“How do you describe Eden?” 5 of 5 stars

Jnane Tamsna
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Ranked #163 of 480 Hotels in Marrakech
Chicago
“How do you describe Eden?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2006

My stay at Jnane Tamsna was glorious! It envelopes you in the mystery that it Morocco itself. Meryanne, the owner, has quite the eye for asthetics and detail. The lush, sprawling gardens, wind around the villas, adding an air of this mystery and comfort. The gardens grow organic fruits and veggies that will be on your plate. The food is most yummy and care is taken in the kitchen, with just the right spices and skill.
The staff treated me like a pasha, and I felt cared for and relaxed.
The big bath tubs are a great touch.
I felt like an old friend or a member of the family. Meryanne shares her house with you in the manner of the most gracious of hosts. I still feel the sun kissing my skin, near the bluest of pools, lined with palm trees and other greenery.
The only thing I can not credit her for is the double rainbow I saw
the day before I left, and the drums I heard in the background.
This was one of the most top notch experiences I have had in a good ten years of world travel. Jnane Tamsna offers such relaxation and peace, away from the bustling crowds in the Medina. I needed the rest, and when I got home to Chicago, everyone told me how "chill" I looked.
I would highly recommend this palace to the most discerning of travellers.
Brava Meryanne, and thanks for a great time!

• Liked — the grounds and the room
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Tips/Secrets — enjoy it all!!!!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2006

i made my second visit this year to Jnane Tamsna - a haven away from the noise and cacophony of the medina! Spent 5 days in the lap of luxury - fabulous food (healthy, organic, incredibly tasty!) I dont eat fish, and the chef always made an alternative for me - irrespective of the planned menu. The rooms were individually designed and decorated and every possible need was accommodated. I hosted a house party for friends and family - all of whom were overwhelmed at the quality of the houses, pools, and service! My thanks go to Meryanne, Ibrahim, Nene and Samila for making it such a wonderful and memorable stay. I highly recommend Tamsna as a 'home' while in Marakesch - only 20 mins from the Medina, and ample taxis (cheap too!) to take you there, wait for you and bring you home.

Everyone should stay at Jnane Tamsna at least once in their life ..... its an amazing experience. I'll be back next year !

• Liked — the beautiful rooms, attention to detail and calmness
  • Disliked — nothing - it was perfect in every way
  • Tips/Secrets — book early! its a great place and no one should miss out !
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2006

We enjoyed three nights at this luxury oasis in the Palmeraie, which certainly lived up to its reputation for the best in Morrocan 'chic' thanks to the direct influence of the owner, who was quite charming. We had an immaculate room with terrace in the main building, while the delightful gardens made it all very easy to relaxe by the swimming pool. The staff were always extremely friendly and helpful, while all the meals we had there were absolutely first rate - having a wife who is a professional cook, we tend to recognise the best!!
This is definately the perfect place to unwind from the stresses and strains of life, but also use as a convenient base from which to explore the souks and all the other gems of Marrakech, about 15 minutes taxi ride away. Sadly it all went too quickly.....

• Liked — Chic and relaxing Surroundings, charming staff and excellent food
  • Disliked — Can't think of anything unless the 15 mins taxi ride into Marrakech bothers you..
  • Tips/Secrets — try and get room with terrace
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2006

I stayed at this magnificent hotel/guest house with my boyfriend for 4 nights, and we never wanted to leave. From the minute we arrived till the minute we left we were treated so well and so personally it felt like we were staying at our own house. Our room was beautiful, with the perfect sized bed, bathroom and dressing area.
All the staff were so polite, and warm and welcoming and adhered to our every needs. To us the most brilliant part of the stay was the cuisine. Among the 3 swimming pools were extensive vegetable and herb gardens (which you could wonder around) and from this the lunch and dinner was served. Wonderful fresh vegetables, and fruits. Ther were no menus, you sat down at the table whether it be in the main courtyard of the hotel or privately by the pool, and three courses would follow, which were as always a total surprise.
All in all we had one of the best, most relaxing and romantic holidays and it was all down to this hotel. The owner was there during our stay, who was a lovely woman and she had designed the interiors of every room, and had a wonderful boutique which I just had to buy one of their trademark lanterns from!!
We will be reommending this beautiful and charming hotel to all our friends and family, and will definitely visit it ourselves again one day!
Antonia

• Liked — the food, the ambience, the personal style of all the staff and the style and design of the hotel
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Tips/Secrets — stay in the suite/villa with its own pool, but every room and its location is perfect
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple