Just returned from a week long stay in Marrakech. The hotel offered up disappointment after disappointment, easier to list than sentence:
- Wrong room - twin instead of double
- No information provided WHATSOEVER by the miserable receptionist in Oudaya 2 - not told of where restaurant was or dining times. We were just thrown the key to the wrong room
- No balcony when this was part of our booking
- Light switch did not work properly in our room - it flicked on and off constantly before it settled
- Only hot water out of the sink tap
- No hot water during the day and during random evenings from the bath/shower
- Shower holder fitting fell off the wall
- Air conditioner leaked and flooded our room
- Over charged on tax - we didn't think to ask for a receipt at the time and only found out later that we had paid too much. The moody receptionist from Oudaya 2 simply hand wrote another receipt with the correct figures and told us that is what we had paid and they would not provide us with an invoice.
- Short changed on some money we exchanged at the hotel (they later corrected this when we queried it, but it was some hours later that they phones to say they owed us more)
- Water and food from outside the hotel are not allowed, despite them offering no snacks and only minimal lunchtime options of about 4 sandwiches and 2 small pizzas. Not even water can be brought into the hotel.
- Food - Breakfast has minimal selection and consists almost entirely of pastries and bread. No cereal, fruit, hot food, yoghurts. Coffee tastes literally of dirt and the orange juice is watered down and has sugar added to it. Evening meals, I suspect, are re-heated as the menu is the same at lunchtime. Again, not much variety and whilst the meals taste okay, we suffered after and resorted to eating at McDonalds!
Our rep was from adventure holidays/low cost beds? The souks excursion involved looking around a couple of sites - palace bahia and the saadian tombs. There is not much to see at all here. The tour guide was very knowledgable but seemed to lead us only to "mates" shops who tried to pressure us to buy their things, instead of simply showing us around. The rep also gave us very late knowledge of booking an excursion and kept moving the times, which meant we potentially wasted a day hanging around the hotel. Also, their excursions are expensive - see if the hotel is offering anything and shop around first.
Overall holiday was good, but only because we did our own thing. Learn to haggle - it's good fun and no more than a week is needed in this place. After that, you have seen everything there is to see in the square and souks. The people overall were friendly in Marrakech, but you need to have your wits about you and don't believe anyone who "works in your hotel" and wants to show you the way- they want to take your money!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hotel Oudaya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.