“Amanzing! ;)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amanjena

Save Saved
You added Amanjena to your Saves list
Amanjena
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Route de Ouarzazate, km 12 | Amelkis, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #135 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
New York
“Amanzing! ;)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

I haven't written a review in while but everyone who wants to know should know that this hotel is amazing. I wasn't sure where to stay and went back and forth over and over with my travel agent before we left. There are so many incredible hotels in Marrakech, and let me tell you this hotel is out of this world. I seriously loved, loved, loved every minute of it. They are so warm and endearing and hospitable and just amazing. I can't say one bad thing, not one. We travel soooo much and this is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in. Aman properties are superb and this place just lives up to it. Any questions or concerns send me a message. Best decision we made was staying here, wish it was for longer. Hope to be back next May for my birthday! So jealous of anyone who stays here!

Room Tip: Even the lowest category room is gorgeous and ginormous.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in 2011. It is a little way out of the city of Marrakech but the complimentary mini bus was a godsend. From the moment the plane landed on the tarmac and we embarked the plane we were greeted by the staff from the hotel. Our luggage was collected for us and the luxury treatment began.

The villa was superb. We had a two storey large two bedroom villa with a pool.

The service is second to none. I have not stayed anywhere else where the service came even close. We were treated like family.

The restaurants are all excellent. You have to try the chocolate fondant in the thai restaurant that's all i'm saying.

This hotel is one of the best in the world and has a high price tag to show for it. But I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

If there is a criticism its that everything is for an additional price. I think the room price should include the breakfast.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who can afford it and also to couples planning a honeymoon to remember. It is everything you could possibly want

Room Tip: Anywhere is great
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Late May, looking for a quiet, relaxing week in the sun not too far from the UK. Wanted a private pool, serenity, pampering. The Amanjena filled the bill perfectly. We took a pool villa, a beautiful 3000 sq ft compound that included a whopper of a master suite, a huge outdoor lounge area where we had room service breakfasts and lunches every day, and our pool. All glowing reviews of the immaculate grounds and facilities are correct: the place is gorgeous, the villas fabulous and most of all, super peaceful, the food excellent. We ventured out only once, for a drink at the Mamounia, which although beautiful, is a totally different experience. If you want peace and quiet away from the bustle in an beautiful setting and exceptional, personal care, Amanjena is the place. No bling, no 'scene'. This is a discreet, subtly elegant place. And what stands out particularly is in fact the service. The staff are, without exception, wonderful. We were made to feel at home from the second we arrived. Friendly, warm, professional, and incredibly helpful. Every request (and, trust me, we had a few, starting with room service and some rather complicated vegetable and fruit juices every morning) was greeted with an unreserved "Of course." One very special place, a winning combo of beautiful design and superlative service. Definitely intend to be back very soon.

Room Tip: If you're taking a pool villa (the reservations manager is going to kill me!) I'd go for a w...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Gallarate, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Third time in Aman resorts, amanpuri (thailand) amanusa (bali) and now amanjena in marakesh. Always the best, the architecture is amazing and as soon as you step in the first time your eyes need of an extra job. What a wonderful place, difficult to destcribe. And even here in amnjena a breathtaking setup is always around you. The room can be understood only from people who the style of aman resort because are gorgeous. Expensive with no doubt we are really close to perdection.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Amanjena, as in all Aman hotels we've tried, was near perfect with extraordinary service from beginning to end, perfect rooms and wonderful food in both the Moroccan and Thai restaurants. Pool is amazing and a welcome respite as the temperature in April was over 100 (41c) so we limited our touring to the morning.

Room Tip: Except for 2br villas all rooms are the same.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
BigginsBoy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

I am currently sitting at the Amanjena. It's the last of my 5 days here and I have to say this place is as good as it gets. Tranquil location, palatial room, literally dozens of staff who cannot do enough for you and currently perfect weather. A rockstar at the pool (one of my idols so I'm biased there), trip arranged into Marrakech with a great guide, surprise cake on my birthday......... I could go on.

This is the 2nd Aman resort I have stayed at. The first was in Phuket. I love the fact there are no bills to sign and the staff remember your name - it feels like visiting someone's home rather than a hotel. Even though the hotel is almost full you feel like there is almost no one here. Don't come if you like people watching. Do come if you want to relax in private.

The price is eye watering and nothing is cheap when you get here - but if you can then my advice would be you should visit.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Amanjena once in April of 2011 and again in May of 2012. We tried to find another resort to tempt us away from returning to the same venue but nothing came close. The first time we stayed in a basic one room villa with small private courtyard and fountain. The second time we were upgraded to a two story huge villa with two bedrooms, a large living area and gorgeous private pool! The upgrade was complementary and is typical of the stellar service Aman resorts bestow upon their returning guests!
Both of the times we stayed at the Amanjena, we experienced the same amazing service, peaceful relaxation in a luxurious setting and enjoyed delicious meals. What more can you ask for?
There are three (Poolside for lunch & breakfast, Thai and Moroccan) restaurants on the resort and you never have to worry about booking in advance. The staff bend over backwards to give you whatever you ask for. Both times we traveled with our young son who required meals that weren't on the menu but it was never an issue. The quality of the food is what you would expect to get in a 5 star resort.
The service at this resort is exemplary, from the greeting at the airport when you land (staff whisks you through immigration and into a waiting luxury vehicle) to the time of your departure when a big group of the staff gather in courtyard to wish you safe travels and farewell. Upon entering your room for the first time, there is always a complementary bottle of wine or champagne with a lovely note from the GM who will take time to come and greet you in person during your stay. The room is fully stocked with a Nespresso machine, daily filled bowls of nuts, dates and fresh fruit and of course bottled water, all complementary.
The gym on the property is small but never crowded so my husband and I were able to get a daily workout in. The spa is well laid out and provides all the basic services (massage, facials etc) including traditional Hammam.
There is one large pool on the property which is very peaceful as many the guests have their own private pools so there is the option to sunbathe in the privacy of your villa on at the main pool.
One of best things about this resort aside from all the obvious which I mentioned above, was the amazing nanny who cared for our son during our stay, she was so lovely and wonderful with him and it was one of the main reasons we chose to return to this hotel. The staff here are all wonderful and go out of their way to make you feel at home, cater to your every whim and do so with smiles on their faces. It is the little things like this which can make or break a holiday.
If you are looking for a stress, hassle free, luxurious, peaceful and relaxing holiday and are willing to pay the price, this resort is for you! I would not think twice about returning for a third time.
I have also stayed at the Amanusa in Bali and the Amanpuri in Phuket and while they both stunning properties and are sublime in their own right, the Amanjena is truly special!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Amanjena? Share your experiences!