“Pleasant getaway.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis

Save Saved
You added Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis to your Saves list
Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Casablanca | Quartier Semlalia, Marrakech 525 , Morocco   |
Ranked #345 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Pleasant getaway.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I traveled here with a friend for a few days over the July fortnight. We arrived Wed 9th July and departed 14th July. We got a great deal and the hotel was much better than we expected after reading some reviews. The location is pretty central for both old and new town and very close to the airport. The gardens and pool area are beautiful and there where lots of loungers to bathe peacefully. The main reception is very grand and there are lots of public areas to have a comfortable seat. The rooms and decor of the hotel were a bit dated but very clean and the air con was lovely. The staff where extremely helpful. The big downside was that the food wasn't great but there are lots of places near by. The menu was very limited and the drinks were reasonable enough in comparison with some other places in the area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

We had stayed 3 nights in a riad but it all became a bit too much. This is the perfect hotel to lie by the pool get a taxi into the old city instead of waking up in it and relax. Would highly recommend for a break from the hustle and bustle whilst still experiencing marrakech.

Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I traveled on my own as female traveler and stayed in hotel fpr 10 nights. I wpuldnt advise females stay on their own there.second day I checked in seemingly hotel staff was giving out my name and room number to random male guests. I hot phone calls to room, my facebook was flooded with friendrequests of people I didnt know and even got knocks on my door. And that was including male staff of actual hotel. Other than that I got what I paid for. It defenatley isnt a 4 star hotel. Pool area is extreemly nice and staff is very helpful (other than few creepy males).rooms where cleaned spotless and cleaners even organised my make up and jewelary which I didnt expext them to do but it was loveley anyway. I ate only brekfast in hotel I didnt trust meat beeing prepared there. So I cannot rate the culinary there other than pastaries beeing extreemly nice. I will stay in hotel again in september or next summer. It was convienent place to acces new part of town atm was out of order so I used hotel about 500 metres away. I cannot blame staff for ancient tvs and ancient "mini bars" . Hotel needs a revamp. Reception area was loveley . Wifi was stronger by spa area.

• Stayed June 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 in this hotel. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. Rooms immaculate. Towels changed and rooms cleaned daily. A nice pool, indoor and outdoor bar, indoor and outdoor seating, restaurant that served good food (although sometimes not warm enough!) with the exception of one rude batman in the indoor bar, staff were fine despite working very long hours.

Breakfast was ok, no toast though. The hotel is located towards the New Market and the taxi to the square cost us 50 dirhams each time. As the taxi drivers thrive on ripping tourists off, we used a regular taxi driver that was a bit more reasonable than the rest. This saves the headache of haggling and feeling ripped off.

I would go back to the Le Semiramis.

Stayed April 2014
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I booked the hotel last minute for a 6 night stay with my Mother. We didn't pay very much but to be honest it was not the 4* experience the hotel claims to be...

We arrived very late at night and the reception staff were helpful but we were disappointed by the room. Tired looking with some very outdated appliances. The TV showed about 3 channels and kept shorting out, there were 2 fridges as one didn't seem to work, the air con was non-existent and the beds were rock hard! We ended up putting a folded blanket and our duvet down to try and give a little extra padding. To no avail.
The light in the toilet didn't work and I had to go to reception 3 times over a day and a half and ask them to fix it. When the maintenance man finally appeared and my Mother asked him about the air con - he laughed and exclaimed that was as good as it got! You also have to pay and ask for a safety deposit key for your room - I've never had that in a 4* hotel! I'm glad we did pay as I spoke to a few other guests who had belongings go missing from their rooms....
The pool area is lovely and the gardens are very well maintained but the pool is a bit shabby with missing tiles. Also, the sunloungers don't have cushions and you have to pay a deposit for your pool towel (which is very scruffy and tiny so bring your own!). There was also a habit of groups of young men arriving at about 4pm and setting up camp with a shisha pipe and music. So avoid the garden end if you want peace and quiet!
The food was interesting....breakfast was pretty good although the lady who cooks the omelettes usually under cooked them! The pastries are very nice though.
Lunch buffet was ok and the food on offer for dinner was pretty poor. I had a penne carbonara - which I admit was an error ordering - but it was pretty vile. We decamped to the hotel next door for dinners and they were great!
Overall, I went for the sun and to have a relax. Had the beds and sunloungers been more comfortable then I wouldn't really have cared about the rest. My Mum and I ended up joking about things like the reception staff ignoring us for 10 mins when we tried to check out and the 'the fairy breath' air con in the room. It has the hall marks of a hotel that with a bit of TLC could be really nice, but the effort seems to have gone. It needs some money spent on it for it to actually be a 4*. It's a 3* at best...

Room Tip: The hotel opposite - Tichka!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a great 14 day holiday. The staff are so lovely and go out of there way to help you. We stayed half board and was not disappointed. The food was great ,and plenty to choose from. Mustafa the chef is a lovely man,and explains all the food for you. The gardens and swiming pool are beautiful. If your looking for a hotel a little way from the great madness of Jamel efna this is a perfect choice. Thanks for a great holiday will be back.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My sister and I holidayed at the Hotel Semiramis over a 4 day period for her birthday..... To be honest apart from the pool the rest of the place was a letdown..... Right from the moment we arrived the hotel receptionists...(all of them!!) were really unfriendly, totally unhelpful and at times..... Plain rude!!...... In the end we dreaded having to ask for anything......
We had a laughable excuse of a visit for a massage and hammam....... I was left in an empty room for 15 minutes waiting for a hammam. ...... The lady then came back and asked me how it was???.... How what was???...... She then proceeded to give me a 10 minute massage..... Left the room and returned 10 minutes later and ushered me out...... My sister had a massage..... That lasted 15 minutes...... although the lady left the room 3 times to go and answer the phone...... It really was a total joke!!!...... 1 we were not prepared to pay for!!!!

• Stayed May 2014

Been to Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis? Share your experiences!