“The perfect Wedding location” 5 of 5 stars

Jnane Tamsna
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Douar Abiad | La Palmeraie, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Ranked #136 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
West London
“The perfect Wedding location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Jnane Tamsna, what can I say, “A special place, close to paradise, an oasis”, these comments are not exaggerated, the rooms are beautiful and luxurious, each one different and exquisitely decorated. The gardens are lush and heavenly, with what seems like endless pathways with the fragrant smell of Jasmine, there is always something to see which will either interest or amaze you, and the place has a very tranquil feel with a relaxing home like atmosphere.
My daughter had her wedding at Jnane Tamsna 2nd June 2012, an event which surpassed everyone’s expectations it was truly wonderful, Jnane Tamsna offering the most beautiful, intimate and elegant surroundings for this special event, there were about 50 guests most staying at Jnane Tamsna for 3 -4 days, everyone was amazed by the spectacular wedding and the stunning venue. What makes Jnane Tamsna extra special is the people, Meryanne’s attentiveness and attention to detail; this is what made our stay and my daughters wedding truly memorable and outstanding - Meryanne, and All the staff – Thank you!
Samira, a special big thank you, for all you did for us, big kiss x
Everyone form the Wedding is hoping the first anniversary will be there, we would all love to go back, although I don’t think any of us need an anniversary as an excuse to return to paradise!

Room Tip: Which ever room you have you will not be disappointed, I would also recommend the food it was excell...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

We spent a week at Jnane Tamsna just before Easter as a family of three (with our 7 year old son). This was our first time there and the first time back in Marrakech since 2002. We loved it. It is a very special place. First of all it is absolutely beautiful and authentic. It is a long-term project of sustainable tourism that is true to the best Morocco has to offer driven forward by its extremely nice and interesting owners. It is esthetically beautiful. All the houses and rooms have been furnished with amazing taste and they feel like staying in a beautiful house. The garden is amazing and more generally we loved eating very fresh seasonal produce from the garden (and eating in the hotel more generally). The owners and the staff are extremely helpful but the set up is more like a luxury villa owned by friends than a hotel. It is definitely a place recommended to those interested in relaxing and immersing themselves in a Moroccan rythm in a beautiful place.
You spend the time reading by the beautiful swimming pools, lazying in the garden or in the communal areas without the sense of many people just waiting to serve you that sometimes one has in luxury hotels. I would also add that the place seems to attract lots of nice and interesting people so we soon found ourselves spending quite a lot of time with the other people we met there and our son ended up spending a lot of his time roaming around the gardens with his new friends!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

After driving 20-odd minutes from busy Marrakch through the arid Palmeraie district, one passes the gate to the sound of birds and the scent of blossoms and herbs, into a voluptuous garden in which Jnane Tamsna is nestled. The peaceful atmosphere of the place is one of the first things I noticed, but then, in rapid succession, came all the other wonders. I don't think I've ever been to a 'hotel' like this one before. It felt like a home - or rather, a dream home. A short review cannot do justice to its myriad great features: the overall decoration - luxurious yet understated, the garden - full of secret nooks and an astounding diversity of plants and mini-ecosystems, the rooms - peaceful and cool getaways from the bustling town centre, and the overall incredibly relaxing effect of its atmosphere. All the staff are wonderful: they learned my name the moment I crossed the threshold, and were always immediately attentive to my needs. As guests we can always see what is going on in the kitchen: fresh vegetables and herbs being brought in from the garden (I discovered that Jnane Tamsna is entirely self-sufficient for seasonal produce, and it is all organic), and the chef and cooks working to produce the delicious food. Another lovely feature of Jnane is that by some magic, the guests (all lovely when I was there) tend to get to know each other and hang out together. The sitting room is the perfect place to do so, with its 1001 nights-like canopied lounge chairs, large open fire place and free bar. By some kind of alchemy, its owners seem to have made Jnane into more than a hotel: it is an all-too-brief little taste of heaven. I cannot recommend it enough. I would go back to Marrakech just to stay there!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Basel, Basel-Stadt, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I am very lucky girl in the sense that I have had the opportunity to travel and stay in some pretty luxurious places... But this, the Jnane Tamsna I must say was out of this world! I was in awe as I entered this grandiose palace. We were welcomed with some mint tea and were given a tour of the grounds. Despite the grandeur the owners, Meryanne and Gary treat you like friends and make your stay very comfortable and relaxing. I can fault nothing, the rooms were gorgeous and the food was to die for! Make no mistake if you are looking for your conventional boring style Hotel then the Jnane Tamsna may not be for you but if you are looking for an experience of a lifetime than look no further!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My daughter and I treated ourselves to "summer break" in the middle of our Swiss winter. We were very intrigued to read about the Moroccan cookery course offered by the chef Bahija at Jnane Tamsna and are very happy that we signed up. Our jaws dropped as we crossed the threshold into this wonderful hotel. We admired our surroundings, whilst sipping our mint tea. We were then given a tour of the the gardens, tasting the various herbs that were being cultivated, on our way to the kitchen in the home of the the owners. We cooked together with other like minded guests from 11am until 3pm, by which time we were very ready to eat the authentic moroccan meal we had prepared. We were not disappointed! At €50 per head, it wasn't cheap by Moroccan standards but it was great value! We didn't stay in the hotel but what we saw of the rooms and the welcome we received during even our short visit was enough to persuade us that this would be amazing place to stay!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Hellerup
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Bordering on to the desert in the Palmerai, you will find a fantastic home-away-from-home private estate surrounded by landscaped gardens with bushes of rosemary and lavender, and orange, lemon and grapefruit trees. Jnane Tamsna has it all – beautiful individually designed rooms, various outdoor spaces, i.e. on one of the roof terraces, near by one of the five pools, or somewhere in the garden, where you can find your own intimate spot, and a very efficient end helpful staff who cares about making you happy. My husband and I have just returned from a 7 nights stay at Jnane Tamsna, and although we in advance had decided to make some excursions, we simply ended up spending most of our time on the estate, enjoying the peace and the beautiful landscaped gardens. Our days started with a run in the desert, followed by a private outdoor session of yoga, before breakfast. Lunch and dinner can be served according to your wishes in the restaurant, in the garden, or in your room in front of your fireplace. Jnane Tamsna is self-sufficient in organic vegetables, and the food is a splendid fusion between fine Moroccan traditions and the French cuisine. We loved the gesture of having bouquets of fresh flowers from the garden each day, and enjoyed the smell of white roses and jasmine in our room. The owners, Meryanne and Gary, live at the grounds of Jnane Tamsna themselves – and they are mingling with their guests in a very discreet way, making sure that each and everyone's needs are taken care of. We are already looking forward to our next visit at Jnane Tamsna.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

Just back from Jnane Tamsna, such a treat in the middle of winter ! I've been to that place many times, either for private stays or for business (I'm a photo producer and this place is so photogenic !) and I'm always reluctant to leave... Meryanne treats her guests like friends, with every special attentions that make you feel home, fireplace burning and hot tea when you come home in winter, home made lemonade in summer, the house keeps improving all the time, a new painting on the wall here, a new couch there, and every day the gorgeous inventive meals, even better when you think all vegetables come from the garden ! This time I had another surprise : the flower used for the home maid bread comes from Meryanne's farm, she and her husband decided to become self sufficient even for wheat, isn't that amazing ? Well, in case this was not clear yet, I LOVE THIS PLACE !

Room Tip: My favourite is the blue room, but try the Indian Suite, it's a dream...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

Been to Jnane Tamsna? Share your experiences!