We have just returned from this hotel for a one night stay. I have very mixed feelings about this place:
1. The rooms were very nice, lovely decorated. But dirty. The carpets had not been cleaned and were in a terrible condition, the toilet seat was not fixed to the toilet, one sink did not drain, the other was not connected properly so the water indeed on the floor. Lack of hot water. The copper shower had was clogged up.
2. Lunch and dinner are set menus, no choice. As you are far out of town and depending on the hotel to arrange transport for you (for a higher costs), you are more or less stuck. Lunch is 25€ per person, a glass of house wine 5€. High for what you get.
3. The staff at the restaurant was very pleasant.
4. No locks on the door - there are some reviews that mention locks and keys - we were not offered any and I feel uncomfortable leaving cameras etc in a room that I can not lock.
5. This could be a perfect honeymoon place - if they revamp it and make it worth the money again.
6. Although children are welcome, my children were reminded upon entering the pool to respect the other clients (2 people under a rather broken sun umbrella) - my children are very well behaved and had not made a single sound till then.
To be fair to the hotel, I have not discussed these issues face to face with them, as we we there to celebrate an 80th birthday and I did not want to upset the event.
I would have been more forgiving if the place would not be so expensive. For that amount of money, you can expect more.
- Also Known As:
- Jnane Tamsna Hotel
- Jnane Tamsna Hotel Marrakech
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The latest creation of Meryanne Loum-Martin, Jnane Tamsna comprises three houses - Jnane House, Moussafir House and Dar Ylane - with a total of 17 bedrooms within a walled garden. The property is located in a protected palm grove with spectacular views. The houses blend traditional interior courtyard architecture with the space, light and vegetation typical of the Palmeraie. Jnane Tamsa offers a romantic way to discover Marrakech and understand why it has become a legend. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Jnane Tamsna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.