I have just returned from Kenzi Farah, which was my second visit to Marrakesh. I was and am still shocked at the way this hotel is run and how poor the service and hotel in general is. I have stayed in 5 star accommodation at the same price prior to visiting Kenzi Farah and can confirm that this hotel does not match the star rating it has been granted, nor does it match the price paid.
These are some of the problems I experienced while in resort:
1. Asked reception in excess of 5 times to hire/buy a converter plug. The staff were extremely unresponsive and didn't seem to care at all.
2. The floor that we stayed in, 4th floor, room 2403, smelt really bad.
3. I even had problems getting a bucket of ice. All I wanted to do was cool a bottle of red wine (which I had purchased from the hotel, which was served hot and undrinkable) and I was passed from bar to bar and then reception. The staff looked at me as if I was asking for gold.
4. My traveling companion had no help with getting a sunbed mattress or towels, whereas the same man helped another lady.
5. No prices for drinks or food outside of the half board offering. It is very much pot luck what you pay on any given day.
6. There are no labels on the food and drinks in the restaurant. The food is extremely poor with exception to the Morrocan evening, which seemed a lot better. Most evenings the meals we endured, left bad/off tastes in our mouths. The only food that seemed edible was the sweets. Two evenings out of four, I approached the chef that was cooking in the restaurant. I stood in front of him and asked what he was making, to which I received no response or acknowledgement.
7. The air conditioning in the room is very bad and non existent in other parts of the hotel.
8. Stained towels and bathmat in bathroom.
9. Loose shower rail in bathroom (quite dangerous).
10. Nearly all of the staff are rude and do not even acknowledge you.
On the first day, we reported all of the above to the hotel and our travel rep, who addressed the issues with the management. The management promised to sort out all of the issues that we had addressed and said they wanted to ensure we had a good stay.
Three days on from the day we addressed the complaint, nothing had changed or improved. On checking out, we were incorrectly charged for our drinks and food while in resort. We again expressed our concerns with our entire stay to be met when an arrogant response saying we should of complained more. In other words, kept on going back to reception to resolve the issues.
In the end the manager waived the charges on the bill, however it took 15 minutes of dispute where he was talking over us and not listening at all.
This hotel is not for British guests, it really felt like every other nationality was being treated in a far superior manner to us.
The only saving grace is that the room (bar the air conditioning) was moderately comfortable and that the tours to get you out of this resort were superb.
I would really advise anyone considering to book this hotel, to seriously think about whether they want to have a good experience in Marrakesh; as if it was not for the excellent excursion to the Atlas mountains, we would of considered leaving early.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A classic venue, typical of the Imperial City, a haven of peace set like a gem in a 3 hectors’ private splendid park of luxuriant greenery and dappling hues and vivid colors, the mythical, iconic KENZI FARAH HOTEL is located in the very heart of the prime, trendy, cosmopolitan district “L’Hivernage”.Completely renovated in 2011 and thanks to its privileged location, the KENZI FARAH HOTEL symbolizes and strikes the perfect balance between business and leisure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Tingo, HotelTravel.com, HostelBookers, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Kenzi Farah reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kenzi Farah Hotel Marrakech
- Kenzi Farah Marrakech