“Shocking - Frozen food” 1 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Amanjena to your Saves list
Orbitz.com Expedia.com
Amanjena
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Route de Ouarzazate, km 12 | Amelkis, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #133 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Melbourne, Australia
“Shocking - Frozen food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed at Aman Marrakech in June 2012. It was the most over-rated hotel I have ever stayed in - and I stay in hotels at least 150 nights each year. It cost $1,200 per night, occupancy was less than 10% and the food had been frozen at the beginning of the Summer (low) Season and they re-heated it in the micro-wave .... unbelievable. The whole family got sick from the food and we don't think we would ever stay in an Aman resort again ... and based on their occupancy of 10%, others are also voting with their feet. The Four Seasons and La Mamounia are far better - although the food wasn't great at either, but far better than at Aman. Aman is also a country mile from where you really want to stay - in the central tourist area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

110 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed five nights in October. This was our 2nd visit to Amanjena and it was wonderful to come back after 11 years. The resort is even better now and a real oasis - a wonderful place to relax after enjoying the sights of Marrakech and surroundings.

Pavilions are spacious and beautiful. I love the bathtub with view to a small lemon tree and the ample storage space in the wardrobe. Beds are very comfortable (request a mattress topper if you like softer beds) and housekeeping does a great job in keeping everything immaculate and constantly refilling the complimentary snacks. Appreciate the Nespresso machine as well, as I cannot get out of my bed without a coffee.

Food really tasty and service very quick and friendly with great recommendations and flexibility if one would like to eat something that is not on the menu. We enjoyed most of our meal outside being able to see and experience what I consider is the most beautiful of the Amanresorts at night with all the lights and local musicians to entertain. We also ordered room service a number of times which was always correct and quick with table set up just as we would prefer.

Excursions are excellent. We had two half day visits to the medina with the great guide Hassane (German speaking and very friendly, flexible and knowledgeable) in additiono a memorable visit to a berber home in the Atlas mountains enjoying the marvellous view and great home cooked traditional meal.

Pool was wonderful and warm with great service all the time. Gym sufficient, but a larger one would of course be better. Tennis courts excellent.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Aman treats is its guests like royalty. Service at this resort is one of the best I've encountered.
Rooms - Room are villa style, we had a village with a patio, the room size very large, the bathroom is gigantic, the style is rustic Morrocan but very well done. Made me want to replicate the room at home. Every night the hotel left a little gift for us.
Spa - average massages
Pool and gym - the hotel has a large outdoor pool and a small indoor gym with a few treadmills and a bike
Food - Delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they serve the best dates
Internet - WIFI throughout the whole hotel
Ambiance - Luxurious, Morrocan feel, there are reflective pools throughout the whole hotel
Service - they cater to your every need, we wanted our kids to ride camels so they brought the camels to the hotel for the kids to ride them. They also organized a private dinner for us under a tent with snake charmers and musicians. You almost never have to leave the hotel.
The hotel is expensive but it is worth every cent.

Room Tip: All villas are great, if you can afford it, get a villa with a pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

So very peaceful and private. I felt renewd after my stay.
Wonderful staff and manager who chose us a good guide to take us shopping who protected us from sellers.
transport to visit other restaurants.
I did not like trip to mountains to view a local house, very bumpy ride and little to organic sorry. Should have stayed in the luxury of hotel. That will teach me, wanting to see how real people live in Marrakech!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I didn't stay here unfortunately but my partner and I went for a meal here. My sex and the city love took me to this dream place.

The service was out of this world. I've never felt so looked after.
The staff were fabulous and very polite.

I've never eaten food as amazing in my life. Perfection.

The hotel looks amazing and is very romantic.

I have to go back to Amanjena sometime in my life. Fingers crossed I can stay there some day but for now I'm more than happy to soak up the hotel for a meal.

You simply have to visit Amanjena. Total luxury.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were at this hotel for 10 days and were amazed at the level of quality, attention, and tranquility. This is not a family place as it is super quiet. The staff there impressed us every day in every which way possible. From arranging private tours in their small fleet of Mercedes cars to a private celebration for my wife’s 40th in the middle of the golf course under a tent. Never raved about a hotel like this before. There is no doubt the hotel is expensive, but there are also only about 40 rooms (80-100 guests at full capacity) so every need you may have is attended to by their 200+ staff. We stayed in the Pavillion Picine room and they included 3 meals in our daily room rate which was unexpected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is really beautiful and perfectly kept, the staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurants serve very nice food with excellent service. But there are significant negatives. The first is the location of the hotel. Yes it is only a short drive to the city center but the city felt quite inaccessible partly because the hotel doesn't recommend guests to use taxi for security reasons. Therefore if one takes the hotel's view seriously which we did, one's only means of transportation is hotel cars which adds a huge premium to the bill. It was probably a safer policy by the hotel however it was quite inconvenient for the guests, Merrakech felt too far away and unreachable. We came here for our anniversary so we thought a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Merrakech was a good idea. But it was too "not Merrakech" as one review pointed out which I fully agree. The second negative is, we felt, that the service, although very professional, was simply not personal enough which one would expect at this very exclusive hotel. In other words, we couldn't pin point out what was wrong with the service (as I said earlier, staff were friendly, pleasant and efficient), but something more personal was missing. Therefore you don't get the warm feeling towards the hotel at the end of the stay. I have debated how I was going to rate it but I just could not say it is excellent.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom pavilion which had lots of space and a reasonable sized courtyard. I don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amanjena? Share your experiences!