“A Nice Hotel with Friendly Staff” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis

Save Saved
You added Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis to your Saves list
Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Casablanca | Quartier Semlalia, Marrakech 525 , Morocco   |
Ranked #343 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
hornchurch
“A Nice Hotel with Friendly Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I stayed at the hotel from monday to friday over Christmas. I went with the intention of getting away from the hassle of Christmas and I was not disappointed.
The hotel was very clean and the room was spacious. Although it was above the reception and a nearby cabaret club, the noise levels were satisfactory. In the height of summer with the balcony door left open, it might not be a good idea to be so close to the front of the hotel but I had no complaints. The bed was extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean.
I was given fresh flowers in the room on the first day which was a lovely touch.
Breakfast was buffet style with a huge selection of hot and cold. There was a buffet meal on the first night which was also very nice with a fair selection.
The hotel has a comfortable bar and the drinks were reasonably priced.
The pool area is lovely but the pool is not heated so was too cold to swim in over Christmas even though the air temperature was about 22C.
I was travelling with a group of adults and the hotel was fine. If I was travelling with children I think I would probably choose somewhere a little nearer the main square in Marrakech as I do not think they would find much to do.
It was a little out of town but only about 15 minutes at the most in a taxi to get to "The Square" and souks. Taxi fares were very cheap and you would not have to pay more than about £3. Bartering is an essential part of taxi negotiation!
I was disappointed that I could not get Wi fi in my room. There were only a few areas on the ground floor that you get a signal. The duty manager saw me struggling and could not have been more helpful. He was an absolute gentleman and even assisted me with the keyboard on the public computer as I was struggling with the different lay out! How rare to find such attentive staff and I was extremely grateful to him. He deserves a special mention!!!

Room Tip: A room overlooking the pool at the back of the hotel would probably be nicest.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

The hotel claimed to be 5* but is actually a 4* but in reality 3* the room was comfortable but dark so needed the lights on all the time in the room and they did clean the room and changed the towels every day. This is not a family hotel so don't take your children whatever their age there is nothing for them to do. I went with my daughter and my grandchild who is nearly 2 years old. The only activity for children and toddlers is a small freezing cold pool, make sure you bring a travel kettle to make babies and toddlers milk, you will have to ring room service or conceirge which becomes tedious but helpful. I had all inclusive which helped but some of the staff seemed confused and thought I had to pay for certain items.
This hotel is for couples or single people who want to do nothing but relax and sleep.
Food was hot and rotated so it did not seem like you were eating the same food every day but me and my daughter ened up having diarrohea and so did the other guest luckily my granddaughter didn't eat much but had her toddler powder formula. I would advise you don't be fooled by the pictures the surrounding is not bad but all is not what it seems you make your choice you pays your money. I WON'T BE GOING BACK.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

When me and my husband decided (very promptly) to go to Marrakech and booked the flight and this hotel, only after we decided to check out the reviews. And were a bit worried, as there were many negative ones. So I decided to write my own just for those who like us, already booked and now is reading the reviews, petrified.
The hotel is not horrible. Yes it's probably not 4star hotel as they call themselves, but 3 stars I would give without any hesitation. Besides, I think that on the Moroccan scale it's maybe even better.
It has a lovely pool and nice pool area. Yes, the loungers are a bit scruffy indeed, but who cares? After you put a towel on it, it feels like any other Lounger chair. The rooms are shady (very handy) and the conditioner worked fine. The towels and the bedding was changed every day, cleaning on the room was very thorough.
Wifi in the room without any fiddling with passwords. Couple if restaurants and a bar. Very nice balconies in every room with somehow warm stone floor. The hotel is really ok.
The only downside for me was the real lack of fresh vegetables - every day for breakfast and other buffets the only fresh vegetables available were wilted lettuce and wedges of tomatoes (wilted as well), and sometimes cucumber cubes. This is all. A big strange for a hot country. The fruit assortment was also surprisingly disappointing: only oranges and melon. I thought in countries like morroco there are fruit aplenty. Again, if you're not fussed about fruit and veg, it's not a downside for you then.
The halls of the hotel smell a bit of food all the time, But this is I think because of the style the hotel is built. It's fine as soon as you're inside your room.
The location is also good. It's on one of the main streets, going from the railway station, so it's easy to find your way to the centre of Marrakech going on foot, but at the same time quite far away from the centre to make the place quiet.

• Stayed October 2012
Norfolk
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Spent a week at this hotel from the 11th October 2012. Although the hotel is listed as a four star it is only to three star standard.
The bedroom was clean and the maid service brilliant although she made a point of bringing flowers to our room the day before we left and we felt that this was to make sure she received a tip. Sheets and towels were changed daily.
Our mini bar was unstocked and the room did not have tea making facilities.
The food in the hotel could be boring at times. When they actually cooked Morroccan food in tagines it was very good and hot. However when they served the main course for the evening in the silver square heated servers is was only luke warm. One evening there was only fruit for sweet.
If you were unfortunately to have a room on the left side of the hotel (ours was 138) the en-site disco could be heard thumping away from midnight to six am! The DJ also liked to join in with the "garage" type music.
The pool area has plenty of loungers but no mattresses and again very loud music is played around 4pm onward.
There is a small bar near the restaurant where we had coffee or a drink after our meal. However this seemed to be taken over by locals watching the football on the tv screen who came into the hotel every evening. We felt very uncomfortable one evening in there so stopped using it.
Overall the staff were very friendly and helpful but this is not a hotel I would return to again.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room overlooking the rear garden facing pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Albeit dated, this hotel offers a great value for the money. The pool area is very impressive and the service is quite good. Our room was spacious and clean. The location isn't the best, but you can always grab a cab to take you to the medina (city center.)

For the money, this hotel is a steal. I recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Pickering, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

The first room we were given was the absolute worst and we were sharing with a family of wild cats!! After hotel staff removed them in a very distressful manner and we threatened to leave we were shown to another room / suite which was beautiful. The pool area and bar are ok if a little bit shabby. The food was ok but not the greatest. All in all everything about the hotel was ok but not the greatest. By far the biggest problem we had in Marrakesh was being ripped off by the guides both official and non official. All are clearly on huge commissions from the shops they choose to take you to, where prices are greatly inflated and whoa betide you if you want to shop elsewhere. The best thing about Marrakech...............the amazing architecture and wonderful atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you don't like the room you've got, complain, they definitely have some lovely rooms!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

I paid around £39/day. I found it to be good value for money. The breakfast becomes very boring after two days - there is no variety. Check-out time was 12noon but our flight was at 4:50pm and the receptionist allowed us to stay longer without extra charge. There is 25dihrams/day charge for the safe in the room if you want to use it . Swimming pool is good.Try the small kebab shop outside the hotel. When you come to the main road turn left and pass the petrol garage. It is adjacent to the garage hidden behind the trees.Hotel looks dated.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the garden or pool.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Marrakech le Semiramis? Share your experiences!