“average...like everything else in Marrakech” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Kenzi Farah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du President Kennedy, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #320 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“average...like everything else in Marrakech”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We booked the Riad in Medina but after going there we decided not to stay there ( terrible surroundings) and booked Kenzi Farah in the new city. It was ok. The standards are very low in Morocco therefore I guess this is as good as its gets. Be ready to wait...everywhere...check -in ( 40 min...with no line ), restaurant. I guess it is normal. Food was ok. After all Marrakech was a big flop. Wish we would go to some other place instead but we got carried away with all the "great reviews".

Room Tip: Rooms are large but dull...kinda sad looking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Excellent hotel! Great rooms and amenities! We had a great stay. The breakfast and dinner were really good with lots of options. The hotel is very well located. The rooms are great and very clean. we had a problem with the first room and they changed us to a better one with the beds we need it (we were in three and needed two double beds). We recommend it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HotelKenziFarah, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Kenzi Farah, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Thank you for choosing Kenzi Farah on your visit to Marrakech. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.
Dorset
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I was one of those persons who never believed in trip advisor until now. Having read some reviews before going I was sure that the hotel and location wasn't that bad and that many thousands of people who had gone just hadn't put anything on trip advisor...how wrong was I. The hotel was certainly not a 5*. If you compare it to say a premier inn then premier inn is a 5*.There are so many things to say but to shorten the list if I can; rude hotel staff, expensive drinks (for example nearly £5 for a small bottle of Heineken), cold food when it should be hot (this is the buffet restaurant for those who are half board), not fixing broken/leaking mini bar when complained on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd day, dirty cups at breakfast and dirty milk jugs (food or something on them, haven't a clue when they were last washed or wiped), food on restaurant walls, do not cater for children at all if you have fussy eaters, do not pass on information from holiday rep so it wasn't until he called me the following day to ask why I wasn't at the welcome meeting did I find out, charge for use of the indoor pool, left us without water on day we left for 2 1/2 hours by which time had to leave the hotel, tried to charge 300MAD for keeping the room on for an extra 2 hours although when I told them they had charged the same per night B & B for my friend to stay I then got the reply "well just for you we wont charge". You seem to have to tip for absolutely everything if you didn't want to be looked at like dirt. My friend who came for the last 2 days of the holiday shared our room. The extra bed turned up the following afternoon so one of us had to sleep on the floor. Location is not easy walking distance to the Medina especially if you are just a couple of girls. No maps handed out, despite asking always told later. The sun beds you need to grab early as they don't have enough for the size of the hotel. the hotel rooms are very worn (well mine was). Agree with another review which says don't let the pics & the outside fool you. Took a guide to the Medina but spent most of time worrying where he was as he seemed happy to just leave me and my daughter in an area we had absolutely no knowledge off and surrounded by locals - very intimidating to say the least. And just to top it, in case you are never told when you get to your hotel, you are told that you have to pay local taxes. I accept it is not that much, 28 MADs per person per day, but for a bigger family this can certainly be just another expense they were not prepared for as I wasnt. The good things in Marrakech.....the weather, the company you go on holiday with, unfortunately I cannot think of anything else good to say!

Room Tip: Wouldn't like to say.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Campbell, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This is really a very nice hotel: clean, good restaurant, good location, great pool area, etc. Too bad the reception desk person evidently had an attitude problem. When we checked in I noticed that the AC didn't seem to be working properly so I told the "responsible party" at the reception desk about it on our way out to dinner.

When we returned it was clear that nobody had done anything about the AC, and now the room smelled like a sewer. I went back to Reception, and the woman there didn't seem to believe me when I told her the problem. She finally sent a technician who confirmed our problem, and we were moved to another room that didn't have the same problem.

The rest of our stay was pleasant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
HotelKenziFarah, Responsable relations publiques at Hotel Kenzi Farah, responded to this review, June 6, 2013

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Marrakech.

Essex, England
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

First impressions were nice but on arrival we had to ask to change rooms as we were put at the very back of the hotel over looking a roof top full of sand bags. We was also questioned at reception where we booked and how much we paid don't know if they a difference to the room we got. We did get moved to a much better room overlooking the pool after dragging our bags about and feeling tired from being up since 2 am travelling.
The room was nice and pool area was lovely. Food was good and lunch was well presented and tasty but was a bit pricy. Drinks in particular was expensive 2 small glasses of wine was about £8.00.
The main thing that let this hotel down was the staff, reception staff were rude and unhelpful and the pool side restaurant staff were slow and miserable not what you want when on holiday, it seemed the older staff were the worst.
My girlfriend went in to the toilet at one point and the staff were smoking in there not what you would expect at a 5 star hotel. We also heard one of the pool bar managers recommending to stay at the Sofitel which doesn't fill you with confidence.
The bar in the evening wasn't open once while we were there and it wasn't like we went out of season, looked like a nice bar through the locked doors but a shame we couldn't use it.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Bronx, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

We recently came back from a tour in Morrocco. Unfortunately to say, Marrakech left us wanting more. This hotel made it a bad experience to say the least. The shower curtain was awful looking, the ivory white that was once there is now beige with rust and mold on it. It didn't cover the whole bath tub, so as we were taking a shower, water would also spill out of the edge of the tub and wet the floor. We had to use most of our towels and ask for more every day. There was hot and cold water with good pressure, however the piping of the shower broke on us three times causing water to burst out of the pipes and essentially wet the whole bathroom.. walls, mirrors, and the floor. The first two times we had to take a shower with a water bottle. My boyfriend was creative and ended up having to cut the water bottle in half and use it to pour water from the main faucet on ourselves. The first two times we called to fix the problem, the guys just tightened up the pipe when the pipe really needed to be changed completely. The third time it happened on the morning that we left and the guy that came to fix it was bright enough to change the whole pipe. That was our first decent shower in Marrakech. If you thought that was bad, READ THIS.. one morning I noticed droppings on the floor around the complimentary fruits and pastries that the hotel gave us on arrival. When I looked up, there were teeth marks on my apple, crumbs around the pastry plate and the plastic wrap was bitten through! THERE WERE RODENTS in the hotel room. The first time that we told the receptionist she gasped, and said we'll have someone come up but no one did. The second time we personally told the receptionist in the lobby and his face didn't even flinch. He said he will have someone come up but no one responded to our complaint! So does that mean it has happen before?! DISGUSTING! There's more, one of our tour members found bird droppings and a gigantic bird in her room !!!! Seriously, you can't make this up. The breakfast appeared nice... but it was not tasty at all. The bread was hard like a baseball. In fact, after our incident of rodents, I was hesistant to eat. Also, I do not think they have a king size bed, we came as a couple and despite making prior arrangements, we ended up getting a room with two full size beds.

Ok so now for the good points, I like to be fair... the room was very spacious, good for two. Spacious closets. Clean air, no smells. We had a view of the pool. There was a separate bath and toilet. The toilet also had good pressure and allowed privacy. There was an electronic key so it is modernized.

Over all, we DO NOT recommend this hotel. The circumstances were totally unacceptable. We expected much more for a hotel in Marrakech, a city that everyone raves about!!! It definitely did not impress us. The only reason why I gave it two stars is because the lobby looked beautiful.

paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I had a great stay in this hotel. My compagon and I stayed in a suite overlooking the beautiful pool! the service is excellent and the restaurant is very good! the a la carte menu is exquisite.
the spa is a true temple of well-being!
I recommend this hotel because I spent 5 amazing nights!

Dear guest,

We are delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us at Kenzi Farah Marrakech.They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every gust feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.

We hope to see you in near future.

Sincerely

Been to Hotel Kenzi Farah? Share your experiences!