“AN OASIS” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amanjena

We can't find prices for this hotel
Amanjena
You added Amanjena to your Saves list
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Route de Ouarzazate, km 12 | Amelkis, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #148 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“AN OASIS”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

All the Aman touches are here in spades, from the personal welcome from the GM (the newly installed Gabriel Lousada who comes to Amanjena from Amanruya) to the exquisite habit of waving guests off as they leave, Amanjena comes up trumps.

The villas are palatial, the entire complex is a vintage Ed Tuttle designed epic. Sprawling and generously sized with reflecting pools at every turn and a huge central bassein with carp and a resident heron, Amanjena is sensationally imposing, if a little unnerving when it's empty as it was when we stayed in late 2012.

We took over the specially installed Berber tent for one of our evening meals and dined amongst candlelight serenaded by a traditional trio which was a ludicrous indulgence but intensely evocative and memorable. The food was delicious - the best pastilla in Marrakech. The service as always was exemplary, last minute changes in guest numbers were handled with aplomb and the kitchen whipped up a sensational display of extravagant cakes, spun sugar and tiny puddings as as extra surprise for the guest of honour on her birthday.

An outstanding experience in every respect - congratulations to the entire Amajena team.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent 4 nights with our kids of 9, 7 & 2 at the Amanjena.
This is not a Club med but the kids enjoyed anyway the villa with private pools, the gardens and the big pool. Great service, great food, great people.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at Aman Marrakech in June 2012. It was the most over-rated hotel I have ever stayed in - and I stay in hotels at least 150 nights each year. It cost $1,200 per night, occupancy was less than 10% and the food had been frozen at the beginning of the Summer (low) Season and they re-heated it in the micro-wave .... unbelievable. The whole family got sick from the food and we don't think we would ever stay in an Aman resort again ... and based on their occupancy of 10%, others are also voting with their feet. The Four Seasons and La Mamounia are far better - although the food wasn't great at either, but far better than at Aman. Aman is also a country mile from where you really want to stay - in the central tourist area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed five nights in October. This was our 2nd visit to Amanjena and it was wonderful to come back after 11 years. The resort is even better now and a real oasis - a wonderful place to relax after enjoying the sights of Marrakech and surroundings.

Pavilions are spacious and beautiful. I love the bathtub with view to a small lemon tree and the ample storage space in the wardrobe. Beds are very comfortable (request a mattress topper if you like softer beds) and housekeeping does a great job in keeping everything immaculate and constantly refilling the complimentary snacks. Appreciate the Nespresso machine as well, as I cannot get out of my bed without a coffee.

Food really tasty and service very quick and friendly with great recommendations and flexibility if one would like to eat something that is not on the menu. We enjoyed most of our meal outside being able to see and experience what I consider is the most beautiful of the Amanresorts at night with all the lights and local musicians to entertain. We also ordered room service a number of times which was always correct and quick with table set up just as we would prefer.

Excursions are excellent. We had two half day visits to the medina with the great guide Hassane (German speaking and very friendly, flexible and knowledgeable) in additiono a memorable visit to a berber home in the Atlas mountains enjoying the marvellous view and great home cooked traditional meal.

Pool was wonderful and warm with great service all the time. Gym sufficient, but a larger one would of course be better. Tennis courts excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Aman treats is its guests like royalty. Service at this resort is one of the best I've encountered.
Rooms - Room are villa style, we had a village with a patio, the room size very large, the bathroom is gigantic, the style is rustic Morrocan but very well done. Made me want to replicate the room at home. Every night the hotel left a little gift for us.
Spa - average massages
Pool and gym - the hotel has a large outdoor pool and a small indoor gym with a few treadmills and a bike
Food - Delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they serve the best dates
Internet - WIFI throughout the whole hotel
Ambiance - Luxurious, Morrocan feel, there are reflective pools throughout the whole hotel
Service - they cater to your every need, we wanted our kids to ride camels so they brought the camels to the hotel for the kids to ride them. They also organized a private dinner for us under a tent with snake charmers and musicians. You almost never have to leave the hotel.
The hotel is expensive but it is worth every cent.

Room Tip: All villas are great, if you can afford it, get a villa with a pool