“excellent villetta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

Save Saved
You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #110 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
mill valley, california
“excellent villetta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We arrived at Les Deux Tours and were given a family suite. The only problem is that we were a couple alone. On talking to the manager he immediately upgraded us to a villeta with a private garden, jacuzzi hot tub and lanai with sleeping sofa. it was magical. the room was light and airy and made for a really comfortable stay.

Room Tip: splurge and get a pool villa. the main pool is great but it is wonderful to have your own space to...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

413 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

This is my first ever tripadvisor feedback and it is well deserved for the staff, owners and the property of Les Deux Tours. After spending a couple of weeks travelling around Morocco I booked this hotel as a way to re-charge my batteries before heading back to London and what a charge it was.

First lets just list all of the good points. Aircon was a dream and the room was nice and cold - secondly the room was clean - beyond clean - you could eat off of the floors clean- the property was pristine - with clean cool welcoming pools all over the property and one right outside my room (stayed in room 10). The food was great typical fair of cheese, meats, breads and omelet chef for breakfast. Dinner was amazing everything was good and after eating all over Morocco I could say that dinner did not disappoint - the staff were attentive and helped make my dinner choices easier - pigeon pie and sorbet were both top notch and the pea soup was out of this world. O.K. I could go on but yeah this place is a real treat and I would recommend booking and the price is a steal....

Word of note its about 15 minutes by taxi back to the Medina and Mohammed V street, however the hotel has a couple of free shuttles to the city per day and a taxi ride should be no more than 5 - 6 euro one way to the Medina about 150 to the airport and 100 to the train station.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at Les Deux Tours in March with my wife and we loved it so much that we canned our return flight and stayed an extra 3 days. We have stayed in the most expensive hotels in Morrocco but from now on I will stay here instead as it has just as good food and facilities and is a fraction of the cost. Also it has a far cooler, less stuffy vibe than places like La Mamounia. The owner / architect is a genius in my opinion and you can tell that Les Deux Tours is a real labour of love for him. Everything about the place exceeded expectations. The Hamam was the best ever and I have not found more helpful or friendly staff in any other Moroccan hotel, which is saying something as they are usually very good. We stayed in one normal room which was huge and then a "pool suite" with fireplace which was amazing. The manager is absolutely charming and while I was staying there he threw a cocktail party with free cocktails and delicious food for all the guests. We cant wait to go back and just writing this review has brought back all the lovely memories. I wish I could go to Heathrow and get on a plane this afternoon! Sadly will have to wait until next year.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

This was my first to Marrakech and I am definately going back to stay at Les Deux Tours. Everything about this boutique staff included is breathtaking and it makes you want to extend your holiday days. Me, my cousin, my mum and my friend all agree and each day was full of amazing surprises and we were(still are ) in awe. Its in right location is you want to away from the hectic the Median but still part within travel distance if you want to experience that part of Morocco. The staff are very polite,friendly and will do their best to cater to your needs. j'taime Les Deux Tour and this is the place to stay if you want calm, relaxed holiday with a touch of Medina nightlife. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Twin rooms with a patio and pool are the best as the boutique offers a lot of hidden little jems tha...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Essex, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I just returned from five days stay at Les Deux Tours and could not be happier. My new husband and I chose to get married there because of the beautiful grounds and helpful, friendly staff. I believe there was also a wedding before mine so reviews should not be confused. We got married on Saturday 9th June and it was a wonderful occassion with all of our friends and family. We stayed in pool villa 2 which was lovely although some of the space is spread out a little so you tend not to use it all. My favourite villa was 39 which has a jacuzzi and adjoining suite (no. 12) which is amazing if you can afford both, perhaps if you have kids or are close friends with another couple...
Albrecht, the manager, did a fantastic job of helping us to arrange a beautiful ceremony in the vegetable garden where all the vegetables served at the hotel are grown. We also enjoyed canapes and cocktails on the roof terrace and then a memorable wedding breakast on the terrace outside the main restaurant with amazing fire dancers. Nothing was too much trouble for him. The food was outstanding throughout the trip and some of my friends commented it was some of the best food they had ever eaten! Most of the staff have a good grasp of English and even if they misunderstand you sometimes, do everything with a smile. They even joined in with the celebrations, dancing and joking with our guests which was great.
Albrecht also gives great recommendations of restaurants to visit as part of your trip but you will be hard pressed to beat a meal at the hotel.
Many of my guests have already said that they would love to stay at the hotel again in the future and I feel so lucky to have been married there and look forward to spending many future wedding anniversaries at this stunning retreat. If you fancy getting away from the terrible UK summer, book in for a long weekend at Les Deux Tours and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pool villa 39 which actually has a jaccuzi but not a problem as you will spend of all time at the ma...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

A wonderful oasis just outside the frenzy of the city. Shuttle buses run into town if wanted or taxis cheap enough. Everything about the place is brilliant - rooms, beds, facilities, garden, pool, food, staff .....what more can I add. Wouldn't hesitate to return

Room Tip: All rooms are great but go for the best you can manage - more space , more terraces just more luxuri...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went to this lovely paradise for a wedding just a couple of days ago.
The place itself is a paradise! Fountains with lovely small animals, a large pool area, a restaurant with great food.
We had a great large room with two seperate bedrooms and a private terrace and some of the guests had pool suits which was amazing.
I didn't try the spa, although I heard lots of great (and bad) things from it, but it is definitely worth a try.

However there was some major factors in this trip that lowered my rating a lot!
The AC in the room was terrible! It was too cold (yes, I did try to turn it down), too noisy and yet it was too hot without it. The room itself was good, but not up to the standard that you would expect from this place.

During lunch, I asked for a drink when my food arrived. The bill came and I paid for two drinks, but I was almost done with my lunch before the beverage came. I even went to the restaurant myself to ask for it, but all I got is "it's coming".

But despite all this, NOTHING was as bad as the experience I got from the rude Hotel Manager!!
My friend sent in her £150 silk dress for ironing and it came back with horrible stains on it. It was so bad that it looked like she was sweating during the wedding, which was quite embarrassing for her. She tried to speak to the manager before the wedding to see if they could arrange some sort of agreement, but the manager quickly waved her off and said that he didn't want to argue at the moment. And believe me, my friend was not after argument, she is very polite!
Later on after the ceremony, she tried to explain the situation again, and by then he almost blamed on her saying that she souldn't be trusting them to iron a silk dress. This is when I stepped in saying that if they couldn't do the service right, they shouldn't be offering it at a hotel. His excuse was that this wasn't a hotel and that they were a non-star rate guest house (?). After a while my friend finally asked him to at least remove the ironing from our bill and pay £20 for her dry cleaning, which he agreed on.

Going back to our room, we found a note from the manager apologising for the inconveniece, a jar of marmalade as a gift and £20 for the dry cleaning. This felt really good and made us think that even though he was very rude, he still cared and kept his word. But when we went to the reception later on that night to pay our bill, as my friend had a very early flight, we realised that the ironing was still on the bill. She tried to explain the situation to the receptionist but not only did he not agree on removing it from the bill, but he also said "it's only 25 MAD". Sure that's not a lot of money, but it's the principal!

She then didn't have time to speak to the manager again as she had the early flight, so I did my best to speak to him and even though I was very polite, he said things like "I gave your friend a gift, so what is your problem?!" which made me feel like he only gave it to keep us quiet. When I explained that all I wanted was for him to do what he agreed on, he finally removed everything from the bill.
Although it made me very happy that he removed the bill and gave my friend money for dry cleaning, his horrible attitude made me wonder if it was worth it.

It's a shame to experience something like this when the receptionist Tarek and the waiter Abberahim took such good care of us and gave excellent service. I didn't even bother to take the manager's name after his behaviour and he did mention that most guests never complain to him and yet send angry letters. I can see why...!

Room Tip: Book one of the pool suits, it is definitely worth it!
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Les Deux Tours? Share your experiences!