle of Marrakech. It's even more beautiful than the photo's, you will not be disappointed. We just can't wait to go back! Magical.

Room Tip: Room 39 is a suite with heaps of room and jacuzzi
Herne Bay, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds 15 mins outside Marrakech. Stunning pool in a large garden of winding pathways; imaginative planting; and lovely surprises like a day bed or an outside massage room just in a clearing. The food is great quality but the menu choice is small. The menu didn't change either, so, if you're there for a week, you do get slightly bored around the taste buds.

We had a hammam in the hotel spa and it was fabulous - highly recommended.

We also went the whole hog and had a pool suite. Oh, my, what a treat. You get your own little courtyard and pool to loll about in away from everyone else. Heaven.

The reception staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel has a shuttle buss that goes into town 3 times a day.

You might want to avoid a Saturday/Sunday stay? A nearby hotel produced pounding music from Saturday lunchtime to early Sunday morning, then from Sunday lunch to Sunday 6pm. Even in our courtyard retreat it was really intrusive. The hotel does know about the issue and says it is confined to Sat/Sun (certainly true of our stay) and that sometimes it's worse than other.

Room Tip: Bite the bullet and get a pool suite - it's such a treat!
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This place did not disappoint on any level.... Really impressed, lucky enough to have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world, and this, on every front, is up there. Example. Staff ( Mustapha) overheard that we didn't have enough sun cream , so unasked, off his own back he bought cream on his way into work and gave it to us! Really special people. Loved it. Jason

Room Tip: Not really crazy about jacuzzis ,so when we got the suite with one, tried to change it, DON'T! J...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Les Deux Tours? Share your experiences!