“Oasis” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amanjena

and 1 more site!
You added Amanjena to your Saves list
Amanjena
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Route de Ouarzazate, km 12 | Amelkis, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #138 of 464 Hotels in Marrakech
Barcelona, Spain
“Oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Aman treats is its guests like royalty. Service at this resort is one of the best I've encountered.
Rooms - Room are villa style, we had a village with a patio, the room size very large, the bathroom is gigantic, the style is rustic Morrocan but very well done. Made me want to replicate the room at home. Every night the hotel left a little gift for us.
Spa - average massages
Pool and gym - the hotel has a large outdoor pool and a small indoor gym with a few treadmills and a bike
Food - Delicious meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner, they serve the best dates
Internet - WIFI throughout the whole hotel
Ambiance - Luxurious, Morrocan feel, there are reflective pools throughout the whole hotel
Service - they cater to your every need, we wanted our kids to ride camels so they brought the camels to the hotel for the kids to ride them. They also organized a private dinner for us under a tent with snake charmers and musicians. You almost never have to leave the hotel.
The hotel is expensive but it is worth every cent.

Room Tip: All villas are great, if you can afford it, get a villa with a pool
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012 via mobile

So very peaceful and private. I felt renewd after my stay.
Wonderful staff and manager who chose us a good guide to take us shopping who protected us from sellers.
transport to visit other restaurants.
I did not like trip to mountains to view a local house, very bumpy ride and little to organic sorry. Should have stayed in the luxury of hotel. That will teach me, wanting to see how real people live in Marrakech!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

I didn't stay here unfortunately but my partner and I went for a meal here. My sex and the city love took me to this dream place.

The service was out of this world. I've never felt so looked after.
The staff were fabulous and very polite.

I've never eaten food as amazing in my life. Perfection.

The hotel looks amazing and is very romantic.

I have to go back to Amanjena sometime in my life. Fingers crossed I can stay there some day but for now I'm more than happy to soak up the hotel for a meal.

You simply have to visit Amanjena. Total luxury.

• Stayed September 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were at this hotel for 10 days and were amazed at the level of quality, attention, and tranquility. This is not a family place as it is super quiet. The staff there impressed us every day in every which way possible. From arranging private tours in their small fleet of Mercedes cars to a private celebration for my wife’s 40th in the middle of the golf course under a tent. Never raved about a hotel like this before. There is no doubt the hotel is expensive, but there are also only about 40 rooms (80-100 guests at full capacity) so every need you may have is attended to by their 200+ staff. We stayed in the Pavillion Picine room and they included 3 meals in our daily room rate which was unexpected.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

The hotel is really beautiful and perfectly kept, the staff are friendly and efficient. The restaurants serve very nice food with excellent service. But there are significant negatives. The first is the location of the hotel. Yes it is only a short drive to the city center but the city felt quite inaccessible partly because the hotel doesn't recommend guests to use taxi for security reasons. Therefore if one takes the hotel's view seriously which we did, one's only means of transportation is hotel cars which adds a huge premium to the bill. It was probably a safer policy by the hotel however it was quite inconvenient for the guests, Merrakech felt too far away and unreachable. We came here for our anniversary so we thought a bit away from the hustle and bustle of Merrakech was a good idea. But it was too "not Merrakech" as one review pointed out which I fully agree. The second negative is, we felt, that the service, although very professional, was simply not personal enough which one would expect at this very exclusive hotel. In other words, we couldn't pin point out what was wrong with the service (as I said earlier, staff were friendly, pleasant and efficient), but something more personal was missing. Therefore you don't get the warm feeling towards the hotel at the end of the stay. I have debated how I was going to rate it but I just could not say it is excellent.

Room Tip: We had a one bedroom pavilion which had lots of space and a reasonable sized courtyard. I don't...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My family and I stayed at Amanjena for three nights while on vacation. I can't think of enough superlatives for this hotel. The staff were friendly and attentive, the room was wonderful, the hotel and grounds gorgeous, and the food, from both the Thai and Moroccan menus, was delightful. Dining outdoors by the bassin, with live Moroccan music at the sun set, was unforgettable. The location is outside the hustle and bustle of the city, but just a short a drive away.
The hotel arranged a full-day tour of the old city of Marrakesh for us. The guide was very knowledgeable, and even helped us with the bartering!
If only Amanjena were a bit more affordable... But this was a splurge our family will never forget.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
bologna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

I visited many, many places in the world and the most beautiful hotel, but Amanjena is really embarassing for its beauty and magic. Top service, incredible rooms, fantastic SPA. It's true, it's not exactly in the center of the city. But this is something I can bear for the privilege to go directly from my sofa into my private swimming pool only with a couple of steps. Negative sides? Yes, it's damn expensive. But it worth.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Amanjena? Share your experiences!