“What a wonderful setting for my wedding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Les Deux Tours

You added Les Deux Tours to your Saves list
Les Deux Tours
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad BP 513 | Circuit de la Palmeraie, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Announcement
Click for details
Ranked #106 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Essex, UK
“What a wonderful setting for my wedding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I just returned from five days stay at Les Deux Tours and could not be happier. My new husband and I chose to get married there because of the beautiful grounds and helpful, friendly staff. I believe there was also a wedding before mine so reviews should not be confused. We got married on Saturday 9th June and it was a wonderful occassion with all of our friends and family. We stayed in pool villa 2 which was lovely although some of the space is spread out a little so you tend not to use it all. My favourite villa was 39 which has a jacuzzi and adjoining suite (no. 12) which is amazing if you can afford both, perhaps if you have kids or are close friends with another couple...
Albrecht, the manager, did a fantastic job of helping us to arrange a beautiful ceremony in the vegetable garden where all the vegetables served at the hotel are grown. We also enjoyed canapes and cocktails on the roof terrace and then a memorable wedding breakast on the terrace outside the main restaurant with amazing fire dancers. Nothing was too much trouble for him. The food was outstanding throughout the trip and some of my friends commented it was some of the best food they had ever eaten! Most of the staff have a good grasp of English and even if they misunderstand you sometimes, do everything with a smile. They even joined in with the celebrations, dancing and joking with our guests which was great.
Albrecht also gives great recommendations of restaurants to visit as part of your trip but you will be hard pressed to beat a meal at the hotel.
Many of my guests have already said that they would love to stay at the hotel again in the future and I feel so lucky to have been married there and look forward to spending many future wedding anniversaries at this stunning retreat. If you fancy getting away from the terrible UK summer, book in for a long weekend at Les Deux Tours and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Pool villa 39 which actually has a jaccuzi but not a problem as you will spend of all time at the ma...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Leeds UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

A wonderful oasis just outside the frenzy of the city. Shuttle buses run into town if wanted or taxis cheap enough. Everything about the place is brilliant - rooms, beds, facilities, garden, pool, food, staff .....what more can I add. Wouldn't hesitate to return

Room Tip: All rooms are great but go for the best you can manage - more space , more terraces just more luxuri...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

I went to this lovely paradise for a wedding just a couple of days ago.
The place itself is a paradise! Fountains with lovely small animals, a large pool area, a restaurant with great food.
We had a great large room with two seperate bedrooms and a private terrace and some of the guests had pool suits which was amazing.
I didn't try the spa, although I heard lots of great (and bad) things from it, but it is definitely worth a try.

However there was some major factors in this trip that lowered my rating a lot!
The AC in the room was terrible! It was too cold (yes, I did try to turn it down), too noisy and yet it was too hot without it. The room itself was good, but not up to the standard that you would expect from this place.

During lunch, I asked for a drink when my food arrived. The bill came and I paid for two drinks, but I was almost done with my lunch before the beverage came. I even went to the restaurant myself to ask for it, but all I got is "it's coming".

But despite all this, NOTHING was as bad as the experience I got from the rude Hotel Manager!!
My friend sent in her £150 silk dress for ironing and it came back with horrible stains on it. It was so bad that it looked like she was sweating during the wedding, which was quite embarrassing for her. She tried to speak to the manager before the wedding to see if they could arrange some sort of agreement, but the manager quickly waved her off and said that he didn't want to argue at the moment. And believe me, my friend was not after argument, she is very polite!
Later on after the ceremony, she tried to explain the situation again, and by then he almost blamed on her saying that she souldn't be trusting them to iron a silk dress. This is when I stepped in saying that if they couldn't do the service right, they shouldn't be offering it at a hotel. His excuse was that this wasn't a hotel and that they were a non-star rate guest house (?). After a while my friend finally asked him to at least remove the ironing from our bill and pay £20 for her dry cleaning, which he agreed on.

Going back to our room, we found a note from the manager apologising for the inconveniece, a jar of marmalade as a gift and £20 for the dry cleaning. This felt really good and made us think that even though he was very rude, he still cared and kept his word. But when we went to the reception later on that night to pay our bill, as my friend had a very early flight, we realised that the ironing was still on the bill. She tried to explain the situation to the receptionist but not only did he not agree on removing it from the bill, but he also said "it's only 25 MAD". Sure that's not a lot of money, but it's the principal!

She then didn't have time to speak to the manager again as she had the early flight, so I did my best to speak to him and even though I was very polite, he said things like "I gave your friend a gift, so what is your problem?!" which made me feel like he only gave it to keep us quiet. When I explained that all I wanted was for him to do what he agreed on, he finally removed everything from the bill.
Although it made me very happy that he removed the bill and gave my friend money for dry cleaning, his horrible attitude made me wonder if it was worth it.

It's a shame to experience something like this when the receptionist Tarek and the waiter Abberahim took such good care of us and gave excellent service. I didn't even bother to take the manager's name after his behaviour and he did mention that most guests never complain to him and yet send angry letters. I can see why...!

Room Tip: Book one of the pool suits, it is definitely worth it!
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Lincolnshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

What a wonderful place! This was our return visit to Les Deux Tours having stayed in October for a friends party of 27 of us..the poor hotel! We loved it then, & we loved it now. Superb attention to detail, wonderful & helpful staff, efficient & slick service, great premium suite, amazing food & wine, glorious surroundings and grounds, lovely pool, happy atmosphere all just fabulous. However, I hate to write this about one of my favourite places, but this is a fair & honest review, when we were there were LOADS of children & couples with young babies. I hadn't noticed this when we all but took over the place in October with all our friends, as obviously it seemed an all adult domain, but this time..wow..never seen so many. We were SO tired & needed relaxation, but no chance, quite literally as we were about to have an after lunch snooze, the kids descended using the pool as a playground, and they made a racket, diving, splashing & shouting...I wish we had paid the extra for a pool suite to escape them, as tranquil it was not...I guess you call it pay back time!! This was not the Hotel's fault whatsoever, I hasten to add, but when we go back for R & R, which we will, I will pre check how many families have checked in & if there are loads I will upgrade to a Pool Suite or stay somewhere else as it did become beyond a joke. My advice is that if you too want peace & quiet, do the same, but if you want take your kids & babies, work away! At one point there were four men swimming with their nappy clad babies..read into that what you will...There is quite a lot of improvements going on at the moment, & if I could recommend anything to the proprietor, it might be a good idea to have a play pool built & leave the main one to the grown-ups. I sound like the child-catcher, I'm not, there were some lovely, well-mannered children there too, & the babies were all delightful. I think we were just there at the wrong time!

Room Tip: Book a first floor room for privacy, & upgrade to a pool suite for tranquility.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Amersham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We had a truly wonderful stay at Les Deux Tours. When we arrived our room was amazing, set in a private garden with a jacuzzi, huge bathroom and very comfortable bed. The hotel is set in beautiful gardens with lots of places to sit and enjoy the peace and quiet. We took advantage of the shuttle bus into the Medina on a number of days which was great and meant we could see as much of the city as we wanted, enjoy the atmosphere and busyness of the Medina, but have the benefit of coming back to a lovely oasis, and a swimming pool, at the end of the day! It really did mean we could have the best of both worlds. The staff were so helpful and friendly and coped with my pigeon french with a big smile. The food was also wonderful, we didn't have one mediocre meal during our stay. The tagine's had so much flavour and the fish was amazing. I really couldn't recommend this hotel more highly. The atmosphere that they have created at Les Deux Tours makes you never want to leave. A great hotel run by really lovely people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Sedlescombe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

We liked everything about this place. Lots of alcoves and rooms to explore, beautiful gardens with little quirky touches, gorgeous authentic food & entertainment, excellent service. I would gladlly go back and bring friends.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

We went here for Christmas 2011, it was the best thing we could have done. The hotel is beautifully peaceful, the food and wine is amazing and the service excellent, it is a true oasis in a desert.
if you like hotels with atmosphere and character, somewhere to be spoilt, whether you are a couple looking for some 'alone' time or a family that wants something a little less 'full on', this is the place to go.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple