“Home to rest” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #320 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Home to rest”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Having recently returned from a 4 night stay at the Kenzi Farah I am looking forward to a good night's sleep. Every night I was woken by the sound of the very interesting plumbing as other guests visited the bathroom. Then the suitcase trolleys would trundle up and down the corridors as people checked in and out at various times. The dawn chorus consisted of the resident pidgeons cooing as they inevitablely deposited yet more guana on the balcony which we were unable to use for fear of being dive-bombed. Breakfast was a bit of a scramble and they need to understand that to keep hot food hot you have to LIGHT the burners under the bain maries. Contrary to other reviews though I found the staff extremely helpful and friendly. Any problems were dealt with quickly and efficiently. Deal with the pidgeons and I might go back.

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for a balcony.... you can't use it anyway.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Leicester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Booked this hotel for dates between 17 -21 March 2014.

Hotel is OK but was expecting much more.

When we got there I had to pay local Tax for me and my wife, we were charged around 230dm = £15-£17. The staff at the desk were OK - Some were friendly and some were always serious. We were also asked to put a deposit down of 600dh which was around 40pounds or something which we did get back at the end. ( If you use any of the service's or the mini bar provided by the hotel then the money is taken from your deposit)

We then were given a standard room which was okay but the air con did not work. The rooms were OK in size and sheets and towels were changed daily. The noise during the night was not bad at all, but i kept waking up due to the heat.

Breakfast - Once again breakfast was standard. Orange juice contains a lot of water, Eggs, croissants, Salads, Bread, Fruit and crepes
Just kept to tea, Crepes and croissants everyday - didn't really enjoy anything else.

The hotel it self looks good. It is not 5 star like it says. No way 5 star.
I didn't get a chance to use the outside pool, the weather was around 14-19c and water was cold.

The indoor pool is 100dh for 1 hour which is around £7, Expensive hay?
They also have a hamam, body massage and spa serivce- again all at different prices

I also needed my wife's dress ironing, the service was quick and efficient. It cost as 20 dh around £1.50.
The hotel do not provide a iron.

The WIFI at the hotel was OK to. I was able to get two bars in my room and also speak to family over skype. in the main lobby i was able to get full bars and the connection was good.

The hotel was around 6-8 mins drive to the centre. A taxi fare to the big square cost around 40dh-50dh around £3. Do NOT pay more. A walk to the center can take up to 20 mins.

Places to eat close by - they aint many places to eat close by, its hard to fine somewhere good to eat. I didnt enjoy the food at all.

When checking out i was asked for some reason to pay local tax again but after speaking to the person at the desk she said it was a mistake.

I was also being charged for Juice,taxi's, tours and other stuff which came up to 440dh around £31 for things i didnt use. I was shown my room number with someone else's signature next to it. I was told to write on a peace of paper that i didn't use this and after that i was given my deposit back. It took me around 20-30 mins to check out which is not great.

Overall the hotel is standard and is OK for 2-4 days. The service is not great but it does the job. Would i recommend it - Depends on your budget and what you looking for. If you looking for Comfort and better service then no but something to get by for a few days then yh.

Room Tip: The front desk - Is Noisy and Busy Best room - anything away from the main room. Ask for a Pool Vi...
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I spent an incredible holiday,the hotel was clean and calm, also the staff was nice and helpful the location was perfect 10min from the downtown that's the reason i liked it.
Glad to visit such a beatiful hotel.

• Stayed March 2015
HotelKenziFarah, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Kenzi Farah, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Marj,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Kenzi Farah hotel Marrakech. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Slough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First day at this hotel was fine but the next three days were awful as the hotel got full and they couldn't cope, at breakfast I had my cutlery taken off my table by other people then the staff tried to take it from me so they could take it to others then. When finally went to get food the gas had been turned off and all food was stone cold. Clean towels came late at night then on
Leaving they tried to make us pay 500 dhirums for a meal we never had because they got the wrong room number.

Room Tip: Facing onto the pool area
Zagreb, Croatia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed in Kenzi Farah Hotel only for one night on a recent business trip to Morocco. I enjoyed absolutely everything about it. Spacious, comfortable rooms, very nice bathroom, great breakfast, and very helpful staff.
Warmly recommended.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

brilliant hotel, room spacious, breakfast in the mornings was aswome, abit of a drive from the airport, but the check in was very quick and very friendly staff who dealt with your queries very quickly, also the centre where the tourist markets are is not far away overall very good stay.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The Hotel Kenzi Farah was actually a good value for the price I paid, which was heavily discounted from its typical rates. Travelers should be aware, however, that while the establishment claims to be a five-star hotel, it most definitely is not. Maybe it is a three-star hotel... maybe.

The hotel is safe, in a good area, and the room I had was clean and met my expectations of adequacy. However, check-in was slow, the rooms do not shield guests from noise, and I had to ask multiple times over several hours to have towels sent to my room after I discovered that the cleaning staff had removed all of them from my bathroom. My tour guide reported that many other guests had similar problems, or worse.

The hotel’s restaurant, “l'Orangeraie,” is not recommended for dinner, as it is overpriced relative to the much better food available at other nearby establishments. It is a fine option for breakfast, in my opinion.

So if you are looking for no more than a safe place with an adequate bed, the Kenzi Farah Hotel is a fine option. If you are looking for a five-star hotel, go elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Kenzi Farah? Share your experiences!